Should we open our marriage?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by TomSmithen, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

Can of worms because most people are not open-minded.

2. MellowDonna

MellowDonna Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but I feel the need to respond.

Karen, thank you for your defense while I was out of town.

Monkjr, when you were 5, how aware were you of your parent's private lives? What went on behind closed doors or when they went out for the evening and left you with a sitter or relatives? It's no different for us. We don't have intimate conversations with our daughter about adult matters whether it's sexual, financial, relationships, or any of the other things adults discuss that are more mature subjects.

3. AustAl

AustAl Guest

Well said Donna. It's not your children's business nor is it anyone else's business what you do in the bedroom.

For the OP, perhaps you could sit down and watch a show on swinging together and talk about it. There's a reality show on Playboy TV online called Swing. It shows the good and bad and is very thought provoking and will generate a lot of discussion.

You may find that if or when you give her permission to act on her urges, the excitement and thrill of it may go away. It is possible she feels somewhat trapped and the reverse psychology of allowing her free reign may stop her urges.

Good luck my friend, I hope it works out for you.