Should I go to Bonnaroo with my 7 month old?

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by iriegirl420, Jan 27, 2005.

1. iriegirl420

iriegirl420 Member

I really want to go to Bonnaroo this year but my daughter will be 7 months, has anyone gone with their children before?? Does it work? It's not like it'll be just the 2 of us so someone other than me can watch her

2. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

I saw a lot of kids in 2003 although in 2004 I'd think it would be tough carrying a child through knee deep mud

3. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

that's a touchy subject, really. i'll say this....do you know what you would get yourself into? a 15-20 hour wait in a crowded car with a 7 month old. Setting up camp on no sleep with a 7 month old. Enduring a long walk to the venue in the heat with a 7 month old. Standing in long lines at porta potties. Standing in line to get food. Staying up late? getting intoxicated?

I'm not trying to keep you from going, but you need to give an honest thought to the conditions that you'll be put through. do you still want to take your daughter? would it possible to get (or beg) your mom to watch her for a weekend? you'd have a much better time by yourself and it may not be bad to get away for a weekend anyway.

if you do go, just be careful.

take care,

humandraydel

4. yovo

yovo Member

skip bonaroo and treat yourself and your daughter to a grass roots folk-festival instead!!!

5. FreshPhish

FreshPhish Member

Tennessee in the middle of the summer is no joke. It's going to be hot hot hot, and I'd say 7 months is probably a little too young to be toting along to the Roo. I'm afraid this year's festival might be a little trashed, at least that's what I see from the shows I've been to the past 8 months. All anyone's interested in is charging ridiculous prices for bunk doses.

Cool rocks, I think I saw a whole book of that dude's art somewhere, really neat how much time he spends finding the perfect colors to fade naturally like that.

6. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

I would say dont bting the kid... She wont be old enought to even coprehend whats going on there.. When she can walk on her own then bring her.. she will retain some of the memories and have a blast with all the crazy interesing people around.. at 7 months theres no real point... its just gonna be alot of work on you. But if you decide to take her.. be really careful..

7. kayte

kayte Member

oh lordie, lordie no...i went the year before last, and it was extreme and complete chaos! the amount of loud abrasive fireworks alone is enough to set a 24 year old into complet panic, let alone a tiny baby. in my humble opinion, skip bonnaroo all together- it's a complete hectic greatest hits style fiasco...

8. jackerouac

jackerouac Member

please with all the love and respect i can muster dont do it.

roo is to large big, (a far walk for shade, water) too hot (heat stroke, dehydration) to extream for a 7month old seriously with all respect it could be fatal for a child that age

9. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

Yea doesnt it get like 120 degrees there???

10. UrsusKind

UrsusKind U like Chris Farley?

Well mom, i'm poppa, well at least in my house. I say you are the momma and know what is best for your babe. Yes there is a heat thing to consider but also remeber somehow for many many moons we humans raised reared and even enjoyed children without an AC and I'm willing to bet maybe even a few near were Roo's gonna be this year. My son will be 7 months on Feb 3 and he is holding his head up interested in people and things and if a festival was around if momma OK'd it he'd be there on poppas back.

I think the main thing is to plan. Are you gonna drink, dose, puff? Who is gonna watch your child if you do? Are they chill enough to pass on a floating doobie if one should chance by. (I know many feel you can parent while altered but in a public place you are just tempting some social worker to take your kid and make it hard to get back.

Oh and if you go, make sure your babe hasn't been in AC allllllll summer long. If the heat is new the little one wilt surely freak at the new uncomfortable, read that constantly uncomfortable situation.

Peace momma, and trust your heart and your knowledge of your baby.

MOMMA always knows best if she is a real momma at heart!!!!!!

11. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

12. sdelic

sdelic Member

If your taking an RV and someone else who can help you watch your kid it might be doable. I would recommend getting someone to babysit and you just go as you'll have a much better time. It's very hot there and humid, the campgrounds are first come first serve and if your not planning on renting an RV and just tenting it you'll have to bring along earplugs because the music and fireworks and noise doesn't stop.

13. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Okay, baby girl, why are you asking strangers this? <No offense to anyone here.> You know what to do! You do!!! It's what you're gut is telling you. Not your heart (it wants to go the da roo). Not your brain (it's figuring out ways that you can justify going to da roo). No, you're gut. If you've been to the roo or you have heard the stories of the circus it is, you know with your lil ol momma's soul that it is no place for a seven month old. It's just too, too much. If it was a single day gig with about twenty to forty thousand people, it would be a whole different thing. There'll be many more Bonnaroos, believe me. It's too successful a money maker. Take your baby when she can better handle the extreme conditions and maybe enjoy herself.

14. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

(((((((( luvndrumn )))))))))
    He summed it up sweety, said what I was thinking. You know its not a good idea, thats why yer asking. Its a huge fest and chaotic. I know enough adults that will avoid the place because its just too much. Find something smaller and kinder. There will be more Bonnaroos.