Should the death penalty ever be used?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The_Moroccan_Raccoon, Aug 18, 2008.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Here's another one: Maurice Taylor decapitated his 12 year old son and his 13 year old daughter. Life in prison--or kill the bastard?

2. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

If I had my way I would string him up by his balls.
    Roast them over a blow lamp.
    THEN I would kill the bastard! :)

wrat1 and scratcho like this.
  3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

in cases of politically organized mass murder, it has been argued that the death penalty is too lenient.

for terrorist hate crimes, against multiple victims of a category, such as race, ideology or life style.
    i think having a death penalty is one kind of a slippery slope for anything else, while lack of deterrence can also be one too.

people with "short fuses" need psychological help BEFORE they kill someone.
    (and narcissism should be a disqualifier for ANY political office)

DrRainbow likes this.
  4. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

Those type of prisoners then get treated like the general population. I vote torture.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

No.
    If the answer to suffering was to inflict more suffering, we'd all be living in a perpetual state of ecstatic bliss by now.

themnax likes this.
  6. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Yes absolutely! it should be used more frequently with less obstructions/appeals

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Negative. The death penalty is absolutely obsolete. It doesn't work unless barbarically employed immediately after a crime has been committed; which by its very nature leaves no time for due process, fair trial, and prosecution.

No it should not.

The death penalty is not a deterrent. As evidence I would show that people are murdering anyway, and at an alarming rate. They don't think they'll get caught or something is what I can figure, and/or they feel justified in taking a life - which is NEVER acceptable if memory serves. :)

No.

The death penalty does not work. Life imprisonment accomplishes the same thing in a more humane world. The death penalty is archaic.

People would have you consider the cost of inmates - PLEASE! Life imprisonment is an adequate deterrent and punishment.

themnax and Piobaire like this.