Should women have equal rights?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Luvrgrl, May 8, 2004.

1. Luvrgrl

Luvrgrl Member

Or maybe the better question is "Why shouldn't they?"

What do yall think?

2. Megara

Megara Banned

i'm all for complete equality in this country.

That means men and women pay equal for health insurance, life iinsurance, car insurance.....they have to send in a draft card like everyone else...

then we can finally be equal in this country.

3. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I'm all for women having to be drafted; since I would refuse to go anyway. I don't see why getting equal rights is still so hard these days.

4. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

Of course women should have equal rights, I think. like, we do all the same things, and actually carry around a child we're the useful species (no offense) cuz science has found a way to like, replace sex... so all women need is sperm to procreate. BUT we do need men for their strength, so both sides need/want each other, both equally in need, both equally accepted.

5. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

males and females should be the same. period.

I still dont get why some employers pay less money to female employees...it's the fucking 21st century for jpj's sake!!!:mad:

6. Hippie_Muncher

Hippie_Muncher Member

My Mother In law put it best!
    If a woman strives to be equal with men she has rather low standards!

7. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

8. veinglory

veinglory Member

Is anyone really going to say 'no'?

9. BoyTheo

BoyTheo Member

Idiot. This is a lie, made by whining power crazed feminists.

Why power crazed? Because females waltz through life using victim power. The more of a victim they make tehmselves out to be, the more they get men to do things for them.

In reality, you victim power idiots are actually being discriminated FOR.

Where is the equal opportunities for men commission? Who cares that most of the homeless and unemployed are male? Not feminists, not you.

If almost all the homeless and unemployed and underacheiving were female, would you care?? Yep.

In other words, you are a manipulative self victimising scoundrel.

10. BoyTheo

BoyTheo Member

Women only want to discriminate against men.

here's the full story in reality (which is different from your lies):

1) Females were never been discriminated against. A long time ago before any of you whining feminists were born, males and females had different but mostly overall equal roles. In fact females had life slightly easier, but not much so.
    2) Females were given with the full support of males, the freedom to choose from their own roles or male roles, while males were not given any more freedom.
    3) Females then decided that they don't have enough power or an easy enough of a life, so they created a feminist campaign to create lies that they are being discriminated against, which demanded as a solution to discriminate against innocent males who had never discriminated against them.

Back in the 1960's, all never married women were earning slightly mor than never married men. This is still the case today.

A few things here: Females never had things worse than males. But males did hav things worse than females, and then they had things made even worse than that for no reason, simply because females are evil.

11. BoyTheo

BoyTheo Member

There goes your pretense of caring about equality. Selfish sexist dominating uncaring liar.

12. Graham

Graham Member

Ha that guy must be on drugs or something.. Get a clue and come back please

13. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

He's always been like that, it's crap I can be bothered to argue with.

My theory goes the males and females were born equal. We have the same number of chromosone, same organs (bar the obvious), are each unique in positive ways that should work in harmony. The yin and yang principle.
    So why all the sexist crap?
    I don't know, but it seems that the most devoutly sexist men are very pathetic and insecure.

I am a feminist by default. Simply because ever since the age of ten I have been aware of the pointless illogical discrimination women face and I will/can not sit back and accept it.

TTFN

Sage

14. sky_pink

sky_pink er... what's the time?

I guess I'm not for complete equality. Carrying around heavy boxes is not my cup of tea. Rather unhealthy for women.

15. superNova

superNova Member

such an insightful question..

maybe i'll post a thread asking, "Should we all have available oxygen?" or "Should African-Americans have equal rights?"

sorry not to be overly sarcastic, but really now.

16. kayatree

kayatree Member

*deep breath*

It's really hard reading your posts...

A close friend of mine is one of twenty full time professors at a prestigious college in upstate New York. She's worked there for over 20 years... brought millions of dollars into the school for grants and research projects, travels to Europe and Asia at least four times a year to lecture on her profession and her (four) books. She's revolutionized aspects of her plane of expertise....

Two years ago there was a study done by students at that very same college on the amount of money that all professors earned in a year (associate, adjunct, full time). The students found that almost all of the women (including my friend) professors were consistently paid less in all categories. Since then the school has been forced to equalize salaries and conduct annual productivity reports on all of their teachers.

The feminists are pissed because it's true. It happens. It's the 21st century.

kayatree

17. dotadave

dotadave Member

Hey guys racism sucks am i rite?

I doubt you'll get a representative sample here. You might as well go to the national democratic convention and ask for a show of hands as to who wants the shrub out of office.

18. warthog

warthog Member

women are smarter..thats right! man works from sun to sun but womans work is never done ,yeah they are over worked &, underpayed...

19. dotadave

dotadave Member

I would say women should be allowed in combat if they can pass the same standards as then men but, I've seen some reports that men don't always have to pass that standard. As far as the draft goes the point is moot for me since I think the draft is evil no matter who gets recruited.

20. warthog

warthog Member

we dont have the draft do we????EEEMMMMM!!!!