Should inmates be able to vote?

Discussion in 'Political Polls' started by boguskyle, Jan 13, 2011.

1. SoulVibrations

SoulVibrations celestial viator

:2thumbsup:

My fear is that the will be very easily swayed without thought of how the policies of the candidate they vote for affects "free" citizens, the people they probably stole from, raped, murdered etc. They will likely only think about themselves, THAT IS the mentality most prisoners have, to be cold hearted and only worry about themselves and how they can benefit from something, the greater good, ha!

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Tort reform, parole limits part of Harrisburg agenda
    Monday, January 03, 2011
    By Amaris Elliott-Engel, The Legal Intelligencer
    The state House of Representatives Judiciary Committee will take up perennial political favorites -- tort reform and parole for repeat violent offenders -- at the start of the next legislative year, according to interviews with legislative leaders. The state Senate Judiciary Committee will take up prison reform.
    And both committees will take up judicial discipline in the wake of the Luzerne County scandal.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11003/1114816-499.stm#ixzz1BF3XQF88

"I doubt this will go anywhere. The Senate is cost conscious and this is a budget buster," Mr. Love said.
    Mr. Boyle said his legislation would focus on only 400 offenders of more than 50,000 state prisoners. "If we could devise a system that focused more heavily on those that are more violent, the worst of the worst, while simultaneously still figuring out solutions for first-time, non-violent offenders ... maybe that would be the great compromise to enable us to be smarter about our prison population," he said....

And the inmates voted for what?..

3. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Truth be told this is the general population you just described.

4. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

dammit, stop posting my thoughts[​IMG]

5. largeamount

largeamount Senior Member

"No, they had their chance to be citizens. "
    so the majority of the voters here would be ok with criminals losing their citizenship when they are sentenced to prison time? that is wrong in so many ways...

6. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

you can always vote again afterwards.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Community corrections is a trial period in Citizenship... If you screw up 1/2 way house. You go to big house.. :p

Btw.. Citizenship is a required program for parole, you have a 1 to 3 yrs sentence you will not be paroled 1.5 yrs should you not have taken the Citizenship program.

8. meditatespace

meditatespace Member

Its all a joke anyway, if you read the thing about festivals, from today. I think any human being should be able to vote.

9. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

14 year olds too?

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

I am against the mentally retarded voting, and I dont care if they didnt smash my bread when bagging it at the market... They are not making up their own minds, they are listening to their care givers... The same way inmates would...
    and you have to be retarded to commit some the crimes level 4 up are in for..

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well,there goes half the population disqualified.

12. SoulVibrations

SoulVibrations celestial viator

lol, yes i realized as i was typing it sounded very familiar.

Society is always working against me, even when it isn't aware of the fact. :rofl:

13. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

I thought you were under my bed. I even threw some pot and some papers under there yesterday for you. No wonder I didn't heard a, "Thanks, man."

My friend I know that that is The Red Dragon flag of Wales. I've made a major study of flags.
    How many others here have a clue?

Thanks for that link. Very enlightening.

Kenny.

Actually, I dig "Whilst". It is correct. :sunny:

14. Scorpio Kenny

Well, at least I never dreamt of calling anyone an asshole. Nice work of setting an example for us all.
    Senior Member.

Would you care for some cheese, crackers, or a little caviar with that Whine?

Respectfully yours,
    Kenny

15. Scorpio Kenny

I see your point. Only people with experience in the correctional industry should be allowed to vote. I totally agree with you, orison. Your right.

Thank you for pointing out to everyone here that we no longer have any prisons. Prison no longer exist.

You are correct. We have an industry. A series of vast industries. Money making tax income eating industries. No justice. Just an industry like PB or Dow Chemical.

With more than 2.3 million people behind bars, the United States leads the world in both the number and percentage of residents it incarcerates, leaving far-more-populous China a distant second, according to a study by the nonpartisan Pew Center on the States.

It's an Industry -->
    Five states -- Vermont, Michigan, Oregon, Connecticut and Delaware -- now spend as much as or more on corrections as on higher education.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/02/28/ST2008022803016.html

Now you believe it.

