Should the US Intervene in Libya?

Discussion in 'Political Polls' started by skip, Feb 28, 2011.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Should the US Intervene in Libya? And if so, how?

2. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

No I think the US has stuck their noses in enough bullshit. We need to focus on ourselves for a little while and try (will never happen) to get out of the economic mess that we are in.

3. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

nope! we know what happens when America intervenes and why they do it...

4. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

no, reagan tried that in the 80's ... and all it succeeded in doing was give gadaffi another quarter century in power

best leave it to the grown-ups this time :mickey:

5. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I like the results of the poll so far. I don't think we should directly involve ourselves in Libya's current state of events. Maybe offering some humanitarian aid or something of the sorts would prove to be useful. I think the UN should take some sort of handle on things. I mean, people getting shot to death by their countries military after coming directly from a mosque? Things are most definitely out of hand. Regardless, I hope the best for the people of Libya.

6. papa wolf

papa wolf Member

Yes , if we are going to continue down our well worn path of global domination , bullying , intimidation , policing the world , supporting and making tyrant puppet regimes and our all consuming drive and quest for oil . Then yes , we simply must invade now ! I think history has shown , that we simply can't mind our own fucking business , and that the American tax payer is a sucker .

BOMBS AWAY !

7. Amyoxl

Amyoxl Member

Definitely not, and we need to get the hell out of the mideast altogether, including Israel.

8. prana

prana Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  9. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Yes, it should provide Humanitarian Aid
    Yes, it should provide Military Advisers
    Yes, it should provide Military hardware

There should have been a simple "Yes" too.

I don't. Not every time.

10. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

No more war! Honestly. Provide humanitarian aid.

11. Obscured

Obscured Member

A people must revolt on their own for anything meaningful to come out of it. If they had leadership and were willing to negotiate for some assistance I might be OK but we shouldn't be intervening on our own.

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No,and we should get completely out of the middle east and africa. Their attention has been gotten regarding the changing of their governments by us intervening over there and now it's time to let them decide what they want like we decided in the 1700s. They'll either fight for a democratic process or they won't. It's time we healed our own society and plug the rat hole into which our tax dollars are going.

13. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Please remember what the US IS and is NOT doing. When you come to talk of this issue in the future please remember what IS true and what ISN'T.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

we'd only be lieing to ourselves if we didnt think the us was already there meddling before the uprising

15. Obscured

Obscured Member

Most modern countries meddle with others in some way. I don't believe the US did anything that caused this uprising.

16. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Considering Libyan jets are bombing protester held towns again I'm all for a no fly zone. Apparently Britain, and yes I said Britain, might do one unilaterally. Aw our little Britain is finally growing up.

17. Misterman

Misterman Member

America got help from the French in the American Revolution, So no good came out of that?

18. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

your little britain is the reason Gadaffi doesn't have a nuclear weapon, Blair and his governmet talked him into abandoning his nuclear program way back in 2003

19. Obscured

Obscured Member

We had leadership and worked out deals with the French. The French didn't unilaterally intervene on their own.

20. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

It wasn't just Blair, it was a joint effort by the British and American governments along with the UN through the IAEA.
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/libya/nuclear.htm

Britain was especially important as a mediator though since the US and Libya didn't have full relations until after Gaddafi agreed to this along with bombing restitution.