Should I play the Ouija board?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by HLJ, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I summoned Biggie Smalls in the bathroom. Haven't showered since

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"the dark underworld" humans have also pulled out of their ass.
    it is true, anything we can imagine might exist somewhere, but a; whatever does owes nothing to our doing so, or telling someone else what to,
    and b; i'm sorry but i find no observable connection, between subconsiously pointing at a sequence of letters and numbers, and the dark side of anything.

now of course if that is what someone is intending to, and yes, there do seem to be people who intend that,
    well that could result in they're doing harmful things, whatever means they use to gratify doing so.

strangeness is sacred, not evil. evil is wishing to cause harm, whether by strange means or familiar.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  3. lode

lode Banned

"Dear Hip Forums:

I just tried to use a Ouija Board and nobody talked to me. Am I unpopular?"

-Yours
    Lonesome in Lode

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

good point.
    however they way they're set up, the ones that are sold, is it takes two people to use them, and ideally a third to record what it says, so that the two people pushing the pointer about don't have to open their eyes and conscously see what they're doing until done with that question or word.

the idea that two people are supposed to be subconscously moving that thing around without conscious control of it, is probably where people came up with this notion that unseen forces, other then their own subconscous, would just have to be somehow involved. as if they'd never seen a rainbow, swarm of bees, or any other kind of emergent phenomina.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

20190214_153152.jpg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  6. lode

lode Banned

You could acomplish the same with two people, blindfolds, and a smartphone.

But it would be incomprehensible. Because it needs people because it's kinda autonomic reaction, only for people who want to lose that motor control like hypnosis.

I know life is desperately needing some spice sometimes, but I don't really see how adults buy this.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Biggie Smalls would have been more appreciative of the line “I summoned Biggie Smalls in the bathroom stall” …you see it rhymes [​IMG]

btw If you look into the mirror and say his name 3 times The Notorious B.I.G. will haunt you for the rest of your days forcing you to bend to his will.

Asmodean likes this.
  8. Asmodean

I know... :(

McFuddy likes this.
  9. hotwater

Cheer up. things could worse than Rollin’ down the street in Sean Combs Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe
    while smoki indo, sippin on gin and juice

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what demons? demons are a fairy tail humans pulled out of their ass.
    yes yes, i know, many belief systems, not just the most familiar ones, have magic invisible bad guys.
    fine.
    there's still NO OBSERVABLE CONNECTION.

and the bigger question isn't should i play with a flat board with an alphabet on it, (like they have above the chalkboard in grade school class rooms),
    buy why?

if you're looking for some kind of scary bullshit, you can find that anywhere, or make it up yourself.
    if you're looking for a way to generate a random sequence of letters and numbers, there's nothing wrong with this being one,
    one of the more awkward, way of doing so.
    if you've got a small group of bored people who want to do something mostly harmless that they can pretend is dangerous and weird,
    well if something dangerous and weird happens, isn't that what they wanted?

jumanji, d and d, how is there a difference?

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

yeah like, you probably shouldn't take everything I say seriously hey.
    lol
    :p

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i know i'm kind of a humor invalid.
    its not that i have a problem accepting that humor exists, i just have a hard time sometimes recognizing it.

i was just using what you said as an excuse, a context, in which, to say my own silly thing too.

Asmodean and Irminsul like this.
  13. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[​IMG]

14. Asmodean

Same here.. especially on a text based medium of course. And that im not a native english speaker might sometimes add to it. But it happens mostly in political topics.

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Ugh, the Ouija board reminds me of my evil step mom. She was a fundamentalist Christian and superstitious as hell. Anyway, she found one of those things in my brother's closet and made us destroy it while she read out of the Bible. I felt stupid as hell.

Also, when I was in the army and living in the barracks my friend and I used a Ouija board to scare our superstitious roommate. We pretended to be channeling the spirit of a young soldier who had committed suicide in the barracks; scared the hell out of Ronny. People are strange.

16. Asmodean

Lol that's terrible. Poor Ronny

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

wait, people are joking in the political threads? i just thought this site was full of retards.

18. lode

lode Banned

Did she pick the verses out of the blue? Woulda been awkward if she landed on Lot getting hammered and banging his daughters.

19. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

My friend and her older sister were using a Ouija board when they were young and the sister pretended to become possessed. My friend said it was one of the most traumatic things that happened to her as a kid.

20. hotwater

Well it would have been a lot more traumatic if her older sister wasn’t faking it

[​IMG]