Sleeping for 24-48 hours

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by odonII, Jul 21, 2013.

1. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Have you heard of an amino acid supplement 5-HTP? I've been taking it for about a year now and I sleep so much better at night, my mood is better and I generally feel better too. Have a look on google, 5-HTP is good stuff. You can get it from Holland & Barrett's.

2. odonII

odonII O

AmericanTerrorist

Well, I'm not working at the moment, so have had lots of time to sleep as much as I've liked. But I'm over that now.
    It isn't for a long term 'fix' for anything. Just a short term 'pick me up'. Just to re-order my brain a little, and give myself a mind rest.
    Maybe even feel a bit better too.

When you say 'forever' I take it you don't mean this 'forever'

[​IMG]

3. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

Sometimes if I've got nothing else to do I'll take a couple and try to fight the sedation for as long as I can. Heavy is the correct word, once it kicks in its such a fucking weight. Your primal instinct for sleep really kicks in, nothing else matters.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Ha. No, But...then again. I'd watch the dosage on that stuff. I have no idea how some people are prescribed so much of it and actually get up and move with it in their system.

or you could just take valium.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yep, heavy... stuck to the bed. Glued there... couldn't move...

then sleeeep and lots of it.

I used to have a bunch that that girl gave me just sitting around for times when you really, really need to sleep and nothing else would work.

oh and btw, lol.. because yea I don't know how well you could end up fighting that weight for too long..

6. odonII

odonII O

Thanks.

5-HTP: Mood Enhancement, Sleep Aid, Slimming Support

Seems perfect
    [​IMG]

...although, expensive

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/categories.asp?cid=137

I think I'm worth it, though.

7. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

the 60 pill one is half price, stock up on that shit g

my only experience with 5-htp is when i took some with party pills

i later hooked up with a girl i'd fancied for three years. but because of the party pills i had erectile dysfunction. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

havent touched any of that since :cuss:

8. odonII

odonII O

I think I'm going to set up a odon charity fund via paypal or some 'charity' site, and buy myself a few years worth of 5-HTP. All those chemical you and Arlandis mention seem a little too toxic for my liking. I'm sure they work and are fine. But i just have a horrible feeling my mum is going to find me spread out dead one day if I go down that road.

Feel free to donate ;)

9. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

i'll donate nakey pics you can sell and we can split the profits 50/50

10. odonII

odonII O

:smilielol5:

Sorry, but that's funny.

Did things work out in the end?
    Did you eventually manage to show how much you cared for her? :devil:

11. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

lol nope, that was in 2011 and havent had an opportunity since. sigh.

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

haha, okay the checks in the mail... ;)

I've taken 5-htp also btw. I wasn't taking it specifically for sleep. Like arlandis I was taking it because of rolling... only with me I took it because I had become completely e-tarded and serotonin depleted so I found out about that and took it to boost my levels. It did help and I think I do remember I slept well when on it... it was a while ago though.

ha! Hustler there. lol.

13. odonII

odonII O

Hey, what about nude pics of me? Mmmm, ok, the best bit about me is my back, I reckon. Maybe my shoulders.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Some straight up nudes, no sucking men's *cough*stroking females *cough* or anything like that?

14. odonII

odonII O

Atleast she was willing, so you never know. Good luck, bro ;)

15. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

You're wearing jeans! That's cheating! :cuss:

16. odonII

odonII O

AmericanTerrorist

Thanks. That rang a few bells with me. It's probably more to do with an imbalance somewhere along the line.

17. odonII

odonII O

In that picture I am. I took some others. Purely to show a progression (hopefully) honest - I'm posting infrequently some on Facebook. Nonudes, though. It isn't cheating, it's called 'not being disowned by my parents/family/friends' 'mega embarrassment on hipforums' I'm tired not mad.

18. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

H&B often have their buy one get one for 1p offer on and 5-HTP is always included in that offer so stock up :D Also get their loyalty card, I'm always suspicious about loyalty cards but theirs is actually worth it. Anyhow, let me know how you get on with it!

19. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

I feel honoured that after all these years you haven't purged me from FB lol

20. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Well, good luck with that...I bought that exact thing with some of my (VERY) meager funds, and it was an absolute waste for me. I had Very High Hopes. :(

Melatonin - tried it. It works maybe one night every 2 months or so...if you (I) am lucky.

I've also tried this OTC pill called "Relax & Sleep" which is a mixture of: valerian, chamomile and melatonin. It helps maybe 1 or 2 times out of the bottle of 30...I take 1 or 2 at a time. It works better if you take it with some food.

Since you can go to the doctor for free, I would do that tomorrow first thing! A good friend of mine has had problems with sleeping, or with staying asleep - just like me and we are the same age - and she was prescribed Ambien. Works great for her. I can't afford to go to anything but the emergency room...b/c they have to take you and bill you later. However, they are NOT interested in "treating" people with sleeping problems. lol