sites at fests

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by jackerouac, May 13, 2004.

1. jackerouac

jackerouac Member

staples for festival campsites.........???

2. jackerouac

jackerouac Member

umm i forgot mine...

incense....nag champa
    table torch .....this clay torch thingy i got at some place
    candles............citronnels
    rug or mad comfy blanket
    shade
    shade
    shade
    .................and good vibes!

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

One of those sterno things....without them, you'll die, and grilled cheese and fried rice never tasted so good! Also, you can cook fajitas and stuff and sell them to the people that didn't bring anything but don't want to pay five bucks for a hot dog.

Also, bring those body shower wipe things. They're like huge baby wipes, but they're great if you can't take a shower. And baby powder. If your hair gets gross and greasy, you can just sprinkle a little at the roots and it looks clean. :)

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

These are the champions of camping. I get most of my stuff through Coleman....REI if I cash in at Christmas. I can't usually afford them. :) I got the best little flashlight from Coleman! Always have a good flashlight. Mine is halogen or something and it's small, like about eh size of a pencil, but super bright. I love it.
    Coleman:
    http://www.coleman.com/coleman/home.asp

REI:
    http://www.rei.com/index.jsp?stat=header_rei

5. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Marshmellowsssssss I have to have marshmellowzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

6. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

even if you think itll be hot the whole time, take at least a hoodie....it very well may get pretty cold....ive done mountain camping in the appalachians, and its been a good 80-90 during the day...but at night got damn cold in the 40's

7. sonik

sonik Member

Personal preference

Tent
    Sleeping Bag
    Gorp (trail mix)
    Matches/Lighter
    Appropriate Clothing

Thats about all the essentials for me. Granted I always bring a lot more stuff!

8. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

Well, besides all the "essential" stuff like food, tent, stove, etc., I like to bring tapestries to hang up by our site to personalize it a bit. Incense... just stick it in the ground. I also like luminaras... fill a paper bag with sand and roll it down about 1/2way. Stick a candle in the sand and light it... there, now you have a lantern, and they look so pretty lined up on a pathway!

9. Cornball1

Cornball1 Member

An empty coffee can makes a great inexpensive pot to cook in. Just remember a few pairs of pliars to lift it up with. Also some sort of glass lid to cover it with. Just set it down proped up on some rocks right above the coals. Cheap and efficient!

10. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Cornball...that's a good idea. I like that. I haven't camped out at any festivals...sounds fun. I might have to go find a cool little festival and go camp out there. :D I never heard of putting baby powder in your hair...what's it do? Suck up the greasyness or what?