Sleeping naked with children

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by NakedInfluence, Aug 3, 2018.

1. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

I recently read a thread on another site asking parents if they slept naked and if they're ok with kids joining them in the bed. Nine times out of ten they said it was ok for a mum to sleep naked whether the child was a boy or girl but a dad being naked with daughter in the bed was not cool.
    Do we at HF want to perpetuate this double standard?

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Adults naked around children in any circumstance is wrong in my opinion

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Why?

I can't form an opinion and I'm interested in the reasoning on either side

Dude111 likes this.
  4. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

I'm afraid the "double standard" relates to the record men have of being sexually attracted to children, and being willing to act on that attraction. Women very rarely do the equivalent. It happens often enough that it's difficult to avoid thinking "How will this man treat this little girl? Better make sure there's some separation between them."

But naked adults and children in a family or in a social space (resort, beach, group of friends etc) shouldn't worry anyone. If everyone can see what everyone else is doing, we can feel safe. Nude or clothed, I'd worry about any adult who wanted to be alone with a child, and I'd avoid it myself.

Irminsul likes this.
  5. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

I have nothing against genuine naturist families where everybody spends a lot of time naked together as a family unit.
    This includes shared bedrooms where children, brought up in a naturist lifestyle and aware of the changes that take place to bodies over time, are accepting and unfussed by the arrangement.

But there is something deeply unsettling about a naked man sleeping with his naked daughter, or more unsettling still, a naked man sleeping with his son, sons - plural, daughter, etc.,etc.. It just does not sit well with me at all.

Irminsul likes this.
  6. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

The majority of nudist and nudist families deal with nudity around children In a positive way. I believe that most parents or adults are not going to be pervy around children. The catchword here is MOST. That said, I don't see anything wrong with parents (single or plural) sleeping naked with their child/children or being alone naked with their child/children.
    You don't see comments in textile social media about leaving a father or mother alone with their child/children. And you don't see relatives running to take away children from single parents. The argument, in my opinion, against single nudist parents being nude or sleeping nude with their child/children is, absolutely, bogus....

7. gt30743

gt30743 Members

Do we at HF want to perpetuate this double standard?

I agree there is a double standard, and any such double standard is wrong. There is nothing wrong or improper about either parent sleeping naked with children of either sex.

That being said, either parent acting outside of normal parental love and support is also wrong. Violating any child's body is abhorrent and deserves a severe response.

djomalley and johnshearing like this.
  8. Noserider

Because children aren't consenting adults and may not want to see an adult human body in the buff.

When I was 8 years old, I would have been traumatized to see a naked adult.

9. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Sometimes there just needs to be double standards... ... ...

because women don't get REM SLEEP BONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. I think it's wrong in either case and agree with Noserider. Children have no choice in the matter. Maybe your private parts just aren't as important to them as they are to you. People should stop waving them around in everybody's faces, especially children. Keep your junk to yourself maybe.

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Nudity does not equal sexuality and eroticism. I've been to nude beaches where some parents will bring their children, and they don't seem to have a problem with it. So I don't think children seeing other people naked will traumatize them; that seems like a silly belief based in puritanical culture.

But a parent sleeping naked in the same bed with their children is pushing it way to far.

djomalley and unshodone like this.
  12. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

My parents were not ashamed to be caught nude around us occasionally. It happens in families. They didn't flaunt it, neither did they suppress it. We never slept with them nude, there was always a barrier between. I found the joy and comfort of sleeping nude in my early teens and have done so ever since. My parents supported me. My children and some of my grandchildren have seen me nude again in a family setting and not intentional. Always there was and is a barrier between the children and myself when they are around. I am either clothed or if in bed remain covered until it is appropriate for me to get up. My partner and I educated our children at an early age about the human body, right and wrong, sexuality, and the issues that come with it. We did not wave our parts in their faces nor were they ever traumatized seeing us nude occasionally. That is because they were educated that there is no shame in the human body and how it looks. The children in my family who are of the age to understand know I prefer to be nude where or when ever I can be but there are times it is not appropriate. We taught them this and my children teach my grandchildren this as well.

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oi, what is it crazy week on HF or something?

Orison likes this.
  14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

where were you every other week ever?

15. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

OMG what hogwash..............

djomalley likes this.
  16. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

Were u raised in a convent???? total bullshit........kids r not truamatized by nudity.........for centeries, even eons, men, women and children have roamed the planet naked..........and sex had nothing to do with it..........GET A LIFE............... be real.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Having this argument anonymously online is redundant.

Go out into the real world, at the top of your voice express to everyone you meet on a daily basis how much you love sleeping naked with children, how "normal" you think it is. See what happens.

Dont do it here, you will just attract all the creepers

18. Noserider

Are you saying that because something has been done for eons it should be continued in modern times?

Also, I didn't mention anything about sex; you did. So, why don't you settle the fuck down, and accept the fact that just because someone disagrees with you, you don't have the right to put words in their mouth, nor make assumptions about how full or empty their lives may or may not be.

No. I wasn't raised in a convent. Were you raised in a brothel? See how stinging and stupid that question is? Why don't you present an argument like a rational adult instead of a kneejerk reaction that ammounts to little more than a digital temper tantrum?

19. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

You are absolutely right Vanilla Gorilla............