Show us your coffee mug

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Irminsul, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like coffee mugs for some reason or what people drink coffee from because lots of people have fun, cute mugs. I've had this for... 15 years maybe. It's a Denver Broncos football helmet. :p

It looks a bit ugly and squished in the photo for some reason.

20190403_081624.jpg

rollingalong likes this.
  2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

My Three Stooges mug and my Starbucks mug 20190402_173015.jpg

Irminsul likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I remember once when I was maybe 12 or 13 I can't remember, my dad had this mug it was nothing fancy just 3 shades of grey that he refused to wash, so one day I washed it. Well you'd think I started WW3 or something ay, like he was livid with me. He blew up and told me never to wash his coffee mug again because it keeps the flavour or something.

Never again did I touch the man's coffee cup, but I remember my mum did once just to annoy him and he blew up again lol. Then I went and bought him a chocolate box for fathers day maybe, and my dads favorite comic was always the Phantom so I get a coffee mug for him with the Phantom on it. :)

My very first cup though I still have on the shelf I think, I should take pic next time I am in the kitchen. It's white with Raphael from the Ninja Turtles on it. He was always my favorite. It's like he's coming out of the mug all CowaBungaz!! :D

When I worked 3 month contract in an office once I take that mug into work with me. All the boys thought I was super awesome lol.

jmadre and rollingalong like this.
  4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

ive heard that dirty mug story from someone else who doesn't wash his tea mug....not me...I need a clean mug

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I use to have some pretty mugs but they each got broken in one way or another.

Since then, I like a simple mug that is thick and keeps the coffee warm. I like one I can reheat in the microwave in case I have to walk away and it gets cold. I like them plain and simple so if they break I don't mind.

Irminsul likes this.
  6. I'm just too lazy to wash my mug, but now I've got a good excuse. WIN_20190402_18_56_46_Pro.jpg

Driftrue, Irminsul and rollingalong like this.
  7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

The hot chick gave me this mug... It has a hole in the handle so that you can smoke through the bowl in the front but I don't smoke through it I just keep it on my desk and look at it lovingly and think about the hot chick that 20190402_195517.jpg slipped through my fingers xoxo

morrow, Orison, Driftrue and 2 others like this.
  8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

9. You don't even take 5-hour energy!

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I had a 5hr Energy shot when I was in America and damn, it made me have the shakes and cold sweats all day.

jmadre likes this.
  11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's the only legal thing that actually seems to give me any energy. not much, but at little at least. coffee doesn't do anything until i've drank enough to make my stomach hurt. energy drinks might make me 1% more awake.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Tbh I don't think I feel caffeine like others either. I drink coffee because I like the smell and warmth but I can't say it actually does anything for me.

Once I made coffee furnace for work on late shift. I didn't have any so decided to drink the whole thing not to waste. They made really sick from caffeine. I felt the same feeling one more time when I drank 2 tall cans. Then once again on the 5hr shot. But usually I feel nothing.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]
    There can only be one mug..

rollingalong and Irminsul like this.
  14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Ha, ha, ha.....lol...

[​IMG]

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That is not your coffee mug. :unamused:

16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

True, I actually attended an accredited university .lol..

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

UNSW 4 LYFE

18. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

19. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

[​IMG]
    Mug on the right is from when my dad worked a contract in California when I was a kid. It only faded recently because I ran it through the dishwasher on the heavy cycle a few times by accident. Oh well.

Orison likes this.
  20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i don't have any pictures of them handy to link from, but i have a kind of small one with a picture of a cat on it,
    and the one i drink from all the time, is plane white outside and a kind of medium gray inside, its unique feature, is that its kind of like a soup bowl with a handle,
    holds a cup and a half or a little more, maybe almost two cups worth.

i've also got a couple of others, i call them cups, but i guess most people call them mugs because they're not made to fit on saucers, hold a full cup or more, and are fairly substantial looking. ones even a kind of multinaturalcleycolored stoneware and the other has pinapples on it.

nothing to special about them, except the only kind of drinking vessels i own are of the catigory.
    no point in glasswear, nor anything that doesn't hold more then a sip.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    rollingalong likes this.