Should I Shave?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by cjfc, May 26, 2015.

1. cjfc

cjfc Member

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

If A Girl Likes You For Who You Are I Don't See Why It Matters Either Way... :)

Cheers Glen.

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

dont shave it

better for them to get used to it the way it is ....otherwise theyll expect you to shave it all the time for occasions like weddings and funerals

4. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I feel your confusion. I won't go into details, but there are some things I don't know if I should do or not, all for the sake of men.

So, what do I do?

First dates I would be myself, in terms of appearance and personality. In order to let them know this is me and that's it. As a treat, every once in a while I will do what they prefer for me to change.

I doubt there will be a guy that completely will be satisfied with me. Which I think it's fine. It's kind of sad, but we're not in the movies. This is real life and people want people to change. As long as I find someone that accepts me for the things they favor, as well as the things they don't, then that's better than nothing. Sure, they will share their suggestions and what they actually prefer, but after all that is said they still accept me.

Now, if the person is constantly telling me what they want me to change, and they are going from sharing their suggestions and what they prefer to downright complaining and insulting me, then obivously that's not worth it. But, if a girl is laying beside me, playing with my beard and she says that I would look better without it, or she says that it itches, and I shave it every few months as a treat for her, I think that's fair, the least I can do without completely compromising myself, I'm sure she is doing things she doesn't want to change for me, and it's a nice gesture.

Of course, there is a second option and that is being who you are, no matter the circumstance. In saying that, I think that a lot of people put up a front and go on telling other people that they would never change for a woman or man. But, when they're in the situation they change, whether they do it knowingly, unknowingly, willingly, and unwillingly. But, I do believe that out of all the people that will preach a life of being who you are and never changing, I think out of all those people there is at least one person who lives that life. Maybe you will be that person. Also, maybe you don't even have to be that person or the person that I am, because there are plenty of women who like a beard.

All in all, I can't answer this for you. It's your decision.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the beard is not really relevant either way. some girls will like it, some won't. but very few will consider it a deal breaker either way.

6. cjfc

cjfc Member

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm pretty much attracted exclusively to guys with beards

8. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

You could shave it and then let it grow back again....My husband does that every month or so..shaves his beard all off and lets it grow back fresh.

9. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I cut my hair short and shaved my beard as my girlfriend didn't like it.I also just want to pass as a regular normal guy and not make my appearance an issue,so am becoming increasingly conservative in the way I dress.I am moving increasingly away from my attempts to be a hippie,which was really just a hangover from my parents who were real hippies in the late sixties.Right now I am seeking credit in the straight world,even though on the inside I have in the past been highly strange,I am finding that my newfound conversion from Buddhism to Christianity is providing me with a stronger and more clear cut identity.Ultimately outward appearances are not what's important,and I don't judge others on this.People should arrange how they look according to what they feel comfortable with.Of late I prefer smart casual.

10. nox_lumen

nox_lumen Member

Is the beard an extension of your personality? Or something you hide behind?

I think it could be treated the same as anything on a face, like make-up. If it's an extension of who you are on the inside, and you were asked to get rid of it, wouldn't that set a bad precedent in the relationship? On the other hand, if you just do it out of habit, or do it to hide what you see as imperfections, perhaps it's time to drop the mask.

11. @Kelly

@Kelly Members

If I were you I won't shave the beard. This is you and do you want that girl to like you or someone who you are not?

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

whichever one gets pussy probably. you must be one of the few actual girls on the internet, because guys understand the need to take what you can get so you don't have to die an idealistic virgin.

1 person likes this.
  13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The art is to 'take' what you want without dropping your ideals (assuming the ideals are actually reasonable :p ;)). People who are overly pragmatic where it comes to conforming to what the other gender wants are usually best to be avoided for the long term (as they are after all generally posing as something they are not, which is hard to keep up)

Also good to realize though is that a guy is not their beard, so you're not necessarily betraying yourself when you shave your cheeks :p

But reality is that some girls like guys with beards and some do not. It is up to you if you adapt your look to a certain kind of woman.

14. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Keep your beard.