Simple Stress Free Lifestyle

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by ssfls, Sep 12, 2010.

1. ssfls

ssfls Member

Hey Brother Kenny,

Thanks for the post, and yeah, I am way to busy with a lot of different things right now. I am back in IN driving that ole truck again. Not real happy about a lot of things, but ole well. Gotta do what ya gotta do to get to where ya want to be.

During my time here, I did cook up some poor boy "Surf N Turf" special. Thought I would give you a gander to temp your taste buds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, that is Steak, Onions and Scallops. That was a really good combination, and I just can't wait to do it all over again.

I do have pics of my trip from AZ to IN, but I am still working them up, and I will post them when I get them all worked. However, looks like it may be a while.

Keep on living the dream, and I will be back out there as soon as I can!

2. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

Looks good man......

3. just me and the dog

just me and the dog Member

Hi SSFLS ,

Im an ex 5th wheeler here in the u.k.

Im planning on doing the same thing as you here in the u.k

My Van isnt as big as yours ,ive got a Vauxhall Combo T.D.I.,,have fully insulated it etc ,, 55 m.p.g. ,, {tried and tested},,

I wish you great days ahead my friend ,,,:2thumbsup:

4. ssfls

ssfls Member

Hello just me and the dog,

Thanks for stopping by the Hip Forums and my thread. I am glad to hear that you have done this before, and are doing it again. Wow!!! 55 MPG!?!?! That is awesome. I have no idea what this ride looks like that you are speaking of. Gotta picture for all the readers here?

Good luck with all your travels, and I do hope to hear from you about your travels in the UK. I would love to see some pics of that area, and I am betting that many other people here would love to see those pics as well.

Brother, take care and be safe while living this incredible, enjoyable lifestyle.

5. Ankhesenamun

Ankhesenamun Member

Good morning/ Stress free life???:2thumbsup: I found it... i moved down south.. sun sea and super folks...:sunny:.yeahhh now? no stress.. just a smile all day

6. just me and the dog

just me and the dog Member

Yes Bro ill try and put some pics up soon ,:2thumbsup:

7. ssfls

ssfls Member

Good Day to you as well. Glad to hear that you are south, and smiling in the sun living stress free. Is that Hastings, NE?

Anyway, welcome to the threads. We are all glad that you are here, smiling and living Stress Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

Yo Bernie.. Whats up brother? You tearing up the asphalt ???

9. ssfls

ssfls Member

Hey ya all, I know it has been a while, but I have just been over worked and under enjoyed! I have finally updated my blog a bit, and even made my very first video. I kept forgetting that my little camera has a video option, so I thought I would figure it out and made a short trial video of what it is like driving a truck around in a rough ole dust bowl.

[​IMG]

Not sure how to get it to insert here, but you can find the link at my blog.

I have also added a 4 drawer cabinet thing a ma bob to the interior to make more room. For $65.00, I think it is on OK investment for now, and I do hope that it will last me a while.

Before the addition.

[​IMG]

After the addition.

[​IMG]

Get the whole story at the blog, and while you are there, you can check out the "Taste Of Beardstown" taste test extravaganza. This brother was cooking up some awesome BBQ!

[​IMG]

10. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

sound like you have had some good times me and a friend are about to embark on our maiden voyage, when in winter are you looking to leave cuz we would love to have you along just to hear some stories hit me up ywarpeace@yahoo.com
    peace and happiness bro

11. ssfls

ssfls Member

Hey Brother ywarpeace,

Great hearing from you. Looks like I am going to be stuck in IN this winter the way things are going. May even buy a small partial of land to camp and live off of. Perhaps build me a small cabin and make it a home base that way I can still move around rather light, and keep a few things that I want back in the little cabin in the woods. Who knows, perhaps I will even take up fishing and hunting to keep active and keep my cost of living down.

Where are you located now? AZ & NM are great states for winter living. Plenty of free places to hang out and enjoy the "Simple Stress Free Lifestyle". Plenty of sunshine to keep those batteries charged with a solar panel or two as well.

Keep living the dream!

Bernie

12. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

I agree with brother Bernie. The SW is where it's at for vandwelling in the winter. Then just migrate North in the summer. What's not to love?

13. ssfls

ssfls Member

If you are on a budget, the Williams/Flagstaff area is perfect weather for me during the summer months. Don't need an A/C, and the nights still get plenty cool to sleep really well at night.

There is an Any Time Fitness in Flagstaff just around the corner from Walmart. Plenty of back country free parking in the area to enjoy nature, as well as plenty of peace and quiet. Normally, no open fires are permitted, but as long as you have a BBQ Grill, you are in luck!

Williams always has something going on during the summer, and it is only about 25 miles west of Flagstaff. I normally sleep there in the gravel lot at Mc D's. However, there is plenty of other options.

Flagstaff is not so friendly with over night sleep overs. I have done it with out an issue, but I was not at Walmart, which is where the cops seem to want to hang out pester the "Mobile Man" looking for some shut eye.

The Pilot Truck Stop is 10 miles west of Flagstaff, so if you are going through, make sure you go in and get some free ice! Free Ice at all Pilots, and about all Flying J Truck Stops, as long as you take in your own cup. So, make sure it is a big one, and if like me, I take several to keep the cooler iced down really well.

Also, any time I go into a restaurant, and they have self serve drinks, I always get a tub of ice for the cooler on the way out. I have never had any one say a word to me, even if I did not make a purchase. However, I normally can't go in and not make a purchase, and use the free Wi-Fi.

This message is coming to you from Quincy, IL. I am at Hardees using their free Wi-Fi, and as you can see, it works perfect!

Keep living the dream!

Bernie

14. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Well if u make it back to Williams, then I am only an hour away....South Rim of the Grand Canyon. But I am leaving AZ
    at the end of March 2012.

15. ssfls

ssfls Member

Hello squawkers7,

Thanks, I will let you know if I do make it back that way before March. It is not looking good at the moment, but you just never know.

When you leave, where are you headed? I am back in IN at the moment. Looks like I am going to have to bear the really cold winter this year. Not looking forward to that much.

Be safe out there, and enjoy your travels!

Bernie

16. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I am going to Anchorage, Alaska....so I will get an extended Winter

17. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

I could tell you, but blurting that out...in this thread...is inappropriate

just like asking your question in this thread is also inappropriate...

there is a faq for noobs...read some :D if you ask in the "introduce yourself" section, you'll prolly get 20 replies of help :)

please try to keep your posts relevant

18. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

so much wasted fuel? why not travel less? stay in the warm sections?

19. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Maybe cuz it gets to damn hot in the SW during the Summer and to cold (for some people) up North in the Winter.

20. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

What's inappropriate is telling the creator of this blog what he can or cannot ask. Mind your manners boy