Shrooms in Jersey

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Imagine17, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Imagine17

Imagine17 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

question for anyone in New Jersey or someone that knows alot about psilocybin mushrooms and different species.

What kinds of species of Psilocybin mushrooms grow in New Jersey and where? I know they grow on Horse or Cow droppings but I am not anywhere close to an area with Horses or Cows. So is there any other specific places I can check?

And if no one knows themselves but has a site they can reccomend that would be apreciated as well.

2. Flabbergast

Flabbergast Member

ever heard of a mythical creature called the Jersey Cow? It hangs out all day eating Jersey Tomatoes near the Pine Barrens....

Dude if you're looking to pick wild mushroom you'd better damn well know exactly what you are looking for or else you might end up hospitalized or dead. Not something to screw around with. You are much better off just getting them on the black market, where 99% of them are grown indoors under very controlled conditions

3. Imagine17

well I am pretty sure Panaeolus subbalteatus grows in Jersey, and I know what they look like. But I wanted to know if anyone knows anything else that does or if that is all. I am not stupid bro, I wouldnt get info go and pick a shroom that looks similiar and eat it. I am just looking for a starting ground on info from experienced people. Someplace I can start and then do more research. I know there are poisonous shrooms and some are look alikes to non poisonous shrooms.

4. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

yeah, we gots some panaeolus subbalteatus around my area... i'd advise picking them all first, then taking pictures and trying to get it ID'd... because one day they're there, the next day they're either picked or dead.

5. Imagine17

Yeah thanks, Can you find them in just normal grass or woodland rather then manuer?

6. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

i'd do spore prints on them too along with photo IDing them. or else your internal organs may shut down...and that's not fun.

7. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

they ususally grow in compost piles, horse & cow shit, and on rotting hardwood trees.