Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by NoRtHStAr, May 30, 2004.

1. NoRtHStAr

NoRtHStAr Member

Not to get all sappy, but these forums have always been there for me when I had a problem, for the past year or so I'll admit I have drifted from these forums I mean they are constantly changing! New people, new threads, but I really need help and this is one of the best places to turn to I figure.

So here's my dilemma:

Ever since I started at my new school, my social life slipped away. I grew apart from all my old friends, and soon I found myself very isolated and depressed. Every weekend I have little or nothing to do, and few people to do it with. Now the offer to move in with my dad seems perfect. It would be a change from my so called "life" here and I would get away and move across the country.

The problem is that I would leave my mom and my brother. It's a small family and we are incredibly close-knit. My mom and I are best friends, but I'm dying here. I would miss her, my brother and the friends I do have. I don't know anybody where my dad lives, but it would be the chance at a new beginning (although it could turn out to be worse).

Anyways I'm really torn and I don't know what to do! I'm not asking anyone to decide my life for me, but I really would appreciate advice!

Thanks so much for being there everyone!
    Peace and Love
    kd

2. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Why run from the problem? You don't have friends, because you moved with a pissy attitude. (From what I understand from reading) So get off your ass, and make some friends. Say fuck you to everyone who doesn't want to hang with you, and say HELLO to new people. You have to put yourself out there in order to meet new people, and make friends. Don't be afraid to act crazy!

If it's a problem, then don't move. If you are BF with your mom, stay with her...don't run. Give the place you are a shot!

3. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

Should i stay or should i goi?? should i stay or should i go? if i go there will be trouble, if i stay it will be double. so yove gotta let me know, should i stay or should i go. - the Clash, RIP Joe Strummer

i think you should stay, and i like moon flower said,. go places, meet people, just start conversations with people, like go to Protests and concerts, and maybe youd meet people with some same interests as you.. just start off a conversations like at a consert start talking to someone like " I really like the concrete bandnas, what are your favorite bands" ot like " Hi, whats your middle name?" you know.. and like yeah...

4. NoRtHStAr

NoRtHStAr Member

Thanks for the replies! I wrote that in a bit of a hurry last night though and I didn't totally go into detial...

I did drift from many close friends when I decided to go to a performing arts highschool instead, but not only that the friends I have in my neighborhood (as we got older) began getting into heavy drug use and soon friends I had in grade 2 were getting pregnant at 14. I just didn't want to be a part of that and so I parted from those friends as well. I have made many friends at my new school, but they pretty much all live out of town.
    I've lived here for ten years (sorry if I made it sound like I had moved to a new place) and for past three I've been incredibly unhappy.
    Anyhoo Peace 'n Love

oh and SHould I Stay or SHould I Go? is a song by The Clash

5. Orsino

Orsino Member

I've heard that in another song before as well. My mind tells me Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. I think you should move where you think it's best. I know you're having a hard time to decide... but... if it's making you depressed, you'll always have your family.... you can lose your friends.

~ George

6. underwhelmed

underwhelmed Member

i say go w/ your dada a little bit, if you are as miserable as you sound, and if it doesnt work out, then maybe you need to look within yourself ands ee if you are the part of the problem.

this happened to me, and the change worked for the better!!!

7. kier

kier I R Baboon

do what's best for you, and when i say best, i mean best, not easiest. sometimes it is best to get away, but running away from your troubles won't make them all disapear