Shrooms: First Time

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by WoodstockChild, May 3, 2007.

1. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Your asking what kind of music to listen to? This shows that you are not ready to trip, if you can not make decisions on your own, you may not be able to think for yourself, and when you trip, if you trip hard enough to the point where you "lose" yourself, well, lets just say, you've been warned.
    And Hemisphere, that comment was a joke. Seriously people need to lighten up in here already, so what if she has a bad trip? We warned her, shes doing it anyway (most likely) so, why not make some jokes. :tongue:
    And Woodstock, you are 16, you live at home with your parents right? Your a child. Trust me, I am a single father, I know the differance.

2. Glordag

Glordag Member

You're obviously upset that everyone keeps telling you that you shouldn't do it. I'm sure it seems like we're "babying" you, but I really just think we're trying to keep you away from something that could change your life for the worst because of the time you are doing it. Whether someone considers you a child, a young adult, or whatever, labels really don't mean anything. What matters is the simple facts of development. There's a lot of shit going on in the head of any 15-16 year old, and adding such a complicated, confusing, and crazy thing like mushrooms or acid can definitely do some damage. I know you're going to be doing it though, so that's all I'll say about that. I just want you to understand where we're coming from, so that maybe you won't be as frustrated about it. Now to answer your question.

Music:
    Well, it's harder for me to make a suggestion for music on shrooms, since it's the one psychedelic I haven't really done yet. Going off of what I know about them and my experiences with acid, though, I'd say the main thing is just to avoid anything with really loud, sharp noises. As long as it has a steady flow to it, you're good to go. You probably don't want anything with a really high tempo, either. Try to avoid anything that will get your heart racing, as this could lead to a bad trip IMO. Honestly, really familiar music is really good on a trip, as it's really really fun to see/hear how the drug changes it. Also, familiar things are one of the best ways to remain calm and avoid a bad trip. For this reason, I'd say go with the Beatles and the Grateful Dead, since it seems like you are pretty familiar with them and they are both chill.

3. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

I think it's the perfect time to do it. I'm in a great mood, I'm loving life, I have a brand new guitar and my friends are going to be there. The guy I like likes me back, I've written a few songs, got to level 45 on World of Warcraft... not that that has anything to do with shrooms but the main point is I'm not depressed and things are going well for me. I'm interested in having a spiritual experience. Why is this different from any other teenager who tries shrooms? Why are you treating me particulary like a kid?

4. Hemisphere

Hemisphere Member

I think you made some pretty stupid posts a while ago. Maybe things are different now.

I remember there was something along the lines of "my dad's a drug cop and I'm determined to rebel against him and take all sorts of psychedelic drugs" :) coulda been that.

5. WoodstockChild

Well my dad is not in town XD

6. NightWalk

NightWalk Member

Well, ideally other 15/16 year olds shouldn't be dabbling in hallucinogens either. Your mind is developing a lot at that stage. I waited until about two months ago (I'm almost 19), and I'm glad I did. I wasn't mature enough to handle a serious psychedelic experience when I first decided I wanted to try mushrooms (around when I turned 17). The brain goes through some massive changes over a short period of time in your teenage years.

7. Hemisphere

Hemisphere Member

I can testify to that. I'm 20, and I'm SO different from the person I was at 18, let alone 16 or even 15, it's unbelievable.

Each year in my life is like a whole new experience, almost like I'm a different person.

8. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

Cause you are a kid...

You're 16... and if the reason life is going good for you is because you got to level 45 on warcraft, you are obviously not too mature either.

I dont know you, and dont have a grudge with you, and personally I think you'll be fine if you do mushrooms. Your dose isnt that much, and while you could weird out and start to fuck up your trip- you probably wont.

The first time I did shrooms I was sooo fucking happy. I kept laughing my ass off uncontrollably at everything, and just having a great time. After a while, you can start to think "shit, why did I do this to myself?" and that can really mess up your trip. Just dont worry about it too much, and make sure you're not with anyone who is going to weird you out when you trip.

9. WoodstockChild

Gotcha. I'm totally ready. I have no second thoughts, and of course I'm naturally a little nervous, but I'm way more excited than nervous.

10. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

Because in the past you have proved that you are utterly stupid with drugs.
    And the fact that you asked what music to listen to helps....i mean seriously if I (well probably not me because I'm a wanker) told you to listen to something would you? Just because someone tells you to doesnt mean you need to do it.
    As you seem to be so in love with the 60's and The Beatles you should recagnise this: "Think for yourself coz iwon't be there with you". So follow one of their messages for once instead of just saying you do.

