Should I get a reduction?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by peace057, Jan 16, 2005.

1. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

Ya know, it'd be much easier to offer good advice if you shared a picture of yourself, preferably in a low cut dress/blouse/shirt . . .

2. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I am SOOOOO glad! Most doctors who do this procedure put LITTLE thought into the milk duct destroying aspects of this procedure. Most plastic surgeons will go on a "you deserve this" rant, to get you to have the procedure. But I am glad you are really putting thought into it.

Doctors CANNOT do this surgery without damaging and removing milk producing structures. It is impossible to tell unused milk ducts from fat in the non lactating breast, and even in a lactating or recently lactating breast, it is too time consuming for most plastic surgeons to take the time, if it could be done, which many argue it can't be (meaning dong the surgery while "sparing" the milk ducts) your ducts are ALL OVER your breast, the fat and connective tissue works in and out of the ductal structures, so doing a reduction without damaging the structure is impossible. ALSO, nerve connections from your nipple have a HUGE influence on Milk Ejection Reflex (which you can't cause your breast to let the milk OUT without) and numb nipples or those which have been compromised in either blood supply or nerve transmission will have serious problems. The nipple is ALWAYS moved in this procedure (otherwise you'd end up with a nipple pointing down or out) and saving the nerves function, even if they aren't completely severed, is impossible. If they move the nipple, you will have trouble with Ejection.

Seeing a Chiropractor would be the best idea at this point!

Blessings to you for being putting though into this.

Hugs,

Maggie

3. vinceneilsgirl

vinceneilsgirl Member

Me neither and I'm a chick!

Mine are a D cup and have been since I was 12. I would never get them reduced. They are what makes me a woman.

4. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

You guys might be a little more open to understanding if you were in my situation. My breasts were so heavy for my small frame that I actually had a herniated disc in my neck which required surgery-PLUS my neurosurgeon said I had a spine of an 80 year old woman...I had bone spurs removed, I have scoliosis & I am STILL in pain everyday from my G cup breasts. You have NO idea what you're talking about until you've gone through what I have with those big fuckers. I hate breasts, I'm a C cup now & wish I were an A. My breasts have ruined my body.