Simple living / Self sufficiency links and lists

Discussion in 'Consumer Advocacy' started by drumminmama, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

What other tools did you want to know how to sharpen?

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Tools was a general thought for the thread, really. I sort of manage on shovels and spades.

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Now that we have this showing at the top, readers, lurkers, etc, please add what you know, what you want to know, and all that jazz.

4. Bilby

Do you own an angle grinder? As well as sharpening garden tools, they have all sorts of uses. Do you own any serrated knives that need sharpening?

5. Bilby

I don't have Readers Digest books except when it comes to DIY books and they are quite good , with an emphasis on improvisation. Unlike some other books they do not assume you have an unlimited budget.

In my local library, there is a Paul Hamlyn woodworking book. It has a large book with many arty photographs but little in the way of useful and helpful information. A typical coffee table book.It had its price knocked down from $60 to $20. Probably bought from a traveling salesman. Compare this is with the Encyclopedia of Woodworking Techniques.published by Simon & Schuster It has smaller and fewer pages, but with far more useful information.

6. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

THEY HAVE ALL THE CLOUT