Should men wear pants like Leggings in public-Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Lingerie & Costumes' started by Ralfee, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Ralfee

Ralfee Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What’s your opinion?

Pros: 1. Why not show off the outline of your ‘goods'?

2. Equity of the sexes, ‘good for the goose, good for the gander’

3 This isn’t the Victorian period, why not show the outline of you package/ass?

Cons: a It’s just not socially acceptable, because…. well , it just isn’t.

b. I already have enough of a challenge hiding my erections.

c. I don’t want anyone to know what size I may be, before we ‘hook up.’

2. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

As only about half are in good bodily condition and that's being generous ,I would say keep covered up .

I wear slim fit denims and chinos when I go out. Many others of my age tend to wear loose fitting . That says it all to me .

I think a person should dress according to their body condition/shape whether being male or female . Just my view

upload_2022-2-21_8-32-22.jpeg

NubbinsUp likes this.
  3. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

I say people should wear what they want to and not worry about other people's opinions and being judgmental.
    Plenty of women of all shapes and sizes wear leggings simply because they are comfortable and not because of the tight fit and wanting to show anything off.
    Men could be the same. I wear leggings sometimes, but the problem is the seam down the middle is often uncomfortable, so mine are gym leggings that are seamless. They are a tight fit and highlight the 'package' but with a t-shirt they are relaxing and nothing is on show.

Sagewynd and Captain Scarlet like this.
  4. Ralfee

I want to avoid the question of whether ’certain body types’ should be wearing tight clothing ( which applies to BOTH genders.)

My question is focused more on that society has an obvious double standard that it is OK for women to wear snug and revealing clothing in public but men are not. I’ve no issue with women wearing such clothes, I’m all for it, but if a man walks around in public with any type of clothing that is reveals the outline of his goods, he is more often looked at negatively. Why is that?

Wearing leggings is so popular now with women, so why is society so against similar snug pants by men?

Men wearing tight jeans or chinos are not only ok, but thought of as sexy, but if a man wears pants that has some spandex in it, in public, they have crossed ‘THE LINE.’ Why is that?

Sagewynd likes this.
  5. Chef

Chef Members

6. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Probably because women tend to have gentler curves and more suited to tighter clothing . A guys body is more functional than beautiful but as I am straight ,I may be biassed .

But for me the most beautiful womans body will always be nicer in my eyes than the best guys body and if she has it flaunt it .

Oh and I have a decent guys body as well, as I workout 6 days a week with bumps in the right places :)

Again just my view

Its probably a question best aimed at the ladies for their views

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know what my choice would be :)

7. Longstone

Longstone Members

There’s a few reasons that I would explore. Thoughts not opinions from me.

it’s less overtly sexual for a woman to wear tight leggings than for a man. Most women won’t get camel toe but there’s no hiding a guys Johnson.

Most people just don’t want to see some guys wedding veg whilst walking around a supermarket.

Most guys who would actively choose to wear them are likely to be exhibitionists or otherwise inviting other people to look at their junk.

Parents don’t want to have to explain genitalia to their young offspring whilst out shopping nor have to cope with the embarrassing moment when one child loudly proclaims “that old man has got an ugly carrot in his trousers”.

I’m sure there’s more reasons people can give

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  8. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

In public, such as during a run or to participate in a yoga class? Sure, yes.

In public. such as to a meeting with teachers or administrators at his child's school, or to make a presentation to the board of directors of the corporation that he works for? No, bad idea.

It really isn't difficult to tell when it's proper and when it isn't. A cheese and bean burrito may be a tasty meal, but don't eat one in church during your mother's funeral. There, that wasn't too difficult, I hope.

9. Varmint

Varmint Member

I like the burrito bit. As an aside, a few pickled vienna sausages or eggs with cheese would "accentuate" the burrito effect, as would a Purina Dog Bisguit. Don't ask how I learned this. I just had to say it.

10. Ralfee

I would not wear leggings to church or a business meeting but was thinking more of everyday, casual outings, like grocery shopping or meeting friends out. I understand the “Time and Place” concept, aka certain clothing is not appropriate for certain settings.

The point of my post is that women’s fashion is “athletic leisure wear” which is clothing previously only worn during exercise is now hip to wear as everyday casual wear. Yoga clothes, leggings, sports tops and other snug fit clothing are OK to wear for shopping and everyday activities but that thinking does NOT translate to men wearing exercise inspired clothing in casual everyday areas. Why?

I’m very ok with this trend for women’s fashion, and in fact I love it. I’m all for women being empowered, comfortable and having a positive body image. Why can't men do and feel the same?

Men have worn snug clothing for years in lots of exercise activities (cycling, at gyms, skaters, ballot dancers, etc) but men’s fashion can’t do the same as the women’s fashion.

