Should Prostitution be Legal?

Discussion in 'Sex Polls' started by foxydave, May 16, 2013.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That's a factor outside of prostitution. That's related to sex; not prostitution. If that's a legitimate enough reason to keep prostitution illegal--where people aren't tested at all--then it would be grounds for making sex in general illegal.

I hope I'm not coming across as a combative bitch. That's not my intention. But your attitude is akin to admitting that since some dirty restaurant has yet to be shut down for health violations, that we should do away with all standards in the food and beverage industry. There was a cockroach in a McDonald's, so let's turn control of McDonald's over to pimps and hustlers.

Legalizing it might not make it fool proof, but the safety standards both prostitutes and their customers could expect would be millions of times better than what is expected now. Improving something always seems like the way to go.

2. Kerri

Kerri Members

No not at all! I appreciate the conversation!

In the end I think it's muddy. It's not clear what the impacts would be on crime, trafficking and women's rights.

I think while std testing is related to sex, the notion that regulations make the industry safe is a falsity because of testing limitations. If regulations don't make the industry safe i'm not sure - for me anyway - that it's a compelling argument.

I can imagine a scenario where testing and treatment improves so that's not an issue. For me, at that point I'd certainly reconsider the question. that doesn't invalidate your opinion or make mine right, the health thing - specifically the potential for proliferation - is a deal breaker for me

3. Kerri

Kerri Members

The restaurant thing is not at all what I'm saying btw. What I'm saying is let's make sure we have a system in place for ensuring we're not serving hiv positive cockroaches.

4. Kerri

Kerri Members

Gotta run to get the kiddos to lacrosse. Thanks for the chat!

2 people like this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That's alright. I gotta get some actual work done.

1 person likes this.
  6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm actually wondering what you think? Would the number of people offering increase?

7. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

It's just like legalizing drugs.

1 person likes this.
  8. YouCanTrustMe

YouCanTrustMe Average Size Member

Abortion is legal (wrong in MY opinion), but if a woman has a right to choose, prostitution should be legal, too.

9. C3po

C3po Members

Yes, sex has been around longer than humans, It's in our nature. lets take the criminal element out of it, improve control over STD's and make legal money off the taxes of the industry that will form it's legalization.

10. CrazyGuy

CrazyGuy Members

Yes, because i could make some $$$

11. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

Yes I do I would never admit this years ago but yes. They need health scans and rules around it but I think it should be legal.

12. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Firstly, I am clearly against any form of sex trafficking and forcing minors into prostitution. Clearly Against! That said, I do believe sex between consenting adults, be it for money, barter, or trade should a controlled industry. Should it taxed? Yes,just like almost everything else. Enforcement of safety and health must paramount. The question is: Should it be organized or freelance? That’s where the lines get blurry when it comes to safety and health.

13. NakedGator

NakedGator Members

Absolutely.