shroom cost

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by chris, May 12, 2004.

1. chris

chris Member

ive never had shrooms before, dont kno anything about hte shroom business

my dealer says he will get me an eighth of shrooms for $35

he says if i eat half an eighth i will get an average trip

is this a fair price? is half that an average trip?

thanks

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I got an eighth at Bonnaroo for $25....that's the only time I've ever bought them, though, so I don't know if that's normal. :)

3. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

A few months ago I was paying $30-35 for eighths, but that was because it was dry and not many people could get it. Now that there's more of it around I can get it for $25 usually..

4. nesta

nesta Banned

35 is pretty high, seeing as they cost nearly nothing to grow (which i suggest doing, especially for your first trip)

afoaf just went to coachella and bought a couple eighths of mushrooms for $20 a peice and brought them back with him on the plane and then sold them for $70 a peice to rich kids in a neighboring suburb who didn't know any better.

you can take half and eighth and get really "high" from them, but you won't really get anything that constitutes a trip unless they're supremely potent.

but i wouldn't pay anything more than $30 for them, and only then if they were VERY hard to come by and there was NO way you could grow your own. they really should only cost $5-15 for an eighth.

5. nesta

nesta Banned

i think its really shady that he'd mark them up so enormously like that, but whatever...if he can get away with that without getting his ass beat, more power to him i guess.

6. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

My synth dealer sells me eighth of shrooms (or weed) for $25.
    Pretty decent price.

7. ericf

ericf Member

For the shrooms that is close to the price I've paid each time. $25-$30.

For the weed... if they are mids then that is about right. If they are regs... you should be getting a quarter for that.

8. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

I get 8 grams of P.Cubensis for $35 bucks
    out here its 5 bucks a gram, and you need about 2-3 grams to trip well. 3 grams out here is 15 bucks. But ussually I have to buy em in Querters to get the good ones(60 bucks).

9. chris

chris Member

how many grams in an eighth?

10. an eigth is 3.5grams

11. chris

chris Member

shrooms r really expensive. im just gonna do acid instead

12. cousinit

cousinit Member

you can get shrooms for free, but my advice is to learn your fungi. thier are types mushrooms verry simular looking to Psilocybin mushrooms which are verry deadly. dont buy dried mushrooms period becasue it is impossible to tell what kind they are. Insist on fresh mushrooms. and dont try one unless you can without a doubt in your mind identify it as Psilocybin mushroom, of which thier are many species.

you can buy and books on them, look under mycology. might even have it in your school library

oh mycology is a general term for the study of all types of fungi, not nessisarily mushrooms

13. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Mushrooms sold on the street are always dried. The possiability that they are not psilocybin mushrooms is pretty low, but you do have to trust your drug dealer, weather its weed, or E, or acid, or coke. Even if you could buy fresh mushrooms, which is very rare, you would have to know a lot about mushroom identification to even be able to make a guess to what they are. At this point you may as well go mushroom hunting yourself (which takes A LOT of research). My advise is to ask arround, see if other people have gotten good trips from the shrooms. Dealers won't try to kill you for a simple $20, they want to keep you alive so you will buy more. Also, everytime I have bought shrooms it has cost me $20 / 3.5g. I just recently harvested some home grown though =).

14. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

ive gotten shrooms 20 an eighth.

15. cousinit

cousinit Member

treephiend , it probably depends where you live, becasue they grew wild in my backyard when I lived in Vancouver. they grew side by side a few other species though, which i hard time distinguishing.

I have never tried them and I dont plan to, so its not really an insue for me. im more into mushrooming for food.

16. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

yea, 35 is pretty up there.

you could probably grow them for that much.

17. nesta

nesta Banned

yeah, for just a little more than that (depending on what you already own) you could grow a nearly infinite supply of mushrooms so long as you're willing to shell out a few bucks every so often for new substrate/culture materials...

18. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Thats cool, but I would think it would be risky to ID a fresh shroom without knowing what substrate it was growing on.

Practically everywhere psychedelic mushrooms grow there are other look alike species, some of which can be poisnous or even deadly.

19. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

i have to pay 40 an eight here in north virginia, all drugs here are jacked in price cept weed cause they r so dam hard to get...

20. Psilodelix

Psilodelix Member

I actually paid $40 once for 3.5 of dired p. azoracens... thus a half and eight constituted a nice trip... and that was outragious!! but it was my only option and I wanted some shrooms. Sometimes das life...

-PsDX