Sleeping for 24-48 hours

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by odonII, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

if you're just looking for a temporary solution I would recommend a benzo. You won't be able to sleep 24 - 48 hours probably but you would at least be able to get a good 12 hours in.

If you want a long term solution to help you regulate your sleep pattern I recommend exercising every day until you exhaust yourself coupled with a well balanced diet. You could also try Valerian root. You can buy it as a supplement or make a tea with it.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

many people exhibit mania during the warm weather... and not sleep very much.
    Sleeping over 12hrs is a good way to become dehydrated and sicker than you did when you were trying to sleep..

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

and about melatonin... and in regards to to another poster who mentioned melatonin very rarely even working... I had had that same experience with them... until I discovered a new brand and form of them... I do not even know if they have this particular brand of them over there in the UK but they might have the form of them... they are Natrol brand Quick Dissolve tablets and come in 2, 5 and 10 mg. So basically they are a flavored tablet you dissolve in your mouth and I get the 10 mg ones ... or take two 5's. but anyways, for some reason- and I've been taking these for months now (there are many other, general health benefits to melatonin, other than it being just a sleep aid..many)... and they still work for me.
    Granted, they are not a heavy duty horse tranquilizer if you know what I mean... no "heavy" there... but these do work for what I need them to work for...which is helping me get to sleep, stay asleep and sleep restfully.
    but yea any melatonin that I had previously tried that was just a pill didn't do much for me.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

most of them, yep. and it's funny how brands like "Z Quil" charge 5 times as much for liquid diphenhydramine plus alcohol. Funny funny. I always would just get the generic diphenhydramine and save a bunch of money..

there is one other otc sleeping pill here... i'm not remembering what it's called now but when I want something diff I just looked at all the ingredients and get the generic of the ONE that isn't Benadryl. I think it's unisom.

5. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

You probably need to address your whole sleeping pattern to really have a solution that works for the long term and make changes to them.

Short term medication can help but it can also leave you with a feeling of being tired still as it is not the same as a natural sleep.

You may also wish to see if you might have a form of sleep apnea. It can also really mess with sleeping and feeling rested.

I have had sleeping issues for most of my adulthood and changing the patterns are the only thing that have helped at all.

Also consider moving your bed if at all possible so that your head is not north when sleeping.

6. odonII

odonII O

My bed points west, but I have been dozing off on my settee recently, and it is in the north/south position. I have been known to sleep pointing north. Is it something to do with the moon?

7. Heat

It has to do with earths magnetic poles. North is positive and south is negative.

Our body has magnetic poles as well and our head is positive and our feet are negative. If you sleep with your head north it then means energy that should be resting is spent to fight against the earths pole.

It costs nothing to try and change the direction you sleep in and it might help. Some people seem more sensitive than others to magnetic poles.

8. odonII

odonII O

*chooses not to make a joke about his magnetic personality*

If nothing else, sleeping in a bed is a lot better than sleeping on a couch.

I do tend to swap end, though. Does it matter if your feet or head is pointing North?

9. Heat

It is your head that should not ever be pointing North. Feet north allows magnetic energy to flow out.

10. odonII

odonII O

: /

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpwuw_PKOb0"]better rest sleep tips sleep with your head pointed north holistic health - YouTube

11. odonII

odonII O

I thought she actually meant upside down.

This is me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHyziEUyvMc"]Sleeping Upsidedown - YouTube

12. Heat

I suppose it depends on who you believe? :)

While the "science" is fairly new the beliefs of cultures where it is done is not. So I guess you should go with what is comfortable for you. :)

13. odonII

odonII O

Apart from smashing my head against a sledge-hammer (or vice-versa) and taking cocaine - I'm going to look into all of the suggestions.

14. Heat

I hear you. :)

Sleeping issues can get very frustrating and dealing with them is not usually an easy one step answer.

Hope you soon get some sleep that is restful. :)

15. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Do you smoke or drink coffee or tea? If so, try laying off of them for a couple of weeks and seeing how it affects you.

16. odonII

odonII O

Taking a few weeks off smoking ? Easier said than done.

17. nz male

nz male Senior Member

There are health shops that sell tablets that assist to help get a longer sleep.
    Or you could try counting sheep - we have a few getting around the country over here !

18. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Oh yeah, I actually remember you saying the coffee thing now.

Maybe try to not smoke for a couple of hours before you plan on going to sleep?

19. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

find a kinky partner to choke you out

20. odonII

odonII O

Erm, no thank you :leaving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqlze-aPaGY"]Choke Out UNCUT - YouTube

I do try not to : /
    I've definitely tried all those types of things before, and I fail.
    It feels like it takes a few weeks for any noticeable difference to occur.
    I have NO patience at all.