11. Glordag

Glordag Member

By the sounds of it, you are definitely in the right mind frame for a good trip. As I stated before, I'm not nearly as much worried about the trip itself as I am what will happen to you afterwards. Personally, I don't think I'm treating you like a kid as much as I am treating you like a TEENAGER, which you are. Think about how much teenagers are babied in everyday life, much less in regards to drugs. There's a reason for that. It's probably the most crucial point of anyone's life. It is very much so a time where the rest of your life will be decided for you. I would hate to see anyone get mixed up in drugs and mess up the rest of their life.

Psychedelics have a way of altering your mind. When your mind is altering itself faster than most can deal with (teen angst, if you will) anyways, it just seems like a recipe for disaster.

The others might be treating you 'particularly' like a kid, but personally, I'm just treating you like I would treat any 15-16 year old considering doing shrooms. Try not to take offense. I mean, if you look around these forums you will see quite a bit of people say that they wish they had waited until they were older to do psychedelics. I feel the same way, myself. It kind of screwed me up for a little bit, and I was 19-20 at the time. The reason being, I was still thinking about NORMAL things, and wasn't completely settled there.

Look over in the LSD forum. There's a thread about the influence of psychedelics on the mind that is active right now. That will just give you an idea of how powerful they are. You might be tempted to brush it off as rubbish, lies, rumors, exaggerations, or whatever, but it absolutely is NOT such. Psychedelics WILL change your mind, and if you're 15-16, it's probably not going to be a good thing.

12. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

im 18 and took acid first time about 3 weeks ago. i can absolutly not imagine taking acid when i was 15. i took meth first time when i was 15, and truelly i see that i didnt understand. i have this knowledge now that i didnt have then, and you truelly dont understand what your gettin yourself into untill your brain develops more. I look back at 15 and soooo much has changed. the brain develops from this closed minded book to a tool that can actually think and rationalise and this all happens in a couple of crucial years of development.

in the end its your decision, and everyone has to make their own mistakes. i know i did.

13. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

ok...just to throw it out there....1.5 gs of shrooms IS NOT A MAJOR PSYCHEDELIC EXPERIENCE...

for fucks sake, everyone chill out and stop looking down at her, youll be fine....you wont even trip THAT hard...at all, your get high as hell, giggly, and you may visualize a little bit, shes talking about trying shrrooms at a low dose not eating 10 hits of acid in one gulp....everyone should just chill

14. Sun Goddess

Sun Goddess Member

dude my first time was last night and it was amazing... Just go into it thinking that it is going to be amazing and it will be.

15. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

I agree.

I was 16 the first time I tripped on shrooms, and I loved it. It didnt fuck with me mentally afterwards (but I too was a stable minded individual), and it opened the door to my psychedelic mind, which was awesome.

With high doses of any psychedelic the mental after-effects is MUCH more pronounced. At low doses, you may regret taking them if you start to weird out on your trip, but thats about all and its gonna be long gone by the next day, tops.

16. Seung-Hui Cho

Seung-Hui Cho Banned

the other thing you need to know is that I thnk you are too young
    and its too decadent at your age

17. Glordag

Glordag Member

1.5g isn't a lot, that's true. In all reality, it probably won't do a whole lot for her and she'll be fine afterwards. My cautions were more about the psychedelic use at her age in general. If she does this now, there's a good chance she'll want to do a 1/8th or something soon after. This one time should be fine, but that doesn't mean she won't want to continue usage at higher doses.

18. toastacidblocks

toastacidblocks Member

i took shrooms when i was thirsteen:D
    i was fine.
    you just gotta think about stuff how you always do, dont be negative, becasue whats the point? that'll make u bad trip

19. toastacidblocks

toastacidblocks Member

hahahaahahha i was thirteen
    DEFINITLEY the best way to do it

i was so fucking ignorant it was awesome:D

20. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Don't act like that, gosh she'll be fine. Anyways, magic mushrooms could be extremely unexpected at first, but when you get "over the hill", then you can get used to it and have some real fun. If you're having a good time, it goes on a roll and you feel like you're on top of the world. It's fun to laugh and think about deeply phycologically meaningful and global things on them as well. By the way, people always say it is insane to be on magical mushrooms, but once you do them, you'll understand that they aren't as "fucked" as people say. Now, just be careful with them. An eigth is a lot for a first-timer, especially a young lady. The first time I did them was when I was 14, and I ate over 7 grams of them and had an interesting talk with a tree. The non-tripping dude is a bonus, but it would be awkward for them because they aren't as happy and aren't in the same mind set as you. Also make sure they are trustworthy people that won't try to "trip you out". Have fun, and enjoy the pleasures and wonders of this magic fungus! :)