Sigh

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by schatzi, May 13, 2004.

1. schatzi

schatzi Member

My boyfriend of 5 years broke up with me a few weeks ago. Does anyone know for how long it's going to hurt?

2. sonador_hermosa

sonador_hermosa Member

awww, i'm so sorry to hear that you are hurting...it is so hard to tell how long it's going to hurt after you have lost something like this. in fact, it may always hurt a little bit...you will eventually move on and get on with your life, but it may always be in the back of your mind somewhere, and that's just the cross we bear as human beings; when we lose love, it hurts and it stays with us in at least some small way. that doesn't mean that it will ruin your life or make you depressed forever. it will take time, but you will move on. all you can do for now is live your life. hang out with your friends or make some new ones, pursue interests or hobbies you have, do volunteer work, even go back to school. do something to better yourself and treat yourself to good things...like new clothes, a haircut, a massage, etc...no matter how hard it is, just be good to yourself and try to have fun and every day will get a little less hard until one day you wake up and realize that the pain is so minimal you could almost say it's completely gone :) best of luck to you, hun. i hope you're doing ok. keep us posted.

3. schatzi

schatzi Member

thank you so much for writing back, it means a lot to me, especially now.

4. kier

kier I R Baboon

awww, the pain will go, i'm really sorry for you though. do take care, and try to keep busy...don't let yourself think about it too much, though i know its hard and your very upset

5. Tsubasa

Tsubasa Member

Get out and keep busy. Do anything and everything that will make you happy, and just keep up a regular routine. Keep getting up in the morning, if you don't run, maybe start. Exercise, I find, is a fantastic way to cleanse your body and mind. If you take care of yourself your heart will follow and heal faster :) I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and Love,
    Tsubasa

6. schatzi

schatzi Member

Thanks everyone so much for replying. It's good to know that someone cares!

I'm working a lot more now and trying to keep myself busy, but it's still hard to be alone like this, after 5 years of constantly being with someone. I guess it's like they say, you don't die of a broken heart, you only wish you did.

~C

7. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

My boyfriend of 1 year and I just ended it. It's so weird that the phone isn't ringing....and I'm not seeing him all the time....but I don't really feel so crushed. It's just something else I have to get used to....like I did when I had to learn how to put up with some dumbass that calls all the time and never leaves.... hehe...:)

8. schatzi

schatzi Member

Well, the week before he broke up with me he'd been acting really weird. I talked to my friends about it and they said that he's definately going to propose. What else would make him act so weird. Anyway, the night he broke up with me I thought he was going to propose, and he kinda did the exact opposite. It sorta makes everything hurt a little more.

~C

9. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Yikes....that really sucks...maybe he was going to, but got freaked out and did the opposite...you never know what guys are thinking. They don't, either.

10. schatzi

schatzi Member

lol, that makes me feel a little better, believe it or not.

11. Nistix

Nistix Member

Hi,

It will hurt... I have never been in as long a relationship as you so I can only vaguely imagine what it is like for you.
    The best thing you can do is to not go cold Turkey on anything that is bad for you and start leading a really healthy lifestyle. Try and develop you interests and put alot of energy into them. Being single is actually really good fun! Its good that you feel better after reading people's replies!
    Good luck!

12. schatzi

schatzi Member

thanks again everyone!