Show Us Your Knits And/or Crochets-What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Fiber Arts' started by fundoo, Apr 7, 2017.

1. fundoo

fundoo Members

1 person likes this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Cute sweater. I cannot make sweaters. I made a mile long scarf ...colors maroon, black and gray, but I would have to go upstairs to find it to take a photo of it.....Maybe at some point.
    Stan uses it to wrap his whole body in it outside when it is cold, so it is more like a blanket, I guess. . I made it for him, so it is probably in the closet, but I would have to move his bed first to get into the closet. Big ordeal around here to do anything....:D

1 person likes this.
  3. mizzymorrison

mizzymorrison Sage

Those look great! I have a knitted floppy hat that I love.

1 person likes this.
  4. fundoo

fundoo Members

i just finished the tam. I'll have to get a new pic now. It's really cool! hehe I made a few crocheted ones...by accident. :p but this one was from a pattern and came out perrfecto! :D

(actually, the second crocheted tam was done on purpose. I had figured out what I did. I like it better than the original hat pattern! :D )

1 person likes this.
  5. fundoo

fundoo Members

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Your knitting is so intriguing to me!

I've never tried knitting. The women in my mom's family were crocheters.

I'd like to try knitting something big and chunky.

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Can we post other diy stuff?
    Like embroidery for example, or whatever you call it in English xD

8. Aerianne

Yes! We call it Embroidery; also Needlepoint.

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This will be my pillowcase.
    Be gentle, I am new at this, hence the weird face on the last one (let's just say she winked).

1 person likes this.
  10. Aerianne

That's adorable! Great job!

11. fundoo

fundoo Members

The women in my family were primarily crocheters too. That's what I learned as a little girl. I self taught myself knit after marriage. One of my friends was doing it and you know, I had to do it. I actually prefer it now though because I feel it's more comfortable on my wrists. Like, using both hands evens out the work load or something. It still takes awhile, oh but you can get huge chunky needles as well. Like, well, this share is slightly chunky. No wait, the "Resident Evil" blanket above (yeah, that's what that is supposed to be eventually-the umbrella logo, but I need to like square off the sides now. hehe) well, it uses pretty chunky needles...which reminds me, I need to find the package for the size and order a few more to make it easier to finish this. Yeah, this is a pattern from my imagination so I'm playing with the technique as I go. That's why it isn't so great. Meh!
    Ok, so sweater. This really isn't any better, but I started this when I just started out. "Hell with gauge swatches! What's that matter!" I'd say. But I know now that it's pretty important for stuff like this. Alright, well, I'll share a few photos, kinda illustrating why I'm just happy it's done! hehe

ok, so this is finished front and back (front is the two-toned. and yes, i ran out of yarn, back is the solid)
    http://imgur.com/a/Q78VN

and this is how it was a few weeks earlier (inside out)-you have permission to laugh, at this and even the finished one. hehe

[​IMG]?

Piaf, this is amazing!! I've seen this exact work and have wanted to learn ever since! But I'm not sure if I can get these thick threads or materials here or not. I wonder if you can translate the materials, or maybe you have an online link for them?? The patterns here are all too "small" or intricate. Too intimidating for me, and plus, I like the simple patterns better anyway...and those colors!! beautiful!! :)

2 people like this.
  12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Awesome sweater! Great colors combination! I would wear that....
    Nice work, Piaf.

1 person likes this.
  13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I am so, so sorry. I forgot about this thread.
    Mea culpa.

Anyyyways...There are a lot of stores here that sell the materials that I used.
    I have no idea how to translate it though.
    I'll try to take a pick later today or tomorrow, would that help?

This is the pic I found and used.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/96/f4/1c/96f41c7846421736f006036290d5062b.jpg

I just printed it very large.
    And then used the indigo paper (is that how you call it in English too??) to draw the pattern on the actual pillowcase (my mom actually made the pillow case for me).

This is indigo paper:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. fundoo

fundoo Members

Hey again! So, amidst the Inktober attempt and all the other things occupying my mind and time, well, I've been at the knitting again too. I don't think I mentioned this one yet, but if I did, well, it's progressing... sort of.:p yea you can't really tell here, but the decorative holes are not aligned all the way down in the pattern, but I'm not starting this over. I'll make a second one when I'm done. :)

Baby sweater. And I'm on the mobile, so I can only link it this way. Hope this even works!

https://i.imgur.com/xgoAe5Sh.jpg

15. Aerianne

That's very pretty!

1 person likes this.
  16. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I might knit myself a large scarf this autumn.

1 person likes this.
  17. This is something that I made as a commission! They were delighted with it! IMG_20171016_115612_032.JPG

2 people like this.
  18. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

these look nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder if the first one is difficult to make

1 person likes this.
  19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I like the look of large woven threads

20. The first one looks easy. Finding the right size of knitting pins is the key