Should Jesus be idolized and is that breaking the first commandment?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Nov 25, 2018.

1. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Your disrespectful nature does not encourage interaction.
    They are not impossible to follow.
    Sigh. They are possible to follow.
    And if a person is unrepentant and continues in wrong doing how is he to expect blessings from God.
    How would you feel if people disrespected you. Ignored your guidance. Ignored even your existence even when the evidence is plain to see.
    Comparing the creator of the universe to Hitler is so disrespectful

2. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Why, when they are both genocidal pricks who torture and murder babies?

The only way you can say what you say is if you have developed an immoral double moral standard.

Here is proof positive that most Christian do the immoral thing you have done.

Regards
    DL

3. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Nice way to twist the story of Job around. God did not commit those acts, Satan did. God allowed Satan to test his integrity because Satan charged that man only served God out of what we can get from him and not out of love. Yes, some children were killed but were replaced. God and Jesus have the keys to life and death and know the absolute truth about it. They know what happens when we die.

4. Which Satanic charges does God take seriously? Can Satan just go around accusing anyone of anything to God, and God will be like, "Well let's find out"?

5. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

He does not have anything to do with Satan and the demons. They are down here with us ruling the world and misleading mankind

6. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

You do a lot of lying to justify your God's murders, when he himself admits that he did not have a just cause.

Your moral sense has been corrupted by your belief when you will condemn the hit man while letting the crime boss who sent him off the hook.

Thanks for showing yourself as a perfect example of what that link shows of the corrupted Christian moral sense.

Regards
    DL

7. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

If Satan can make God sin as shown in that clip once, then she can make God sin many times which is what scriptures clearly have God doing every time he kills instead of taking the moral high ground and curing.

Regards
    DL

8. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Really.

Why would God make Satan our ruler if he did not want her to rule us?

Regards
    DL

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Jesus's messages has been distorted over time for the purpose of control by the Catholic Church (which every Christian branch follows mostly). Think about it. It's impossible to have a line to god you need them to speak on behalf of that line. Much more in old times but even now it's true. And on behalf of Jesus and god how much hate is committed?

It's a sin to say you are like Jesus. No, you are from god so you are god. That is the original message and it takes no church to validate it for you. So in that way no do not idolize Jesus. Like Buddha he is a man, and you as a man have the same abilty to rise to that level.

10. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

As a Gnostic Christian who lives what you put, I can only agree.

It is strange that literalists seem to read other passages literally, but when it comes to actually following what Jesus taught, they do not.

I, of course, like to remind Christians of what I think are Jesus' true teachings.

I show that while showing why I call my God I am.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

unfocusedanakin

I admit to not knowing the impact of the above on Christians as they mostly just run away from them stepping up to do as Jesus bid them do. Then again, sheeple are rather obtuse.

Regards
    DL

11. quark

quark Parts Unknown

He was walking around with 12 dudes and a light envelope. No wonder he got popped.