Slayer

Discussion in 'Music' started by SweeperOfDreams13, May 8, 2004.

1. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Who likes Slayer?
    I know I do.
    Does anyone know if they are all "white power'ish? because that's what I heard and that's not cool man.

2. Ananael

Ananael Member

Yay, I love Slayer! Going to see them live on the 6th of June! Woohoo!! Sorry, I'm a wee bit excited.

Couldn't tell you if they are "white powerish", i've never heard of them being linked to that before. I hope not coz it would kinda suck if they were.

3. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Yeah, I've never heard of them being linked to any white supremecy groups... but you never know. Even if they were, that doesn't change that they make good music.

4. osiris

osiris Senior Member

nah. you forget that they did a song with... wasn't it public enemy... on the judgement night soundtrack. i know they've done a few of those type things with rap acts black and white. did you know kerry king played guitar on the beasties "no sleep till brooklyn" and "fight for your right"?

you see metal and hip hop in hybrid situation all the time... ask yourself, though, how many black people have anything to do with country music? not that i blame them.... blazing saddles, anyone?

"excuse me while i whip this thing out.
    *gasp*"

lol.

much love :)

5. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

a lot of skinheads like them. if you go to a slayer show you will see some but you will also see a bunch of thugs. slayer shows are so mixed wtih people its almost funny.

i dont think slayer themselves has anything to do with white supremecy since im pretty sure the lead singer isnt even white.

6. TheDoorsOfPerception

TheDoorsOfPerception Member

I like Slayer. They aren't "white powerish" .

7. exhibita

exhibita Member

They did a song with Ice-T. I think it's called Disorder for the Judgement Night soundtrack. Don't know if it's in the movie. Didn't see it yet.

8. exhibita

exhibita Member

I think the rumour of being 'white power' may have something to do with guitarist Jeff Hannemen's hobby of collecting Nazi memrobilia.

9. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

They're a cheap excuse for metal.

10. melonhead

melonhead Member

slayer rocks. i am not into such heavy music, but my bf is, and lemme tell ya: slayer shows are amazing, and the variety of ppl you see is too funny.

they are not a "white power" band. i even see mixed fans there.

an awesome metal band is Soulfly. if you actually listen to their lyrics, all their songs are about peace and acceptance.

peace.
    LP

11. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

well if you dont like metal than you dont like metal, but slayer have been anything but a cheap excuse for metal for 22 years now, and I like em.
    South of heaven is my favorite.

12. exhibita

exhibita Member

13. DR. REEFER

DR. REEFER Member

SLAYER!!!!!!!!! you have to let it out with fucking aggresion when you yell that!!! ya i fucking love slayer i own all there earlier albums from "show no mercy" (83') up until "seasons in the abyss" (90) ohhh ya and the one from 98' "diabolous in musica". i saw them last june when they were touring with damageplan (R.I.P dimebag), and it was a fucking awsome show! great pit i was in there the whole time the entire floor was a fucking battlefield! i hope they come back to canada soon

14. SimpleMan

SimpleMan Member

I used to be a big Slayer Fan...but I kinda got out of it when I started to live for God...its hard to be fan of both God and Slayer when one disrespects him on a regular basis...but I know for a fact they're not a white suppremeist group. Jeff Hanneman has an extensive collection of German war memorabillia....and they did write a song Angel of Death...bout Joesf Megel one of the death camp doctor/scientist.

15. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Slayer, as far as I am aware, have no ties with white power. Tom Araya and Dave Lombardo are both of South American heritage.

I don't like Slayer at all. The entire genre of thrash metal sounds rather bland to me compared to black and doom metal. I need atmosphere (not necessarily created by means of a keyboard), and I have problems hearing that in most thrash songs. Maybe seeing them live would be nice (as concerts often do have great atmosphere) but I don't like them enough to listen to them at home.

My favourite thrash metal band if I'd have to name one must be Kreator.

16. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Hm... I agree with you on this part. I may not like them myself, but I think they make high quality music, at least they do make music that entertains a lot of different people on this Earth.

17. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I love metal. Slayer is trash, lyricless, powerchord abusing shite.

If you want good metal listen to pre-93 Metallica, Bruce Dickinson, Liquid Tension Experiment, Dream Theatre, Death, Sepultura, Pantera, Ac/Dc, and many others.

18. Mui

Mui Senior Member

haha ac/dc...
    lmao..

old slayer = good... new slayer = shit.

and that's a proven fact..

teh only truly good metal is metalcore or black metal

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Ac/Dc have some of the best solos in metal history.

20. Mui

Mui Senior Member

you've gotta be jokin' me.

ac/dc songs all sound the same and they are easy as my mom