Should I Shroom?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by batman_42333, May 11, 2004.

1. batman_42333

batman_42333 Member

Hey Everyone-
    Im wondering if I should try shrooms. I'm 15, I've been smoking pot for about a year, and drinking since about the fourth or fifth grade. Ive got some friends that offered to have me come over and trip out on some mushrooms. I was ready to go but that weekend I smoked a shitload of pot and things got a little weird. It wasnt like any high id got before. Im usually pretty mellow when Im stoned but this time I was getting mad paranoia, i felt claustrophobic and was having trouble getting a grip which is pretty unusual for me. So I got to thinking, if I can have an experience like that just on pot what the hell is gonna happen when I try shrooms? Some friends have got some fucked up stories of when they were trippin but they also say it was one of the most significant things theyve ever done. I really want to but I just dont want to start wiggin out on my friends, I know how that can be. Up till my little incident that night I was always considered by myself and my friends as someone that can handle shit, do you guys think I can handle shrooms?

Peace-
    Batman

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

what do you think caused you to trip out on the pot?? be honest.

are you really close and comfortable with your friends?

3. bobfirechief

bobfirechief Member

Only you will be able to tell if you're ready for mushrooms and from what it sounds like I don't think you are . They can produce a very powerful experience , much more intense than mj . Read as much information on mushrooms as you can and start with just a gram or two for your first time , and if you have ANY doubts , paranoia , anxiety , etc.. then just wait . Having a good mindset is the first step .

4. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Try only a 16th of an ounce if it will be your first encounter with psychedelics. Or, go for the 8th and drink some orange juice or take vitamin C, supposedly it intensifies the effects.

Oh, and check your family history; make sure theres no schizophrenia or anxiety disorders as they can be triggered early because of psychedelics. (They don't cause pschosis, if some disorder surfaces, its because it was going to sometime later.)

5. Requiem422

Requiem422 Member

Relax and go trip the fuck out never pass up an oppurtunity like that

6. serra

serra tentacle girl

sometimes i used to get all messed up when i got stoned like that.... doesn't happen any more. it's all very dependant on your mindset and how your outlook is at that point in time.

if you are feeling anxious and uncomfortable with youself, stay away from mushrooms. if you are happy, relaxed, and feeling as though you are ready for a journey through inner space, then go for it.

mushrooms are really easily influenced by your surroundings. be sure to be with people you trust, in a place where you feel safe. make sure you don't have any responsibilities looming over your head (i.e. an early curfew and having to drive home, or anything like that.)

try only doing 1 or 2 grams at first. if you feel like you can handle more once you are into the trip, then do so, but take it easy. mushrooms are very tricky little guys....

7. batman_42333

batman_42333 Member

To answer your question fractual I think I might have a pretty good idea. I am comfortable with my friends, but the night I was trippin I went to this place with people from all over my school. If anything caused it it was probably that. I was fine one second, but when I got to this place I was standing in the yard in front with all these people and thats when it hit me. These guys that have the mushies are good friends of mine and I think I'm going to have to try taking shrooms. If I trip out Ill just get through it and not try em again for a while. Anyway, thanks for all the advice.

Peace-
    Batman

8. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

like it says above "only u can decide if u can do shrooms or not".
    for mush u have to be in the right state of mind in order to enjoy them. u have to be happy and u have to want to do them, but it sounds to me like ur afraid of trying them so i would suggest not doing it until ur ready.

9. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Mabye you got some laced pot too. Only do mushrooms if you have read up on them at www.erowid.org and are completely comfortable with doing them.

10. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

Highly unlikely. :(

More probably is that he was just "high."

Anwho, I concour with Serra's advice, and even more stronly advise that you make sure you have a plan; you should have somewhere to go, without any authority figures lurking about, that you are with VERY close friends (some don't seem so close, once you've tripped with them ;)), and that you don't have any obligations for atleast a day or so.

Otherwise, gobble down and enjoy. ;)