shwag seeds

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Jezmund, May 22, 2004.

1. Jezmund

Jezmund Member

I got some shwag the other day. God it really sucks. anyways the first thing I did was seperate the seeds and stems. Some of the seeds that came from my bag looked halfway decent so I decided to see if I could make them sprout anything. I got a wet paper towel and wrapped the seeds inside. looked this morning and turns out that some of the seeds did sprout.

so whats my next step? I would like to see what I could get from them. do my seeds have any chance of maturing into plants? I have no clue about gardening so I need alot of help. thanks guys. peace.

2. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

I would not waste my time as the filials produced from any which germinate will be a direct reflection of the parents,in your words,SHIT.

3. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Yeah your going to get shit. If you want to grow, ask some big dealers if they have any extra good seeds. Or you can always order from a seed bank.

4. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Except some of the schwag that I get looks like it used to be decent bud, not dank or anything, but decent. One reason its quality is low now is due to the way it was havested/dried/shipped/smuggled. I'm sure it's been sprayed with God-knows-what to help smuggle it too. If I look closely I can see some red hairs, and once and a while I'll see a compressed crystal or two.

Who knows, it might have been decent bud before it was mistreated.

5. BigBong

BigBong Member

Not all schwag seeds will produce shitty plants!! You have alot higher chance of getting Hermies, but you do have the possibility have producing some pretty nice females! Personally, I dont like to bother with schwag seeds because I have had hermies as my outcome on numerous occassions.. I once grew 5 middie seeds and got 4 females and 1 male!! Those 4 females produced some killer bud!

6. Jezmund

Jezmund Member

so what do I do now that I have some sprouts? whats the proper way to plant a seed?

7. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Check out some of the many FAQ's on the internet about the subject. There should be plenty on www.overgrow.com alone.

8. blazer326

blazer326 Member

You should plant them with the taproot down and only about a 1/4 of an inch down in the soil. LIGHTLEY cover the seed with soil. If you cover it too much then it will have a tuff time breaking the surface. Water the soil before you plant the seed.

9. garf12

garf12 Member

Well chances are the plants will be hermaphrodites, which isnt good

10. blazer326

blazer326 Member

not all the time.

11. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Get yourself some good beans from a repitable seed bank!I have never seen any one produce anything to brag about from schwag seeds,thats not to say you cant,but you would have to grow alot of plants and have the experience to do a selection process to have hope in selecting a few good ladies!

12. garf12

garf12 Member

yep thats why i said chances are. If you are going to take the time to grow you should get them from a seed bank so you know what you are growing.

13. blazer326

blazer326 Member

I go to peakseeds.com and almost ALWAYS get NB.

Or NL#5

14. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Never heard of that seedbank.Are the reputable?

15. garf12

garf12 Member

anyone know a good bank that you can order from directly online? Everyone I have found you mail in your order.

16. TheFriendlyStranger

TheFriendlyStranger Maniac Mull Mite

Just put em in the ground with some water and see if they grow, pull males and hermafs and if ya get a female then good luck to ya, the weed will get ya stoned. It also depends on your climate and whether the seeds are Sativa strain. Maybe the schwag was only that because it seeded and wasn't looked after, or planted at the wrong time of yeah, or was picked to late or to early? Maybe the genetics of that plant aint to bad? To many factors to consider, yeah, just grow it. When it gets a few sets of leaves fertalise with a soluble fert every couple of weeks.

17. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

18. blazer326

blazer326 Member

MARC EMERY IS A CON MANN...!!!! He does NOT have good genetics.

Peakseeds is an EXCELLENT place to get seeds. And ALL seedbanks ask for you to mail your order...you might rip them off.

At peakseeds.com you get 20 seeds for 40 dallars....then 1 $ a seed after that so you benefit a good deal from that.

19. blazer326

blazer326 Member

Don't just plant them in the ground or medium. You should germ them firstIf you plant dirctly in the ground you have a 50/50 chance of getting them to sprout.

20. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Do as you please,he has been in business much longer and I was never ripped off and always have great germ rates.He suppliees from more seedbanks then any I have seen when it comes to selection.I personelly have not purchased or had to for years as I do my own breeding!So you say he is corrupt.Find that hard to believe as he is still in business!