…2009 were on probation, in jail or prison, or on parole — about 3.1% of adults in the U.S. resident population, or 1 in every 32 adults.
    Wikipedia

3.1% of the population? Crazy.
    This means that 31 people are working and paying taxes so that we can pay $34,000 a year to some guard to sit around for 8 hours a day. And to get up out of their chair once in a while to beat up someone in a cell. Real cool.

The "Industry" costs taxpayers $38,000 per prisoner incarcerated per year. We could simply pay each prisoner half that figure to stay out of trouble and to watch each other and narc on each other.
    If you get caught again, you will lose your annual free $19,000 salary.

We would have paid Angels everywhere. And just consider the quality of evidence that you would get from the other Angels out there. First hand.

Beyond all of this, they have the nerve to call it Corrections. Lie!

And we quibble about voting. Have fun, Folks.

16. Scorpio Kenny

orison319

By the way, my parter and I just finished editing an Encyclopedia of Incarceration, Government Drug Policies, Criminal Law. 1,000 pages.

btw Im talking to you...... @Scorpio Kenny

But. Your right, and I know nothing.
    I wonder how it must feel to be right all of the time. What a curse that must be.

May God bless you, man.

17. Geriatric Delinquent

Geriatric Delinquent Member

Taking away prisoners and ex-prisoners(?) right to vote means that, in the pious opinion of the American electorate, there is no such thing as rehabilitation and/or "salvation" for criminals, ever.

May as well just shoot the poor sub-human cunts as soon as they are convicted and spare the Goody-Two-Shoes taxpayer the cost of their accommodation.

18. Geriatric Delinquent

Geriatric Delinquent Member

ditto!

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

you may or may not know anything.. But I know this much...( --- ) its just a little, but enough..
    I like to hear the prison whistle from my house up on this hill.. A whistle that actually blows for no reason. After $40 million dollars in renovations ,, my tax dollars , 90% of the prison is closed. In fact if it was open I wouldnt need to drive very far to work there and that I probably would. The reason I didnt transfer to this jail was that I was hired by a hospital, another institution after leaving the other job.. kinder care sort of thing.

This thing you have against the same industry that has many people Employed and Incarcerated is missing the educational portion of the meal.. You have this faint idea that people go to jail, do time, get fucked in the ass, and are released .,. Sorry sir you are dead wrong and really need to stop watching NBC dateline prison stories.. What an act..

Show like, are just one example Pit Bulls and Parolees : Animal Planet
    a changing industry where more community involvement and reintegration processes. The more your invloved with the prisons from the outside. The safer they are inside..
    You can join a local prison society that reports back to the Governors office, you can file grievances. If you or your loved one is incarcerated... Its not the end the world unless you make it out to be one. You can go to jail and let the time do you,. or you can do the time.
    There is nobody forcing you to get your GED, go to college, Learn a skill in jail, Theses are all offered to you. Dont tell me they are not. Some people in jail have more rights than people on the street. And a Death row inmate gets a tooth ache, you can bet your ass he's going to be in a dentist chair tomorrow FREE of cost. Try doing that out side and see what the dentist charges you.

Inmate is state property til they prove otherwise. With reduced Levels of incarceration.
    Again, you are Classified in levels- DUI offender sent upstate is a Level 5 at the door, will not be level 4 til processed, level 3 in 6 to 12 month. given state of conditions of incarceration level will go down to parole status, only if conditions are meet- taking required programs, no write ups, misconducts. Then they can be a citizen again Level 2 and 1 Community corrections, 1/2 way house, house arrest, parole.. While on parole you are still under arrest,. Its a condition of your release, you are still in jail ..

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

Tomorrows main line meal .. Will be: breakfast, Eggs, toast, hot cereal, fruit, coffee.
    Lunch: hot dogs, bun, bean salad, potato tots, cookie, drink..
    Dinner: Turkey cacciatore, rice, vegetable, ice cream bar. drink...

yeah Rights,. They eat better than you do everyday, free health care, dont need to pay heating and cooling, all the water you can flush away in a day, the longest showers you could want, cable tv, clean linens, free soap and toilet paper..

These things they didnt even need to earn yet. haha., Ok sure just where do we set up the voting machines on death row?.
    Or MHU> mental health unit.. RHU - like death row only General population HOLE =restrictive housing unit..