Slim fast?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by akashawillow, Jan 6, 2005.

1. akashawillow

akashawillow Member

Well I had an adult friend tell me that slim fast help vegetarians out when it comes to vitamins since im missing some from the meat that I dont eat.IS that true,im NOT thinking about it for weight loss im just trying to save money instead of buying a shit load of pills.So would it help me or not?:p

2. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

i don't know about Slim fast but i know you don't need a shit load of pills

3. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Why not just take a multi-vitamin? You would probably spend less on one bottle of those than buying packs of slimfast, which is not cheap.... I dont think.

4. Claire

Claire Senior Member

I think in the longterm you'd be better spending some time adjusting your diet so that you get the vitamins you need naturally.

It's a pain in the arse to start off with but after a few weeks you slip into knowing what you need and don't need.

I find it easy to get the required vitamins and minerals I need daily. The only thing I struggle with is omega oil. Unless I have some in a salad dressing or dip I tend to take a capsule just that one day not on a regular basis.

The problem with multi-vitamins is that they aren't specifically taylored to what you as an individual needs.

If you find your diet is natually low in one area just modify your diet a little. It's often just a case of having a small amount of seeds a day or changing say carrots for brocilli with your evening meal.

Good Luck:)

Love Clairexxx

5. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Or you could push the boat out and have both ;)

6. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Now! now! steady on:p

7. Barefoot_Surfer

Barefoot_Surfer Member

I don't take supliments. When the doc did a blood test on me to check my mineral balance for some probs I am having the test come back as normal. Still wondering what is causing my probs.

Matt