Sins of a Solar Empire

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by polecat, Feb 16, 2009.

1. polecat

polecat Weerd

I started playing last night. It's pretty cool.

Anyone else played it?

2. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

I've actually never even heard of it. Is it like an MMORPG?

3. polecat

polecat Weerd

nope, it's one of those massively indepth strategy games that only appeal to a small percentage of people. It's sort of like civilization, if you've ever played that.

4. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Nope, I've never played it, though I've wanted to for a while.

I would maybe look into playing one of these games except that I broke my gaming-habits a while ago, and am trying to stay 'clean'.

5. polecat

polecat Weerd

yeah, it's not a "light" game. I played for about 6 hours straight today. Fucking won though. Vasari alien scum thought they could make a grab for the outer planets without building a fleet. Morons.

6. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Yeah. A Lot of that stuff is. I've went through a big Counter-Strike: Source addiction. A Halo addiction. A CoD addiction. A WoW addiction. And a Silkroad addiction.

Been there done that.

7. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

I've played it some but I couldn't really get into it. I could never really balance the expansion with my ability to defend my territory. You could be miles ahead of the AI but he'll turn up with a medium sized fleet and knacker half your systems before you can mobilize a half decent fleet. Well in my experience anyway, i kind of gave up and played warcraft 3 instead.