Should i smoke this? Weed Experts Read and Reply please!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by wrench, Jan 21, 2005.

1. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

That's easy. As you light the top of the bowl, the hot air rushes down through the bowl and pulls unburnt spores from the bottom of the bowl into the smoke, then into your lungs.

humandraydel

2. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

If the spores are that loose then it would be jsut as dangerous opening the box and pondering as to whether to smoke the bud.

3. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

not really, because at that point you haven't disturbed the pores of the mold. after chopping,packing and putting your fingers all over it.. you'll have kicked up a tornado of lovely mold spores.

4. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh and youve also stirred it up heaps and got it all over you already as well, since youve chopped, and packed it and put yoru fingers all over it.

5. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

They might. Spore cases are extremely durable. Spores are produced when the main body of the fungus is in danger of dying/running out of food/in stressful conditions. They are like an escape pod in a sense. They are meant to survive adversarial conditions, they've been found to survive outer space and reentry into the atmosphere, the scientists found them out the outside of the shuttle's windows and were able to put them in favorable conditions, and they grew just like normal spores would. That's some major temperature extremes: the cold of outerspace and the heat of reentry.

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

interesting. though the durability of spores is of course determined largely by the threat of the environment, and wet plant fungus wouldnt exactly be as durable as spores that have managed to travel space in the first place. so the cases of incredibly durable spores in extreem conditions isnt a definitive case for all fungi. i think this calls for an experiment. oh wait, there it was, she smkoed it and didnt get fungus growing in her lungs :p In fact ive not seen a single case of where that has happened, only people warning against it. isnt fire meant top be the universal disinfectant?

7. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

I've heard the same about smoking shrooms, and yet.. i can't find any proof to say that smoking shrooms will literally kill you ( i think that's bs )

8. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

d00d, 1 s/\/\0|<3d s|-|r00/\/\s 0n(3....n0\/\/ 1 a/\/\ a1\/\/ays tr1pp1ng

uhhh, or something

i'm not suggesting mold will start to grow and take over your lungs, but it could give some breathing problems for a while. also, there are some strains of mold that WILL kill you easily

humandraydel

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

but if breathing problems persist then it must be growing? otherwise the body would just get rid of the dead spores by the next day or so?

10. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Well, the mold won't be durable, but the spores will. Even in wet conditions, the spores produced are durable as hell, thats the only way a spore can be.

I'm not saying you're going to have weed-mold growing in your lungs, but still, you never know (maybe she does have mold in her lungs); the point is I wouldn't want to smoke moldy weed. To each their own tho