Sinclair broadcasting orders local TV stations to read prepared script.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by MeAgain, Apr 2, 2018.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Local anchors were told to read a message

Sinclair owns 173 U.S. TV stations.
    Sinclair is getting a sweet heart deal from Trump to buy 42 more stations giving it 72% of the U.S. market.
    My son worked as an engineer for a local TV network (CBS) that was bought out by Sinclair. It went down hill fast. He warned us about their policies about four years ago.Eventually he quit.

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Best not to watch too much of the news these days. The evidence is clear. Journalism has died, propaganda has won.

GeorgeJetStoned and scratcho like this.
  3. Kerri

Kerri Members

This is a huge problem. If you're worried about defending yourself against an over-reaching government this is where your fears should be directed. Their won't be any direct confrontation, your rights will be lost when the government controls the press and its impossible for regular citizens to know the truth

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

While everyone is busy arguing about the 2nd amendment the first amendment is being flushed down the toilet

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They had that Boris guy here for a while, but he didn't go over well here in Eugene-Springfield and they stopped showing him. Many calls and letters to the newspaper--he was gone. I called and complained and told them that I would continue to watch their channel if they put BOTH sides on.

stormountainman likes this.
  6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Trump is working very hard for the K brothers and The Mercers and Big Daddy Sheldon. He'll tell Putin all about it in the Lincoln Bedroom

scratcho likes this.
  7. stormountainman

This is exactly the model Saddam Hussain was using when he was trying to be like Joseph Stalin.

scratcho and Kerri like this.
  8. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

People should violently protest at Sinclair headquarters:
    Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
    10706 Beaver Dam Road
    Hunt Valley, Maryland 21030

scratcho likes this.
  9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, the repubs seem to be getting it done. Getting closer and closer to all right-wing radio and TV 24-7-365. Blump lovers don't see any danger in allowing Blump-speak to dominate the airwaves. I could never have imagined millions and millions would so adore such an unbalanced lousy human. At the same time Blump-suckers and Ruskies just continue to distort and lie about other media. It just gets worse and worse and will eventually be the WORST. Those of you that admire empathy, understanding, civility and continuity as I do-----will have to wait until this whole batch of "thinkers"from the 50s are thrown out. Which we can hope will come sooner rather than later. That is , if we wish to have a country that used be admired for our freedom and the aforementioned qualities

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Reminds me of the dictators who had pumped in loud speaker messages all day and night about how great they were to brainwash everyone.......chinese water torture.......I guess Fox news will survive all of this.

Facism, here we are.

stormountainman, MeAgain and scratcho like this.
  11. stormountainman

They have leave it to Beaver syndrome!

12. stormountainman

Now we know why Trumpy said he loves the low education voter.

Moonglow181 and scratcho like this.
  13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Look at Oklahoma it is the heart of Trump country. Schools is 4 days a weeks and drastically underfunded. Teachers had to walk out to get a small pay raise. It is never the priority of the Repunlcian congress to pay them because the money needs to go to trickle down economics.

Same thing happens in my sister's district. They love guns and Trump. There is a 4 day week and no one even comes to her class because there is farm work and she was called a "liberal liar" for saying America lost the Vietnam war. Kids in the class repeated it at the dinner table and several parents tried to get the principal to fire her. All because she told them facts. America has lost a war. She has a Bachelors degree in history and currently getting a Masters. If you don't believe her who do you believe? Will any of her students even want to go to college?

It's no wonder Americans accept the lies they do now. There are stupid people on both sides but only Republicans have been so proud of ignorance and so hateful to facts. College is where liberals go not real Americans according to them.

14. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

For your sister to say that Americans lost the Vietnam war is a vague statement. Her degrees don’t make her a history major. I am sure she is smart but that statement is not the full story. There was a peace accord held in Paris I believe and it was signed in 73 and Americans pulled out in 73. The war continued on for another 2 years or more.

What your sister did is like being in China, you know what they call the tianimen square massacre? They call it an incident and tell the public that no one was killed.

15. MeAgain

The attack on intellectuals and critical thinking.

Critical thinking demands that you question your own beliefs.......in Trump world belief is everything, facts don't matter.

Totalitarian governments attack critical thinking as it gets in the way of their agendas.
    I still remember the Nuns at the Catholic summer school I attended back in the '50s telling us not to go to college as it would undermine our beliefs.

16. stormountainman

Republicans and in particular NRA members are always proud that in Trump country school does not start until deer season is over at Christmas time.

Moonglow181 likes this.
  17. stormountainman

The White Christian Republican Americans say that Saddam had WMDs and no Iraqi civilians were killed by American bombing that went on from 1991 until just a few days ago. These same Americans say there was no war against Panama, El Salvador, Niger, and Djibouti were a US Marine jet crashed yesterday.

18. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The loudest clown in town,
    Has figured out how to amplify his voice,
    While democrats and republicans are speechless,
    To think that they didn't think of it first themselves!​

19. MeAgain

Unfocused made a general statement about his sister.
    A Bachelor of Arts in History would make her a de facto history major. A masters degree may or may not be in history, mine is a Masters in Education which focus on professional practices such as teaching and learning without defining a specific area.

We don't really know what she said or what her lesson plans were in regard to the Vietnam War, or even if it was just an off hand remark.
    She was talking to high school students, not history majors, instruction is always tailored to the age group and mental capacities of the group you are instructing.
    She is correct, we lost the Vietnam War. The Vietnam War was fought to stop the take over of South Vietnam by North Vietnam, the reunification of Vietnam. We failed to stop the reunification...we lost.
    The Paris Peace Accord was a disaster. The talks were held in secret and South Vietnam didn't support the Accord at all. Reunification of Vietnam was to be a peaceful step by step process "through genuinely free and democratic general elections under international supervision" and the U.S. was to continue to support the South with military aid and bombings. Neither happened as we abandoned offensive actions on January 15, 1973 . North Vietnam then violated the Accord.

Support for the war at home was gone and our military was in shambles with high rates of desertion, low moral, and fragging of officers.
    On April 30th the last U.S. Marines were surrounded and evacuated by helicopter leaving civilians to their fate.
    At 11:30 AM local time South Vietnam President President Dương Văn Minh surrendered.

The evacuation was so chaotic that helicopters were pushed overboard on aircraft carriers because there was no time to get them out of the way of other incoming evacuation helicopters.

If that isn't loosing I don't know what is.

20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Actually her degrees do make her a "major" in a subject. Did you go to college? What is the filed you study known as?

It's common for the LOOSING army to sign agreements with the winning one. Not sure how you can twist Vietnam into an American victory. It was deeply unpopular and despite America's military power they could not fight in the jungle as well as the locals. You are an example of Trump ignorance.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    stormountainman and Kerri like this.