This is 2022, isn’t it time to get past simply seeing just the OUTLINE of a man’s goods as being too ‘vulgar, threating, or overtly sexual’?

Sagewynd likes this.
  11. Dianne with 2 nn's

Dianne with 2 nn's Members

I do yoga and I've been wearing compression tights so my clothing for class doesn't hinder my movement. My wife recently surprised me with a pair of 100 denier footless tights and what a difference they made! regular yoga pants felt almost loose by comparison and my compression tights were actually more than constricting the footless 100 denier tights gave some compression but they have a wonderful softness to them and aren't as constricting. they're made by MeMoi and available on Amazon if anyone is interested (I hope its ok to post this.) Yes, I've worn leggings, yoga pants and the footless tights in public and haven't had negative comments. My yoga instructor did say "It's about time." The first time I wore them in class though. Otherwise nothing negative. I do catch some women checking me out in them and I'm not the only guy in class wearing leggings.

For those unfamiliar with
    "denier" it's an indicator of the fabric's weight and opaqueness.
    IE: 20 denier and less is sheer. Somewhere around 40 to 50 denier wouldn't show too much through the tights depending on how bulky you are.

Sagewynd likes this.
  12. konk500

konk500 Guest

I'm all for it! And skimpy little speedos at the beach too! Life is short - why not have some fun!

JeffT, The Shark and Sagewynd like this.
  13. Ralfee

Dianne with 2 nn'said “Yes, I've worn leggings, yoga pants and the footless tights in public and haven't had negative comment.”
    This gets to the heart of the issue in that since 100 denier is NOT see through and you being out with your wife, all suggest that you are not really looking to be an exhibitionist or trolling for some 'action' but rather you are simply wearing what is comfortable for you.
    1 How did you feel when you’re out in public in your yoga wear? Even if no one was bold enough to say anything, did you feel like people were ‘UN-approving?”
    2 How does your wife feel about it? Is she supportive/encouraging, or does she wish that you would cover up your groin?

Dianne with 2 nn's likes this.
  14. Dianne with 2 nn's

Dianne with 2 nn's Members

Generally, I walk in like I own the room. I'm slim so I believe I look good. There are some looks from time to time and the very occasional snicker, I've had gay guys proposition me if I'm alone and more than once I've felt a (hopefully) woman's had cop a feel in a crowd - but there ain't many crowds lately. I do hear "Nice legs" or "I like your tights" on occasion from either men or women. Having men attracted doesn't bother me. I'm bi so I take it all in stride. I'm smart enough to avoid areas with children. As far as covering up. I wear a quilted dance belt so there's no outline visible. She's ok as long as I'm going to or coming from yoga class. It's all in the presentation and timing of where and when to step out.

MasseurNaturel and Ralfee like this.
  15. dkcurious

dkcurious Senior Member

Have no problem wearing thongs or g-string's. But not trying to wear leggings. Just me though, if it is somebody 's cup of tea more power to you.

Happy Guy likes this.
  16. JM01

JM01 Members

In public? No. In private? Still no. Lol

17. Ralfee

Clarifications
    A There are many names for leggings like tights, compression pants, exercise pants-call them whatever, the commonality is that they are snug pants.
    B No one is forcing any man to wear them, of course and I agree with ‘do what is comfortable for you’. If you don’t like them, then don’t wear them.
    C I’m not a nudist and I don’t consider myself an exhibitionist, so I my primary intent is NOT to “show off” in public, rather more like " it is what it is’.
    D I’m not gay or bi thus I am NOT looking to attract men for a hookup. I’ve got no issues with the gay or bi lifestyle, it just isn’t me.
    E I’m married so neither am I looking to attract women for a hookup. I like pretty women and appreciate beauty in the world.
    F I AM into riding my bicycle, including in the cooler months, and I have often worn snug cycling pants for years.

Over time, I have gotten comfortable with them, as well as the snug bike shorts in summer, and after riding I often stop at grocery store or go to a fast food restaurant for some food, all in in my biking attire. No big deal.

My issue is that the second I wear similar snug pants to a grocery or fast food outlet, WITHOUT exercise before doing so, NOW it is INappropriate.

Why?

18. wifekaty

wifekaty Members

"Its probably a question best aimed at the ladies for their views"

If you aim a question "at the ladies" on this site you had better be
    qualified sniper grade Marine Corps, or a descendant of Alvin York.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  19. wifekaty

wifekaty Members

20. Ralfee

I welcome the views of the ladies.
    Since you are a lady, would you be so kind as to explain your answer?
    And why does asking such a question seem to 'generate ire from women', as you suggest?