Show Us the Carnage from the Mass Shootings!

Discussion in 'Anarchy' started by skip, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Maybe read the thread in chronological order. It was a reaction to the posts before it

2. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

I did. There were only a handful of posts before yours. I saw no evidence of anyone causing any trouble in any of them.

There was an article that felt the NRA might be defeated (allowing leftists to freely violate people's civil liberties for fun) if these pictures were shown.

But I didn't see anything about people causing any trouble.

3. This whole gun issue is a smokescreen. It's another wedge issue thrown on the pile to keep confusion and conflict alive and kicking. For me a gun is another tool that I use about as often as a wood planer (which isn't often since I don't make furniture anymore).

I also have a hyperdog sling shot that will break limbs from pine trees. And I have some really evil-looking garden tools.

In none of these cases have I planned to off a human being. If for no other reason than not wanting to get engaged to several horny inmates.

OneSwellFoop and storch like this.
  4. storch

storch banned

*Joke alert*
    I'm not sure how you would determine that a dog is hyper since they are all pretty much energetic. But that's beside the point. I strongly disapprove of using some souped-up slingshot to propel dogs at pine trees.

EDIT: Okay, my bad. I just googled hyperdog slingshots, and it appears that my judgement of you was premature and unfounded.

:smiley:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  5. I saw an episode of The Expanse that featured a Slingshot Racer for using the gravity of planetary moons for primary propulsion. The guy flying it is off the chain (a "Belter", dwellers of the asteroid belt, miners and such) as is the sound track. Season 3 episode 7.

Oh, and they have a lot of guns in this episode.

6. storch

storch banned

A lot of guns?! *wipes drool from chin* I'm there!

WritersPanic likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's the same way they shoot satellites out into space too. I think they use Mars and earth gravity to circulate and then propel them out into the depths.

WritersPanic likes this.
  8. Exactly. What I find intriguing here is the size of the craft and the speed it must go. When NASA is doing the math, the know they won't have real-time control. So they undoubtedly play it very safe. Which is why it takes them months and years to slingshot some of the deep space robes. In the case of the slingshot racer, a pilot can drive the craft to the edge of gravity-assisted propulsion. Getting very close to the moons and then the planets while pulling all kinds of Gs.

The Expanse has excellent sets and backdrops. Their space scenes are well made as well. I won't spoil the whole thing, but it has a very well crafted ending.

Irminsul likes this.
  9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

They really don't

Only in your fantasy world

granite45 likes this.
  10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The facts of the world outside Fox news dispute everything you say.

11. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

History shows that the NRA does have that power.

In 2013 Barack Obama devoted the entire first 100 days of his second term to trying to pass an unconstitutional ban on assault weapons.

The NRA completely defeated him. It was a total rout.

If the Democrats ever want a rematch (I doubt that they do), the NRA is ready to do it all again.

That is incorrect. It is very clear that our Constitution protects the right to keep and bear arms, so he was correct to say so.

And quite a few people do die from car accidents, so he was also correct to specify the danger of cars.

Irminsul likes this.
  12. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Such as?

13. diesel#

diesel# Members

I firmly believe what stops killers from carrying out attacks in lots of places, is the fear of being stopped before they start.

Laws, will never stop evil. The fear of failure does. And then sometimes that doesn’t. Lethal defense is the only option.

OP you say “Show us carnage from mass shootings”... that’s sick. I’m sure it’s out there and can be found, but out of respect for the victims and their families, why? To hurt them more and push your political agenda?

14. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, of course when the constitution was written the arms were muskets...so I think it’s fine for the right to own muskets be protected. The level of shootings and firearm deaths in the US is a real horror story. I grew up hunting and owned several firearms for that sport...never a problem. About 2 degrees of latitude north of where I live is another country “eh”. They do just fine with common sense gun laws and the level of firearm related crimes is correspondingly lower. What about the right of the rest of the population to be protected from gun violence?

15. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

Civil liberties have never applied only to obsolete technology. If that were the case, Free Speech would only apply to printing presses and the President would be allowed to censor political writing on the internet.

Why does the use of guns matter? Is a victim less dead if they are killed with a baseball bat?

Is a rape less horrible if the rapist holds a knife instead of a gun?

Why do people who propose violating civil liberties always use some version of "reasonable" or "common sense"? I'm not joking when I say it happens every single time.

16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

When did that happen?

17. MeAgain

Was she the only one? Was it public knowledge such as the salary of school teachers?
    How was she demonized?

What do you mean by contradicted the narrative?

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Somebody once tried to come to my home and take away my guns.

I shot them..

Put a hole in em this big ( )
    Well actually it might have been this big (.... )
    Now that I think about it..
    It might have been this big (..... ........ )
    Yeeeah, and blood and guts was spittin' out everywhere.

[​IMG]

19. kushkush

kushkush Here on loan...

What a train wreck

20. MeAgain

It sounds like the gun ownership in that county was public knowledge same with addresses. Attainable by anyone.

Do you have statistics and sources on these disproportional drills?