Should the US Intervene in Libya?

Discussion in 'Political Polls' started by skip, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Frogfoot

Frogfoot Member

Nothing is easy or cheap when it comes to US force being projected throughout the world. Enough already... and Iraq had a high standard of living for their region as well prior to the US invasion of it. It is a different culture in Libya, if not a different world, and America needs to stop thinking that it has either the ability, or the understanding, or for that matter the money, to allow it to go around the world righting its wrongs. We're building infrastructure in Afghanistan (whose people don't particularly want us there) while we're told we can't afford teachers at home. Oh and on and on... let's take care of ourselves first and then when our house is in order take a wider look at the world.

2. willedwill

willedwill Member

We should then cut off all understanding of ties to Northern Africa and get isolationist. We get involved in the japanese concern but we won't project our concerns in specifically Libya, because it is there a lost cause to know how Arabs portray their values for Atrocity vs. real Genocide.

I believe we can judge the Libyan government for it's suspect faithless BELIEFS of the POWER crushing the weak. Can the masses decide in the long run their Conscience at fighting their War, as for the definition of the Rebels' cause? I really feel that that is doubtful and that authoritative governments should decide. We know so little where the authority is.

Sounds contradictory, but Americans never had the power to convince Arabs about authority let alone themselves.

3. in the woods

in the woods Member

the us. has its nose in too deep as it is with other countrys as it is let the fool hang him self im sure his own countrymen will serve him justice sooner or later if given a chance too

4. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Why should there be costly military intervention in this civil, tribal war? which in reality will be shouldered by the US taxpayer. In any case the oil for guns wheel of fortune, misfortune will invariably continue which ever side wins.

The French and British will certainly hope to position themselves to profit from the full out. New regime new opportunities, new prizes. In the mean time the price of oil can be messaged a little higher with all this talk of military intervention. Good for the city traders and bad for most other people. Good for the Tsar of Arabia.

5. thedocisin

thedocisin Member

Provide a no-fly zone so the rebels have a chance.

6. bud James bud

bud James bud Guest

We need to assist the rebels..
    They want to fight for the right to be free
    Im not saying invade...however it is our moral
    obligation to help any body who asks for it.
    I have lived in the Middle East for 3 years
    so IM confident in my thoughts.At the same time
    we need to be out of Iraq etc.... ASAP
    they do not want our help and they are not willing to fight
    We need to stand up...be strong...be fair...and be smart
    ok...let the bashing begin

7. rsmith656

rsmith656 Guest

Governments are in the Bissness of creating problems in order to solve them. Is it posable that the current state of affers in ther middle east have been instgated for alteiar motives by thired partys?

8. rsmith656

rsmith656 Guest

Bud james, It just might be possable that some one out there is pulling some heavy strings to get the U.S. to step in a biger mess them were allready in.

9. rsmith656

rsmith656 Guest

:scholar:I have Know Idea What the flip Im doing.why do i have three pages?

10. iluvt60s

iluvt60s Guest

ever look at civilzations in the past who had great worriors and armys, ever notice the civilized ones and respected ones built their armys to protect thier homeland and not let others in their walls like troy, spartans. rome and then their were the ones who everybody feared that traveled over many lands to conquer, steal, and destroy, like the vikings, pirates and so forth.

11. tahiti1212

tahiti1212 Guest

US mind your own damn business for once

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

The US mind has diminished capacity, this way they are capable of murder and get away with it..

13. weedwhisperer

weedwhisperer Member

No! America needs to stop being the damn peace keeper for once. Why don't we be selfish for once and try to get our debt in check?

14. Amyoxl

Amyoxl Member

Amen

15. OptimisticFutureBlues

OptimisticFutureBlues Member

I voted no. No hardware, no aid, nothing. The U.S needs to fix its own problems first. Then worry about others. I say no aid because Japan needs it more. I'm sure France can handle the Libya thing. We owe Japan one I figure, for nuking their country....twice.

It took us 3-4 years to get involved in World War II. This was just because Japan attacked us. People were dying then, by the hundreds of thousands. We sent plenty of aid and hardware but no soldiers. I think that is where this should stop. We already have soldiers in that area, this is appearing to be a discreet conquest of the middle east. We just don't seem to like sand people.

16. BIIman63

BIIman63 Guest

Sit your family down at the dinner table after fixing a large, delicious feast. Then take all the food to a neighbor down the street and leave your family hungry. Pretty much describes America unfortunately. We can NOT save the world and leave our own starving in the streets!

17. arabian

arabian Guest

we dont need war for bulding a nice world
    the west only fight for oil
    why they dont stop dictator of yemen or the king of bahrein
    all we know rhe rest of histoy about israel

18. ScottDK420

ScottDK420 Banned

Humanatarian Aid is all we should do, and let the people revolt if the can, and free themselves, anyway it is their nation, not the US or it's property and while I hate seeing the revolters/protesters killed by the military , it is thier military and their countrys revolt, and we should help out the sick,injured and hungry people, not start another war, and seal or fate as opponents of all the middle eastern countries like we seem to be ,at least be the actions of our government in the Middle East.

19. ScottDK420

ScottDK420 Banned

"America I've given you all and now I'm nothing.
    America two dollars and twenty-seven cents January 17, 1956.
    I can't stand my own mind.
    America when will we end the human war?
    Go fuck yourself with your atom bomb
    I don't feel good don't bother me.
    I won't write my poem till I'm in my right mind.
    America when will you be angelic?
    When will you take off your clothes?
    When will you look at yourself through the grave?
    When will you be worthy of your million Trotskyites?
    America why are your libraries full of tears?
    America when will you send your eggs to India?
    I'm sick of your insane demands.
    When can I go into the supermarket and buy what I need with my good looks?" - Allen Ginsberg

Good poem, been a long time since I have seen and read it!!

20. ScottDK420

ScottDK420 Banned

The government leaders and oil companies are the ones that are in charge of who the US fights, hate them not the people, we do not want you or any other person to die for oil or anything. And I do not know anything about the rest of the history of Isreal to come in the future, that is what it seems like you are saying. If you know the future then change the world! If it was not for the US, Canada,and Europe buying the overpriced oil from the middle East, the people their would be all herders of goats and sheep like most were before oil was being bought in large amounts in 1900 or so. No rich Saudi Shieks in mercedes and in huge mansions, they would be rich ,but would be in a smaller more outdated home,just like 100+ years ago..I wish we did not need the oil from the Middle East or Oil at all, and the people could see how living in tents and herding camels,goats and sheep all day and night ,with no TV, air conditiong, Cars or anything would be. I wish they had never gotten into oil and had found something better and not as polluting to provide energy for the western nations, all Middle Eastern people would likely be living in povert moreso than they are now, much like Afghanistan. That is more like what the middle east would be had we never bought the oil, tribes living is squalor and poverty, nomads, tribal wars, death, no money, nothing but slavery basicly is what it would be there, they should be kissing our asses that we have given them so much wealth,although it's only for small numbers compared to overall population, but fuck your oil,go back to herding goats and shit if you hate us, I am not a war type, but so many talk shit about the US and Europe and so on, but the motherfuckers would still be in the stoneage if not for us buying that fucking oil, so your welcome ungrateful bastards, it was not my choice to buy your fucking oil, but I don't call the shots, you people are lucky the British,and US did not bomb the whole region and take all your oil,and kill all of the arabs,middle easterners,etc..they would have if they would have know how the fucking bastards would have used oil to play power and make money and stanglehold our economy, so quit bitching their morroco man, you know not all of what you speak!!