Situation with a friend

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Roach, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Joshua Roach

Joshua Roach JMichaelR148

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

sorry, the friend zone does suck but if you read your post you will see how you got there.

Deidre likes this.
  3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Sounds like she used you. Setting your alarm for someone you’ve ever met and aren’t dating? That’s thoughtful but way too much of your time given to someone who doesn’t see you in the same way. My advice is to cut off contact, block her and move on because you’re just the guy she’ll keep using when her bf treats her bad again.

But also note, she doesn’t really owe you anything and it seems like you think she does because you have feelings for her. I would suggest to not to make someone a priority when they just see you as an option. If that, even. Sorry you find yourself here but that’s my advice. : )

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  4. You just seem like you're too nice of a guy. It takes a special lady to like a nice guy and treat him right. I say get over her and not worry too much about it.

5. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

It sounds like you really cared for her and that she was a big part of your life, and that you were very hurt that she was connecting with her ex again. I'm also getting the sense that now that you've terminated your relationship with her, you aren't quite sure what to do with yourself..

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

dude...….you learned a lesson.....this is all on you....in your head this was bigger than it actually was?

take the alarm comment....you set your alarm?...so what?....that is not something that you should be adding into some imaginary points column ….

and the multi[ple calls and facebook reading her status constantly?...that is called stalking....you very likely creeped her out and creeped yourself right into the used pile....

sorry brother....good luck with next one….delete face-book and your life will get better the very next day....I promise....also...toss the Nintendo...grow up some :)

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

rollingalong likes this.
  8. Ashalicious

I think he lost himself in this woman. It happens. It's called "Fleeing". Fleeing is when someone becomes hyper focused on another person to avoid thinking about their own life.

shylass365 and rollingalong like this.
  9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

yes...I agree..and I understand how easy this happens because ive been there...granted with more success but in the end the same thing....goodbye sailor :)

Ashalicious and shylass365 like this.
  10. Ashalicious

Seeking professional help is easier said than done, unfortunately. I don't know what the going rate is where you are from, but in Canada it costs $120 per 55 minutes to see a counsellor.

The least we can do here is be kind and try and empathize.

Lord knows I've been in his shoes before.

11. Ashalicious

It once took me years to realize an internet relationship was very toxic.

rollingalong likes this.
  12. Ashalicious

I have benefits through school that pay for 80% of my counselling up to $500.00 and I also have access to free counseling at school, though that has been harder to acquire.

I love counseling. I honestly think the world would be a better place if everyone had access to their own counsellor.

rollingalong likes this.
  13. Ashalicious

Why? I already see a counsellor that I like very much. I've been seeing her for the past year. And my school doesn't need a letter. I'm already on a list and I've done the intake.

Thanks, though.

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I agree...if you want to discuss this further we can skype before school tomorrow?...I will set my alarm :)...add me on facebook too.....

:)

Ashalicious likes this.
  15. Why does everyone on here always say someone needs professional help every time something dumb happens in their life? All this is is a lovely gentleman who was interested in a lady and got thwarted. He's not, therefore, automatically the worst person in the world.

You just make fun of people. I assumed she was expressing some interest, too. They were talking, and the dude went out of his way to be there for her and he liked her. Is it that big of a deal that he read her status updates and set his alarm to talk to her? No, it isn't. But he's nice, so let's pick on him.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's ok, you just need to call 1-800-222-1222.

17. Joseph Mack

Joseph Mack Joseph Mack

You guys seem like a bunch of fucking idiots. Professional help does fuck all. Just because somebody does it for their job doesn't mean they are a genie dedicated to helping people feel instantly better about themselves. The key thing that people need is someone to support them. Not you idiots going to the easy route of saying "get help from a doctor" like someone hasn't heard that before. Friendship is what helps people. Not a shitty doctor who only cares about putting a fucking burger in his gut.

Attached Files:

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Bet you didnt tell her you set the alarm for 3:30am just for her, tried to act cool, aw no worries, I was up anyway, thats if she could do timezone math.

Then you get pissy that didnt get 'appreciated' And I am going to assume appreciated only by means of flying to the other side of the world and her sitting on your penis.

Welcome to Hip forums BTW ;)

Meliai likes this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well that went well.

20. Joseph Mack

Joseph Mack Joseph Mack

Just because he is nice to someone who happens to be a woman doesn't mean he is obsessed with sex. Maybe, just maybe, some men still have respect for women. Ever think of that, asshole?

Ashalicious likes this.