Size of a Gram?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Blind_Melon_Chitlin', Oct 12, 2005.

1. Blind_Melon_Chitlin'

Blind_Melon_Chitlin' Member

Can anyone either post a pic of how big a gram of broken up weed is or tell me many how many pinches between the thumb and forefinger of broken up weed would make a gram? I dont have a scale and am getting a little more than a dime bag for this Friday, I dont have school and nobody is going to be home but me. I want to have a good idea of what a gram is so I can hopefully smoke a little then save 3/4 of a gram to an entire gram for a cookie.

2. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

You know those little pill bags? I think they equate to 1 gram or near it, Whenever I buy a gram, the bag is usually packed so I would guess around 1 1/4" * 1 3/8"

3. AcousticPeace

AcousticPeace Member

a gram is like four bowl packs

4. nudeinthesand

nudeinthesand Member

but i wouldn't feel so alone'everybody must get stoned......

5. Blind_Melon_Chitlin'

I dont have a peice so that doesnt help.

6. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

I'd take a picture for you but my phones messed up.

7. Blind_Melon_Chitlin'

Could you tell me how many thumb-forefinger pinches of broken up weed a gram is?

8. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

you know those small square dime baggys? One of those mostly full.

9. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

10. Blind_Melon_Chitlin'

^Thats exactly what I had in mind, thanks.

11. Loveee

Loveee Member

Heres a pic of a fat gram abouts [​IMG]

12. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

no problem, I forgot I even had that bag;)

13. ssj3gotenks

ssj3gotenks Member

first of all, to magicmushrooms, i don't mean to sound mean but that weed looks awful. atleast when compared to the stuff in the ATL area. I swear i can see now why people across the country tell me that paying $320 for an oz is getting way ripped off because i find out that that is the kind of weed they have when the stuff i get looks a million times better. That mj looks very leafy. But they tell me that they get an oz for $60 and i find out how nasty it is.

second, to the original poster, BUY A DIGITAL SCALE. assuming the amount of mj by just what it looks like is sooo foolish. For one, all mj has different densities and two your dealers could scam you buy adding water to it. I can buy a digital scale at a headshop for $20 but most places have them as low as $25. They are totally accurate and round to the tenths place (ex: 3.5)

and lastly, don't try to please your dealers. If they show you mj that you know is not the quality your trying to get and they tell you it is, don't feel bad if they get mad at you. It's you who should be getting mad at them for trying to scam you.

I guess the reason why i'm saying these three peices of advice is because i don't want ANYONE on this site to have to go through the s*** i went through in my teen years of being taken advantage of. Now, i'm careful and i have a few friends who i smoke weed with and buy from. One of them use to scam the s*** out of me until i confronted him on it and ever since he's been legit. The others have never scammed me.

14. Blind_Melon_Chitlin'

Theres no need for me to buy one, I only buy maybe a dime a month or less. I'm asking this so I have something as a reference because I'm making a cookie this Friday and I need to put half a gram to a gram in it. MagicMushrooms' photo showing a gram compared to a quarter was exactly what I was looking for.

15. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

Yea, thats a bad picture, it realy isn't bad though. Theres about 6 or 7 solid nugz in there but I think I smooshed them when I put them in the scanner, Weed also tends to break apart if you carry it around a lot making it appear leafy.

16. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

youve been smoking long enough to know how much a gram is man.. or is this the first time (or one ofthe first) youve bought weed?

17. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

that first pic is not a gram, that was way to sparse, i'd say that was a .7 dime at most. and you can't measure grams in bowl fulls because everyones bowl size is gonna be different.

18. jakesanders

jakesanders Senior Member

^true. my bowl is way smaller than most.

19. nesta

nesta Banned

a gram can be a lot or a little, it ENTIRELY depends on how dry the weed is and whether or not it's been compacted. a gram of nugs is going to be a lot different than a gram of mids or shwag. also, a gram or less for a cookie wont do anything by itself. you need more than that.

20. nesta

nesta Banned

well if you want to get technical about it, a gram is a measurement of mass rather than weight. mass refers to how much of something there is, weight refers to how strong an effect gravity has on that matter. weight can even change with altitude, but mass stays the same. no scale will ever have real accuracy measuring mass, because the basic design of ANY scale, digital or not, measure's weight rather than mass. a scale that shows measurements of mass are actually giving you a rough approximation of mass rather than an accurate measurement. if you really want accuracy, get yourself a balance, not a scale. balances will work the same no matter where on earth (or in space) you are, so long as gravity is present and effective.