Shpongle

Discussion in 'Electronic and Experimental Music' started by Synesthesia75, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Synesthesia75

Synesthesia75 Member

Does anyone listen to them? if not, i urge you to check it out. I'm not quite sure how to categorize it, i guess its electronic with world music influences. unfortunately, i can't figure out what happened to the website. but if you can download, i suggest downloading the albums "Nothing lasts...but nothing is lost." and "Are you Shpongled?"

They are pure genious

2. Guest123

Guest123 Member

Yea, Shpongle rules. Not much else to say.

3. mellow

mellow Eased

I think it is common knowledge that shpongle is the king of goa trance.

4. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

check out GONG! as well for goa-trance

and jesus christ these sphongle songs are huge in file size - i've got most of infected mushroom's published and bootleg material on my PC, aint gonna be able to download much by sphongle before it slows down!

by the way, check out infected mushroom and, even better, the OZRIC TENTACLES.

5. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I love Shpongle and Hallucinogen. Pure genius, especially when tripping.

6. Klute

Klute Member

Tales of the inexpressible is also an awesome album, great stuff.

7. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

Don't download psy!!!

If you like the artists then support them!! Psy cd's are cheap!! Illegal downloading has already killed my favourite online psytrance record shop this year (Chaos Unlimited RIP) and you can get most new release cd's for 8 english pounds. 8 POUNDS (about 14 US dollars) it's nothing. Stop stealing psy and killing the scene!

Shpongle cd's @ Psyshop.com
    http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/twi/twi1cd004.html
    http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/twi/twi1cd013.html
    http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/twi/twi1cd028.html

8. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Shpongle are great.

I guess it's a question of whether you pay for your downloads or not - I download quite a bit of music (trance and house) from the web - but as I tend to go for new stuff it's from sites where you buy the mp3's.

But I agree with the sentiment Rev. - psytrance isn't a massive seller, and artists have to survive! Lets not kill the scene ..............

9. PsyGrunge

dude i understand that you don't want me killing the scene and i appreciate that, really - i do.
    but i'm hardly gonna shell out 8 quid just to hear a couple of tracks (which i might not even like).
    to be honest, i don't think a great deal of them and so shan't be bothering with a purchase and, hence, more downloading of this band.
    and, i've deleted those songs due to the file size so consider previous stolen tracks returned.

10. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

By all means download a couple of tracks to sample stuff for sure but it's not that which I'm talking about. It's people with gigs and gigs of trance music who continue to share it still. Many 'big' psy artists on the party circuit are still working full-time jobs. By spreading the popularity of the scene but not putting anything back in labels and crews are going under. More people getting into it but less money going in it's weird huh.

Beatport.com is good for legal downloads but not so much full-on psy more proggy/housey stuff but there is a good selection from labels such as iboga, plusquam, neurobiotic as well as lots of cheddar hehe.

Also psyshop.com and saikosounds.com have long samples so you listen to any releases before parting with your hard earned cash

Happy Trancing :)

11. PsyGrunge

lol, points taken aboard.
    cheers!