Should the US Intervene in Libya?

Discussion in 'Political Polls' started by skip, Feb 28, 2011.

1. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

We cannot allow for lesser countries to get away with insulting us

2. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

People like the crazy colonel need to be stopped. There are still too many of them.

3. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

maybe we should start with our very own crazies first then?

4. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Point taken ... still, standing by and watching don't seem to be the right thing.

No political leader should be giving orders to open fire on civilian population.

5. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

even the Libyans don't want intervention... they love their Colonel... it's all been one big media/military/elite ploy... as usual....

6. Glowstick

Glowstick member

I'm happy 152, no has the majority here. And I completely fucking agree with you.

7. stonk

stonk Member

Why are people so against merely using the east to secure our oil in the west. So long as we are paying for it and not stealing it, thats fine isnt it?
    i am all in favour of sending in troops to secure the oil fields because I am a realist and the reality is that we need oil and Gadaffi will remain in power and refuse to sell oil to the west. The only reason the west allowed him to stay in power was because they did a good deal over oil.
    People should realise that life is a struggle for self preservation and co-operation. I have no shame in saying we should get what we need and thats all we should be using other countries for. I am against the revolution in Libya if it means higher oil prices or if the revolution fails and we get no oil - IMHO they should have kept their noses out of Libya in the first place - revolution isnt the business of the westand neither is humanitarian aid - running our economies is the business of the west and i dont see that helping a revolution is making oil any cheaper

8. Individual

Individual Senior Member

9. pothead911

pothead911 Member

Honestly, Arabs dont like it when US pokes their nose into their stuff. Sure say that there have been peacetalks before and aid and deals but its a different story off the record.

10. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

11. andyreckx

andyreckx Member

OMG. Why can't our government realize that if they just switch over to a refined resource like vegioil biodiesel theres more money to be made. The country has been taxing the hell outta people for years, polititions rob the country already and most lobbyists are the ones with the deepest pockets.They all want good supply and demand. If the government got off its stubborn rump and supplied america the resources liek the cars and special facilities to power homes and other instututions that their would be more money to be made by these government fiends and the earth would be mildly affected
    by the change for the better. the government gives away food stamps why cant they stop useing oil we dont need oil
    the other cat is right its more of a power struggle of reputation and political national standing by way of rank this is more childish then before the govenment figured out how bad schools were that called for such a huge stimulus and more money for education ha
    Ignorant american government. Some of our societys are great though
    Some. Im not an america hater. A collective finanical tyrant rebel would be the correct label,though.
    too bad some go over to fight for these fool
    -cheerz

12. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

don't worry, i'm sure america will only get properly involved right at the end.

13. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

14. dreamtimer

dreamtimer Guest

If we don't stop spending our money to kill people and start producing, we'll end up bankrupt just like Russia did. I believe that we are well on our way now.

15. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

Its sad but I think CIA and big war will be the only thing that can keep the USA a superpower for some more years since its economy isnt that any more...and peak brain also happened.

16. stonk

stonk Member

Its terrible what he did to Elvis but that was so long ago now - forgive and forget I say

17. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

18. Dancing til Dawn

Dancing til Dawn Senior Member

Nope - people should tend their own gardens as they know them better than anyone :sunny:

19. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

20. nicholaynik

nicholaynik Guest

Enough with the wars already. The soldier's that have been gone for what seems like forever, need to come back to their families.