slapping kids

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Voyage, Oct 2, 2013.

1. odonII

odonII O

Well, on long or even, for that matter, short haul flights - children should be in the cargo hold, anyway...raise them to keep themselves occupied while in dark spaces, I say.

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ahh hell, let's strap 'em to the wings. That'll teach the little fuckers!! (smilie here)

3. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Totally Agree!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    the last time I tried to intervene at a supermarket- - I politely told the mother to chill out, the kid was just being a kid and maybe she shouldnt be smacking him like that , certainly not in a public place- - Of course she let loose a litany of profanity & told me to mind my own business - - - wadda scene - -

4. odonII

odonII O

Wouldn't that slow the plane down - lengthening the flight for the adults?
    I know, more booze time, but still...

5. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

[​IMG]

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

stupid guy

at 19 months duct tape works a lot better...slapping just makes them cry more

7. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

Very true BBAD. Having a drink yourself can also help you ignore them or all of a sudden whatever annoying thing they're doing is all of a sudden funny.

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Very disappointed in this thread. I thought we were to see kids being slapped.

9. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I hate being stuck next to a young child on a long haul flight.

Can't say I've slapped one yet, but have wished many a time they would STFU.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Or maybe give the kids a few drinks. I bet they stop crying and probly even take a nap and stop bugging us.

11. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Haha that's just funny... what's up with you yanks and the court room? :p

"You spilled my orange juice! I'm calling my lawyer!"

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I would hardly compare slapping a toddler to spilling some oj

13. MeatyMushroom

I would hardly call slapping a toddler a good enough excuse to charge someone. If you're really that pissed off, slap the fucker back and forget about it.. but nooo, you gotta go and give him a criminal record and fuck his whole life up.

The kid will have forgotten about this incident within 2 weeks at the most.. it would be a different matter if the guy broke it's legs and sodomised it. Mountains out of molehills.

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I wish i knew all the people that thought like you so i knew who i could punch in the face without having to worry about the cops busting down my door.

15. MeatyMushroom

LOL, but why dude? I don't agree with it slapping someone elses kids, but it's just blown completely out of proportion! This doesn't make anything any better.. at all... whatsoever....

16. odonII

odonII O

MeatyMushroom

I won't pull out: 'Yeah, but what if it was your child' .... but obviously the parent(s) are not going to be too happy if this person is given a free pass to hit children. I don't think he should get prison time, but he shouldn't just get away with it. It's about not legitimising assault - especially the assault of a defenseless child.
    What next? It's ok to slap your husband around if he forgets it's his turn to do the shopping?

Boundaries / Lines crossed

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I would have repped Meatymushroom but it won't let me at this point :p She's not saying anything similar to 'giving them a free pass to hit kids' at all... It's about solving this right on the spot as 2 adults instead of resorting to this ridicilous habit of sueing eachother right away and I couldn't agree more! Well I wouldn't say slapping the dude back yourself would be the supreme adult response :D but it would be just as constructive in this case I bet.

18. odonII

odonII O

He's being charged with 'misdemeanor simple assault' - I'm not sure the parent(s) are suing him. I'm not sure if the parent(s) could have said: 'Don't press charges, It's ok' or once the 'assault' has happened it's kinda out of their hands. What I meant by 'free pass' was that boundaries need to be there. If we are saying it's ok if you have had a bad day it's ok to be able to slap a child/baby - where do you draw the line?

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I draw the line when somebody would hit my kid but not by pressing charges but by confronting him. Details would depend on the actual situation and reaction. I'd probably hit the guy sooner than letting it being handled in court.

20. odonII

odonII O

He hits your child. You hit him back. He hits you back. Bystander hits the pair of you for pissing him off. Flight gets canceled. Holiday ruined :p I get where you are coming from - but for me it is A. up to to the parents. B. If it is an automatic process outside of the parent(s) - then there should be a mechanism to allow the parents to say: 'Hold on a minute'.
    The fact is, he assaulted somebody - so perhaps a fine or something.

I'm not sure a 'misdemeanor simple assault' is going to ruin his entire life - it's not a felony.