slapping kids

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Voyage, Oct 2, 2013.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Yes asmodean, pretty much any parent would. You know im not a fan of the saying "an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" but it kind of fits in this situation. Are you sure if the mother slapped the guy(first off an adult getting slapped dosnt equal a kid getting slapped by an adult...but anyway) that he wouldnt slap her for being hit? He already proved he is no gentleman so clearly to me he would hit the women. Then the babies father would have to get involved.....ok you all get the point, then you have a hatfields and mcoys like situation just because some guy had a bad day and slapping people is allowed.

Edit: Odon if i knew you were going to pretty much say most of what i was thinking i would have went on to the next thread.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I also agree it is up to the parents ;) But then I still have my decision on the matter :p

That's highly hypothetical :D

3. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Thank you again good sir Asmo, but to clear something up, I am a he. At least I was the last time I checked :0

Odon, I think the whole thing should have ended between the parents and The Child Beating Heathen. Not reporting something to the authorities doesn't mean he gets a free pass, you confront him and work things out.. show at least a little bit of humility. If things had been talked about at the time, situations and points of view explained(someone said earlier in the thread that unplugging your kid is gonna take you somewhere dark, and we don't even know what the kid was doing to the guy anyway..), they could have apologised, kissed and made up. Shit, the kid might have even been able to get a chocolate bar out of the whole situation... if it was handled like Adults.
    I'm only a little pipsqueak myself so take this comment with a pinch of salt, but I feel a lot of people in the world grow old, but never actually grow up. This whole ordeal being a prime example.

4. Asmodean

Oh damn, my bad :sultan: You only have to point that out one time I promise :2thumbsup:

5. MeatyMushroom

Lol, I like to point it anywhere I can :D

6. Asmodean

Hope you don't slap a kid with it.

7. MeatyMushroom

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

its hypothetical sure, but from life experience i wouldnt say its highly hypothetical. the only other outcomes are the smaller person fears for their safety so they take the beating and cower back to their seat. a full on brawl develops. or in your scenario the guy hits the kid the guy gets hit and everyone sits on the plane for 4 hours then goes about there day as if nothing happened. i dont know that last one is the one that seems highly hypothetical to me.

9. Asmodean

Call me naive but I thought slapping a strangers kid for whatever reason is out of the question anyway. Now, I'm sure someone with a bad day or impulsive reflexes could make this mistake but it would take a whole bunch of losers on a plane to let it come to a massive brawl or an all passive and accepting crowd. All that it could take is one reasonable person from the crowd point out it was an obvious nono or a well aimed hit on the chin, or both.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

im not going to call you naive for one hypothetical post...

11. Asmodean

Well it wasn't so much an invite as a figure of speech anyway :D :biggrin:

12. odonII

odonII O

MeatyMushroom

I'm not removing the idea of 'settling it like adults'. I'm just not sure if that is possible. Say they didn't 'settle it like adults'. Say they settled it like the mafia (ok, a little extreme). Lets just say they didn't settle it like adults, and all were not reasonable and empathetic. Everybody didn't accept the mitigating circumstance, and life didn't go on. Who needs these misdemeanor laws anyway? What could possibly go wrong?

:p Obviously. I completely respect your right for your own opinion on this matter.

:biggrin:

13. MeatyMushroom

Ok, I get what you're saying.. but if a policeman used his gun on every stoner in the park... I'd be very dead, and so would most of the world.
    Same with these laws.. they're there for a reason, but not every little whimper.. otherwise most kids in the world wouldn't have any parents left.. the court should have at least said "Piss off you whining pair of idiots, do you know how much paperwork this is going to involve? Think of how much of the taxpayers money I'm going to be wasting on this pathetically ridiculous incident. You're all twats, and your kid probably deserved that slap, now fuck off."

14. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

and so, what, you just sit around till someone entertains you? you could bring some kid slappage yourself.

just saying. look, it's easy peasy.

[​IMG]

15. odonII

odonII O

Alternatively, he could say: 'Guilty'. And take approx 10 minutes to do so. Slap the chap on the wrists. Send everybody home. If this is dragged out for weeks upon weeks, then I'd go along with it being a waste of time and money.
    If the Judge takes as long as it took both of us to determine what our quite different thoughts were on the matter - then I believe the system has done it's job efficiently - which ever way it falls.

16. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

17. MeatyMushroom

My version if the Judge's verdict is way more fun though

18. odonII

odonII O

It would be funny to see the judge being taken away for drunken disorderly behaviour ;)

19. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

zactly, not sure what there is to discuss. if he did it he should be slapped back in some fashion.

one just doesn't go around striking other peoples kids. all the other periphreal issues are moot.