Sleeping for 24-48 hours

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by odonII, Jul 21, 2013.

1. odonII

odonII O

To be fair, they are not that expensive when you work out how many you get.
    I did spot some on ebay, too.
    So might buy enough for a month, and see how things go.

I'll try ebay out, and then think about getting some from where you got some from.
    I think there is a store somewhere around here.

I'll definitely let you know how things work out.

2. odonII

odonII O

Me too. I wouldn't do that. I like keeping up with your exploits etc.
    I think to myself: Thank GOD that Matthew is doing/saying that and not this Matthew :p

3. odonII

odonII O

Btw, did you get to feel the earthquake?

4. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

Nah, I'm too far south. my city was already annihilated by an earthquake, it seems the land is moving on to a fresh target.

5. odonII

odonII O

Yeah, I heard about the other one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duoS7hwJlrU"]New CCTV Footage Of Christchurch Earthquake - YouTube

I feel very luck living where I do.

6. odonII

odonII O

Anyhoo, shopping time. Y'all take care.

7. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

Yeh, I lived in the CBD in an old office building converted to an apartment. It was fucked and if I wasn't at university at the time I might've died. A dude I knew was killed a block away from where I lived when his shop collapsed on him as he tried to escape.

8. odonII

odonII O

Missed this.

About 65 years ago.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Health_Service

Seriously...
    We pay taxes. I should have said 'free'.

A lot of GP surgeries are privately run, but they charge the NHS not the patient - so we get the illusion it's 'free'.

We have to pay for prescriptions, too. I think it is a flat fee: £7-8

:(

9. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

Our economy is too shit for fully funded public healthcare.

GP visits can cost over $80 if youre not a regular patient, if youre enrolled i think most places its about 40, 50 dollars or so. I'm on some special sick person government funding & my mum works for my GP so I'm lucky and dont pay anything.

Public hospitals are free though thank fuck, because my lungs collapsed at the start of the year and I had to stay in one and get a whole bunch of tests and shit done. I have no medical insurance so without a public health system I wouldve been totally fucked.

10. odonII

odonII O

[​IMG]

£1 = NZ$1.93

UK
    GDP (nominal) 2012 estimate
    - Total $2.434 trillion[6] (6th)
    - Per capita $38,591

I just looked up your GDP etc. :( and I just found out some of your taxes make there way to our shores. How do you guys survive? Tourism?

I would expect more than 10 minutes for £40...and wouldn't like to think what it would be like if I had to go on a regular basis.

On top of that, you have earthquakes.

Given the amount of strife in NZ (earthquakes etc) - I'm surprised they haven't moved you all over to Australia...

11. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

Dairy & tourism I think. they're the only major things going for us i can think of.

supported by government corruption sucking Warner Bros Execs dicks to get The Hobbit filmed here and such

A lot of us are moving to australia, cuz their wages/salaries are so much higher. people get their degrees/work experience here then head on over. govt is trying to stop it but little success. I think they should open the border to asia/india/latin america. Our population isn't even four-and-a-half million and we have so much space, and all our NZ born people are wanting to head overseas.

Also several years ago I required surgrey on my chest, and the only surgeon in the entire country that performed the operation was an immigrant from india, and he chose chch, NZ of all places to move to. if he's chosen anywhere else on the planet i wouldve been shit out of luck. so i'm slightly biased because that's always weighing on my conscious, but if our country can't provide then i think open the fucking border, get skilled people in here if the ones born here are fucking off to aus.

anyway.. this is totally not off topic or anything eh..

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So I don't understand why you don't just go to a doctor and explain your problem?

13. odonII

odonII O

I think I have gained a lot more from asking a question and getting feedback from people that have something to suggest because they recognise what I am saying, or/and have something they think will help out...
    I plan to go to my GP, but he is likely to ask me how many hours of sleep I get, and prescribe something to mildly improve the situation.
    Maybe some sleeping tablets.
    I imagine many of the suggestions here will do the same, and some will do even more.
    I've saved the tax payer some money, haven't I?
    Seriously, I do plan on going to my GP.
    This was a 'random thought'.
    I have learned something I don't think the GP would recommend/suggest with out me nudging him.

14. odonII

odonII O

Doing a little bit of research on the UK and NZ economy did make me a little sleepy :D

15. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

16. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

you should probably only take melatonin if you talk to your doctor first.

a benzo would put you out (ativan, clonazepam, xanax, valium), or something like ambien (i've never used it, but it is a sleeping pill). don't take seroquel... it's an anti-psychotic.

17. odonII

odonII O

I'm going to try 5-HTP.

18. eggsprog

5-HTP seems to work as a mood booster, but sure if it helped me sleep as I didn't really have problems sleeping anyway. Maybe take it in the morning, because some people find that it gives them a little energy boost.

19. odonII

odonII O

eggsprog

I wasn't looking for anything to help me sleep per se.
    I was looking for something to knock me out for upto 48 hours.
    That is probably a little unrealistic unless I use really powerful drugs.
    It wasn't 100% serious, anyway.
    I just wanted to sleep for an unnatural amount of time.
    I can see that what I really want/need is a subtle mood changer.

20. eggsprog

just take a couple of over the counter sleeping pills, they will probably do the trick.

fun fact - lots of over the counter sleeping pills are just benadryl