sleeping remedies?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Rudie, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Rudie

Rudie Visitor

x

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2019
  2. schatzi

schatzi Member

I'd like some advice on the same thing. I haven't been sleeping well lately :(

3. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Whenever I can't sleep, I take a nice hot bath with lavender oil. It is very relaxing, and sometimes I have to try not to fall asleep in the tub. Drink Chamomile (sp?) tea. I wouldn't resort to artificial sleep aids, you may become dependant on them. It happened to me with tylenol pm. I would take them to help sleep if I had a headache, and all of the sudden, I noticed that I couldn't sleep without it. The addiction sneaks up on you.

4. Midget

Midget Senior Member

I had some chamomille tea...it tasted awful. :p But it was bagged, and such, from some comapny, so it had probably been over processed and whatnot...can you get it in loose leaf, or some brand that tastes better that is bagged?

5. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Turkey... turkey has been scientifically proven to make you tired. I think milk too, but don't quote me on that.

6. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

Melatonin. It is the hormone that your body produces, when the sun goes down. You can get it in tablet form. It works for me and I'm a chronic insomniac... :)

Also, exercise helps... Work out, a few hours before bedtime. It relieves stress and tension. I always notice a disturbance in my sleep pattern (even with the melatonin), when I don't exercise...

7. neckienoo

neckienoo Member

I've heard of people using melatonin, and valerian and passion flower. I myself have used kava and I think it's mildly relaxing....Sweet dreams.

8. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Member

Megadoses of calcium. But it has to be the powdered, coral calcium because all other forms of it are undigestible. A good 2,000 mg. spoonful should put you out like a candle in a hurricane.