shoulder pets

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by PetLover, Jan 25, 2005.

1. PetLover

PetLover Member

I love having an animal with me. I have always wanted a pet that would like to just chill on my shoulder and b where I am. I finally found that pet. I have rats and mice, they are great but too active to be happy on my shoulder for long and a cat and dog which don't even fit on my shoulder. HunnyBun is it though. He is amazing. I guess this thread is mainly to gush about my Ball Python (who is named after Patty's snake in the book Stranger In A Strange Land). He is always with me in the house, and often when I go out to parties. I can hardly wait untill it is warm enough out that he can be with me all the time. What is your favorite shoulder pet?

2. Heaven

Heaven Senior Member

my guinea pigs Frida and Wilma! One on the right and one on the left shoulder! :p

3. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

Mooch and Butters the rats. i used to have five and i'd wear a hoody and they'd all jump in the hood and strangle me

4. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

oooh you have a snake! i once knew this albino cornsnake... she was about three feet long, and pinky/orange... so beautiful. i'd put her around my neck and she would climb all through my hair, and poke her little face out at random. i miss her. a snake is, by far, the best "shoulder pet."

5. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I have a hedgehog. not really a shoulde pet; more of a pocket pet, but in summer I put her in her little hedgie carrier (like a tiny frontal backpack) and take her shopping, walking, to outdoor events, etc, and she usually just sleeps:)I love it! I love "portable" pets:)

6. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Aww that's sweet.
    Never gone in for shoulder pets. Though Branwen is a glorified lap warmer, as is Casey when he feels like it (which is next to never)
    They go on a rabbit leash too and have little walks in the garden. So are reasonably portable.
    I agree it's wonderful to have an animal to carry around and chill with.