Shrooms alone?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by gstaterfan, Feb 8, 2009.

1. gstaterfan

gstaterfan Member

What are your thoughts? For a first time trip, good or bad idea?

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

you will learn that there is no such thing as 'alone' so it doesn't matter :)

3. nesta

nesta Banned

if you feel hesitant enough to stop and ask this question, i'd advise against it.

4. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

Is this your first experience with ALL psychedelics? Also what dose are you planning? My first time on shrooms i was very glad to have a friend with me (even if he was on them too).

5. PhishheadDeadhead

PhishheadDeadhead Senior Member

they're better with a friend..thats why most people say to do them with someone the first time because some people do have bad trips. plus you can have conversations and laugh your ass off.

6. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

it depends on the kind of person you are, and what you're looking for in the experience.

do you tend to crave being social, or do you prefer to get inside your own head? are you taking mushrooms for spiritual reasons, or do you just want to have a good time?

my best mushroom trip was when i was alone, but my first time eating them i was with a good friend and that was definitely a great time as well. just ask yourself, do you have good friends you can chill with who are into taking mushrooms in the same way you are? if so you should probably do it with them. but if you usually feel better alone, and don't know anyone else who wants to trip anyway, i don't see why being alone is a bad idea.

7. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

mushrooms is a pretty euphoric headspace for the most part, and is a great experience if combined with weed and friends

8. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

I shroomed alone the other day, but it wasnt my first trip. I'd advise to not do it alone on your first time. same with acid and ecstasy.

9. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Have a watcher there the first time, just to ensure that you don't have a bad reaction to it or anything like that. Then after that, do what you please.

10. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

I've heard if you shroom at all period. That if you do them at night in complete darkness with cannabis smoking. You supposedly lose your mortal body and completely travel in the spirit through landscapes of vivid inner visions. Same with ayahuasca and salvia divinorum. Plus if you can cook up some b.caapi to drink along with your mushies. The vine opens up the cells of your body to take the medicine more deeply through your being.

11. raz5

raz5 زینب

it depends on you. if you have a lot going on and you're depressed and have a lot on your table, you should have someone with you. if you are able to handle yourself on drugs, not get bugged out and understand it's only the drugs doing what they're doing then you'll be fine. i think your first time you should have someone with you just to make sure you can handle it yourself.

how much do you plan on eating?

12. Dein Liebsten

Dein Liebsten Member

Hm. I've never been brave enough to turn all the lights off and smoke salvia. I have been in total darkness with weed, but I just get paranoid that my friend is gonna punch me lol

It sounds intense doing that with shrooms though.

13. BlackPower

BlackPower Member

As long as u can talk urself out of a bad trip its allright. but you dont no if u can ur first trip. my first trip expierence i had an 3grams of bluecaps and was home alone. at first it was cool jus watchin my ears get pointy, and nose get wider in the mirror (i like watchin myself wen i trip haha) but at the peak of the high is wen many people have the bad trip. i was in my room panicking for a lil but was able to calm myself down wen i went in another room and played calm triphop music.

i would say yes, its fine to trip alone

14. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

I'm all for it, I do most drugs alone for the first time. You get the whole scope of the ride.

15. blitz7341

blitz7341 Banned

best way to do em IMO

16. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Hell ya.

17. gstaterfan

gstaterfan Member

thanks guys. i think i'll do them a with a friend.

18. pushit

Eh, I would do it myself. I like to get twisted in my room with my music blasting, not having to do a thing but think and ponder the drug.

19. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

That sounds like a good idea. I've shroomed alone but no intense trips. Lots of posts in this thread read like, "if you know you can handle it / know you can talk yourself down" my advice to you is never to think like that...even if you have a bad experience and manage to talk yourself out of it, that doesn't mean the mushrooms (or any powerful psychoactive drug really) don't have something in store for you in the future. don't lose respect for the plants / chemicals, and you should be good :cheers2:

20. pushit

I don't care if I can handle it, I just let the drug do its thing. I've had bad DXM trips wandering through my house knocking shit over. But I've never gotten caught so really I'm fine with doing all sorts of crazy highs in my domain. Let it flow, but alone is just better for experimenting, for me.