Show Us the Carnage from the Mass Shootings!

Discussion in 'Anarchy' started by skip, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Or we could have Scared Gun-less programs where you're forced to go into a prison with guys who got locked up for guns and they all tell you how they're going to enjoy shoving a gun up your ass when you're in lock up with them.

scratcho likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm thinking it would turn into a meme. That's seriously my fear. Someone would make a joke out of it, and spin it wrong, then we would be desensitized to it. I don't know, but I guess since people are dying there's not much else you can do but show it.

juggawatta likes this.
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It works?

Vietnam ended up communist, 2 million Cambodians got hit over the head and pushed into a mass grave because do-gooders couldnt stomach the war anymore

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2018
    juggawatta and skip like this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I obviously ment the effect it had on the american public.

Haha yes, came across that on tv once. Criminal problem kids getting verbally intimidated in prison. Seriously not a bad idea. Every little thing helps.

juggawatta and Eric! like this.
  5. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Read this shit

Emmett Till’s accuser admits it was all a lie
    The judicial system will never allow that to happen because in a sense, the public want some type of closure, and they actually want to see that killers taken away in handcuffs, or, if they're like me, they want to see serial killers get killed on the spot. Instant gratification.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    juggawatta likes this.
  6. Eric!

Read this st

Emmett Till’s accuser admits it was all a lie
    The judicial system will never allow that to happen because, in a sense, the public want some type of closure, and they actually want to see that killers are taken away in handcuffs, or, if they're like me, they want to see serial killers get killed on the spot. Instant gratification.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

8. Eric!

Those Scared Straight programs that started back in the 70s, did just that. They were good to a certain degree, because some kids turned themselves around, but didn't produce the results that everyone thought they would. A lot of those kids still became criminals and ended up right in the same prison with the hardened criminals that tried to convince them to stay out of trouble. I saw where they revived the program several years ago, and it sucks ass. A bunch of prison guards hollering and screaming at teens like a bunch of wannabe drill sergeants. Most of those kids weren't really phased at all, and some even laughed. Pathetic. It's hard to get to kids today, as it always has been.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    juggawatta likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I remember when I was in 9th grade we took a field trip to a prison and this one prisoner picked the smallest, weakest guy in the class and kept yelling that he was going to rape him.

And then our guidance counselor was on the trip and he saw a previous student turned prusoner who he later revealed went through the same scared straight type program a few years previously .It didnt keep him out out of prison.

I personally thought the whole thing was pointless and futile. That kid who was threatened with rape was a sweet, smart, nerdy kid. He was always destined to be successful. That field trip had zero impact on his future, he was never going to end up in prison anyways .

People already know prison is a miserable existence, I don't know that seeing it up close really deters people from a life of crime.

Eric! and juggawatta like this.
  10. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

This latest fuckstain of a human being actually said, "I want to be a professional school shooter (I guess he either didn't know the definition of the word professional or thought he could get paid to do this?)." What does that tell you?

Tells me, that people are learning to do this as it becomes more and more recognized thanks to the media. I hate to say it, but mass shootings are a trend. Used to be, people who were depressed, angry, pissed off at the world, whatever, killed themselves. Now, they're going out in a blaze of glory.

It's like that movie Scream. If you were alive at all post 1996 I'm sure you've seen it. But if not, here goes: There is a scene in which (and I'm paraphrasing here) the always gorgeous Neve Campbell tells the killer that he is crazy because he has seen too many horror movies, to which the killer replies that it isn't the movies that made him crazy; he was always crazy but horror movies gave him more creativity. E.G. Disturbed human beings see things and copy them.

It's just my opinion, but I think 90% of the mass shootings after Columbine wouldn't have happened if Columbine wasn't ever in the news for two to three weeks.

Forget showing the carnage. I think they should stop reporting on it all together. There. I said it.

MochaMood, Eric! and juggawatta like this.
  11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I saw this video posted somewhere, it's a snapchat video that one student took while in a classroom on lockdown during the shooting. You can't see any "carnage", as the shooter is in a different classroom, but it does give you a tiny taste of the terror experienced by the survivors (it really ends at 22 seconds, the rest is just repeats of the original video, but in slow motion).

I have to say that the video was uncomfortable, but I would be shocked if viewing such material would have much effect on the anti gun control crowd, or on people who would commit such similar acts of violence. The NRA folks will go on repeating meaningless platitudes about how "people kill people", even as the bodies of children pile up at their feet.

MochaMood, Eric! and juggawatta like this.
  12. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

It doesn't fucking work. People will always believe what they want, especially religious republican gun nuts. Don't underestimate how thick headed and delusional people can be. Remember the Boston marathon pics? Graphic pics of a poor guys leg blown off and people on here were posting how it was so fake, crisis actors with makeup, and the guy never had any legs to begin with... Meanwhile rational people are scarred for life.

juggawatta and unfocusedanakin like this.
  13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, my post was tongue-in-cheek.

14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have no problems with a guy who is shooting people openly being shot dead by the forces of the law. That is exactly what happened to the guy who murdered one of Christina's friends on Westminster bridge and I doubt that anyone shed any tears for him. However when a domestic situation, fueled by fantasy results in the killing of an innocent man, it is the job of the legal system to leave no stone unturned in order to discover the full truth.

juggawatta likes this.
  15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I guess it has to be done just right. And not with kids on a field trip, like in Meliai's case lol. That sounds retarded.
    But with real problem kids who have already come in contact with police for serious offenses or trying to become a gang member.
    It will of course never be the whole solution.

Same in the situation of a mass shooter actually. The cops should only aim to kill if it prevents (more) victims.

16. Eric!

Holy Shit.........
    had an effect on me!

17. Eric!

i watched it a couple times now, and I'm even more mad at the fact that he is still alive..................

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I dont know why we keep them alive.

Seriously doubt our high and mighty society will collapse if someone puts a bullet in Breivik's head or the likes of him

Does more to encourage future douchebags by keeping them alive

Eric! likes this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I watched it

Those poor kids

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It is a waste of funds and a waste of breath but I do think keeping them alive can be useful in studying the psychology and building a profile of the typical mass murderer

Asmodean and YouFreeMe like this.