Slipknot!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by streetballfreak, May 14, 2004.

1. streetballfreak

streetballfreak Member

I think Slipknot is the coolest band ever.Not only because of the thundering guitr riffs,but the awesome percussion is just plain carzy.Corey Taylor is an awesome singer with impressive vocal talent and the songs which may scare some are greatly writtn.So if anybody loves this amazing band let me know.

2. migle

migle Senior Member

I like'em and they lives are really great, when the two batteries players stay back to back and play as if they were out of their minds. Tey make me wake up in the mornings

3. Voodoo child

Voodoo child Member

I have a certian amount of respect for slipknot coz they started the whole trend of little skater dudes ( mini- moshers) and encouraging younger kids to get into rock music - which can only be a good thing in my opinion.

As for Corey Taylor, the man really can sing but i dont think people really appreciate that with slipknot coz he simply screams, and sometimes mixes that with proper singing. I myself only discovered that he could sing when Stonesour released ' bother' as a single last year and i was amazed in a fantastic way at how good he could be when he really wanted to be.

peace and love
    xxx

4. Butters

Butters Senior Member

The new album kicks serious ass. Its a different sound and I love it. I didn't used to like Slipknot too much, but this new CD rules.

5. Guitar_god_

Guitar_god_ Member

I liked that duality song from their new album, but only because of the chorus, with the odd feeling group of 3 4/4 bars. I hate his rapping, and the guitarist in my opinion needs to take some lessons and turn down the distortion. Corey taylor is a pretty good singer, but I'm not really one for Nu metal.

6. boog

boog A square peg

i thought they were quite fun.
    bringing noise to the masses can only be a good thing. plus theres a couple of good songs to dance to.
    But the most recent album is shite. boring with no sparks. which is what kept them entertaining.

7. vincentvega

vincentvega Member

Slipknot could quite possibly be the biggest disgrace to metal music ever. First off, why 9 people? It makes no sence, you could cut 3 of them and produce the same effect. And, dont give me that "they NEED 2 drummers" crap, its not true. Next, a DJ!? Thats pissing on metal and then some! I have rescently wasted my time reading one of their articles in GuitarOne and was not impressed with their outlook on the music industry. They are one of the sole reasons that the music industry is so horrible now. Gee, i think it would be fun to create a false image by hiding behind a mask and playing my half-rate, overrated guitar rythems and drum beats, dont you? Truth is, the genre they are apart of, called "nu-metal" is dying rapidly. People are realizing how repeatitive and simple all of their music is and i await the day when shit bands like slipknot, mudvayne, mushroomhead, and other crappy "rock" bands like puddle of mudd(AHHHH!) , static-x, staind, chevelle, and trapt DIE A WHORE-ABLE DEATH! -rock-

8. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I am a maggot. Slipknot is amazing.
    Corey's voice just vibrates through my veins. Man, I love his voice.
    Their new album is my favorite.

9. Mui

Mui Senior Member

slipknot sucks

real metal heads agree

Love,
    Mui.

10. Tykn130

Tykn130 Member

They dont all suck. I used to like them alot now i just listen to them sometime when im at my friend house. MY favorite song is SIC,Left Behind,and Wait and bleed,And I hated.