Show us your pets!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by mystik_lilac, Oct 5, 2008.

1. bigredinmass

bigredinmass Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Thanks so much. I think you're spot on.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  2. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

i simply love my cat Ella==she's natural...

[​IMG]

3. Astray

Astray Visitor

Now I have ants and the ocassional spider visiting my place.
    Before I had many pets, all were rescued animals. The last one was Luke, a red Kelpie.

[​IMG]

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^...Why No Pets Now..?...Just Ants And Spiders..?...What Happened...???....:confused2:

Cheers Glen.

5. Astray

Astray Visitor

Live in a unit that does not allow pets.

The ants are real good with me now. At first it looked like it may become a War of the Ants. Since I don't like killing anything, a truce was formed between us. I spoke from my heart. Now, I knock three times on the kitchen bench and the ants instantly go single file out of the way. It only takes them about thirty seconds to disappear. Over time I discovered their favourite foods. I often place some small treats near their exit tunnel. They enjoy that, and don't venture any further. I am always aware of them, and have learnt to love them.

Spiders that are too big for my liking are talked out of my place. I tell them which way to go, left, right, forward and back. They read human loving intention very well. Still have a lot of trouble doing this with cockroaches and other larger insects. They seem to have a strong will of their own. It is much like a tug-a-war, two steps forward and one step back. They really don't like leaving the unit. So I often catch them and take them far away outside.

I have an infinity with other life forms, expecially with dogs. All dogs like me, and I love all dogs. When walking down a footpath, other peoples dogs always come to me with lots of love saying "Hi, glad to see you".

I know that most people reading this will think I've lost my marbles. But I don't care, because I am telling the truth.

beachbum86 likes this.
  6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

As Long As You Have At Least "One Marble" Left......All Is Good..... :D

Cheers Glen.

McFuddy, bigredinmass and Astray like this.
  7. goodearth

goodearth Member

She’s a beagle. F83EA7EA-F8FE-4836-9495-1A8DCC23B0D9.jpeg

8. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

my infamous boys. black and white is Galileo Figaro Magnifico, and the speckledy one in the black watch walking jacket is Mr Robert Baker 22278470_1448627281888528_692825861_n.jpg galileo bowtie.jpg

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Love it :D

10. Born25YearsTooLate

his choice. when I picked him up from the shelter he was named 'joe'

I said it, he just stared at me, and I was like 'yeah, I don't like it either. let me know when you hear one you like'

we were in the car on the way home, stopped by a train, and bohemian rhapsody came on the radio.. at 'galileo' he poked my arm through the carrier grate. 'do you like that?' 'mrower' 'you want to be Galileo?' 'Mow!' he continued to pat me until the 'Galileo Figaro Magnifico' part was done, then he flopped over and took a nap, because he was still woogy from having gotten neutered and the meds.

Meliai, McFuddy and GLENGLEN like this.
  11. Born25YearsTooLate

Bob, on the other hand is a 'parking lot foundling' Turns out he's an american bobtail (considered a premium breed, unpapered, they start at like 800$ each) he's got a dinky wee shaving brush of a tail (hence the bobtail - they're a breed that spontaneously popped up among feral cats, and was encouraged because they look similar to bobcats) they get 'big' (maine coon size) vet says he's gonna be easily 22-23 pounds fully grown.. he's just over 14 pounds now and he's only about 18 months, he'll be nearly 3 before he grows into himself)

so, for the Robert Baker - Robert from bob (because he literally does look like a small bobcat) and Baker, because he kneads /everything/ and whenever I'm in the kitchen, he has to be supervising. (probably in hopes I'll drop something, lol) very much my cat. tied for largest in the house, likes everybody, and eats like he's gonna be shot in the morning. active.. doesn't have any extra fat on him. loves to climb

GLENGLEN likes this.
  12. deepwoods

deepwoods Members

kkkii 15346933733191551039685618464897.jpg 199194[/ATTACH]

13. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

My girls just got back from doggie spa.
    I did:
    1. Ear cleaning
    2. Teeth scaling
    3. Toe nail dremeling

The spa did:
    1. Wonka wash
    2. Head-to-toe grooming
    3. Pretty hf purple scarfs. (By coincidence)

I had to post this pic because I NEVER get Avery sticking her tongue out at me like some brat!
    20180912_163333.jpg

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

They're so cute, Pete. I just want to jump into a pile of them.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

16. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Cats and I just don't get along. We've reached a kind of agreement: I have nothing to do with them and they no longer dive into my lap claws first

RetiredHippie and idahocowboy like this.
  18. Meliai and McFuddy like this.
  19. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

They really CAN be all claws at times, sorta like handling a blender...lol

20. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

My mother's cat, Luna...who didn't quite want to turn around here.

Attached Files:

Lynnbrown and idahocowboy like this.