Sly And The Family Stone

Discussion in 'Rythym and Blues' started by White Scorpion, Apr 16, 2007.

1. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

One of the true pleasures in life is discovering that your parents own an LP by this magnificent band.

The funk just oozes from the cover before the vinyl even hits the turntable.

It's like being a kid and finding your mama's jewelery box for the first time. All the shiny treasure inside glitters, and you haul it down to the pawn shop in the hope of getting some scoobies.

But enough Welsh.

Sony has just re-released a Limited Deluxe edition of "Stand!" the jewel in the crown of this spectacular 60s band, and you'll be a sorry ass to miss it.

This is the sort of CD where you put it in your car and jack the volume up, and you are instantly in your own personal Tarantino flick.

Any fans out there?

2. PSYCHEDELICA MAN

PSYCHEDELICA MAN The psychman

sly and the family stone was one of the best psych soul/funk bands of the 60's and early 70's.The album/cd "stand !"is one of their best,great band.

3. White Scorpion

At last! Someone who appreciates real music! Psychedelica man if you have any similar tunes to them let me know. I love that stuff. Especially in the summertime.

4. PSYCHEDELICA MAN

PSYCHEDELICA MAN The psychman

check out these cd's-the chambers brothers:the time has come today and the temptations:psychedelic soul (all tracks produced by norman whitfield)

5. White Scorpion

Excellent Psychedellica Man. I'm going music shopping on Sunday and I'll try and get hold of them.

6. maryjanegirl_2005

maryjanegirl_2005 Controlled Chaos

I love Sly & The Family. Their song "Everyday People" if my fav.

7. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

I think Fresh is way more funky. Riot is the uber, I think stand pales in comparison to this masterpiece. Very raw funky tripped out stuff. Also some soul train performances are really funky.

If you want funk psychedelia, funkadelic pre 74 is the shit. A lot of people think of p funk when they hear funkadelic, real funkadelic is old early 70s acid funk rock.

8. Mister J

Mister J Member

Yes i was dancing to Sly and the Family Stone a few weeks ago! I was watching the Woodstock documentary and it was one of the best shows i've seen. I love the energy behind the band. It's what gets a crowd going!

9. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

They just re released all his albums in a box set expanded and whatnot I am probably gonna have to pick that up, riot supposedly sounds a lot better now.