Should Guns be Banned in the US?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skip, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Shameless

You are prepared because you fear that a calamity could happen any moment causing people to go crazy and try to kill you and you loved ones.

But you’re not afraid honestly I mean who’d be afraid if they did think that at any moment a terrible catastrophe will happen so that people just simply go crazy and start killing for survival.

I mean you don’t feel threatened in any way by your fellow citizens even if you think that at any moment they will turn crazy and try to kill you.

This I think is a perfect example of the contradiction that I talked about just above.

2. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes they are the 'same old arguments' because they are God's own truth. If you're speaking truth you have no need to keep changing your story. Your problem seems to be that your unwilling to accept the answers to your questions because they don't fit your fantasy world view and also the fact that you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the ass.
    Just because one is threatened does not mean one is afraid or needs to be, that must be a Brit's view of life.
    I have to go to the VA now, but maybe we can play more later Ma'am.
    btw; I do'nt drink sis.

3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Shameless

I think you should come back when you are feeling better, because you are not doing yourself or the side of the argument you are on, any favours.

4. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

I dont need no stinkin' handbook to know that this is not a perfect world and if the economy failed yes indeed the ppl would panic and there would be looting and piliging throughout our nation. What would you think would happen if we amercians were not there to back you up and your shit crashed. You think ppl would just sit there and say The Queen will see to us.. HA!! fat chance. There would be looting and killings there too.

Amercia needs to take care of Americans and fix what is wrong here and you can fix what is wrong there. We stop sending you aid and you take care of yourselves. We americans kept her US$$ and send all the illegals back to where they came from, we would not be facing financial disorder.

How does that sound?!? It would be the be4st thing america could do for HER ppl.

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Ranger

So are you Shameless and also Ranger?

Because you seem to have replied to a post for Shameless but not the one aimed at Ranger.

Anyway there is a big problem with you view, you see just claiming something is true does not make it true.

I have criticised your views, you are refusing to address those criticism preferring instead to dictate that you ideas are ‘God’s own truth’.

Sorry but that doesn’t make the criticisms go away.

6. shameless_heifer

Balbus, I feel just fine.. and BTW I do not drink either, so another one of your assumptions are afoul. Why is it that I would have to be fucked up to defend my country. BC I believe I should have the right that is written in our constitution to posses a firearm. I seen war on our own streets. ever hear of the Watts Riots. or the protest marches in the 60/70s, I was there.. where were you.

I am not about to give up now.

7. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I have to stand back in awe as I am impressed with Shameless' fight. Balbus, I respect you, sir/ma'am, but face it- Shameless has not only more facts supporting her side but the poll results also tell more than enough.

Balbus, the best way for countries to quit fighting and warring and murdering and blah blah blah is for everyone to start respecting each others ideas and opinions. I don't see that from you.

We'll be concerned about your views on gun control when you come to the US and get naturalized. Even then, we'll still love you.

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

research the Marshall plan

9. scratcho

Britain got 3.5 billion to help re-build after the war. That's 1947 dollars. Magna Carta-look it up.

10. stonk

stonk Member

they paid the usa a lot more than that for armaments and troops i can tell you. The aid was a separate deal which was separate to the deal made for troops - you are talking about aid - i am talking about the cost of weapons and troops from the usa

11. shameless_heifer

The Truth is that shameless_heifer deleted the posts that were off topic so Skip did not have to come in and clean it up. The topic is not shameless_heifer it's about gun banning in the usa.

12. scratcho

Hey stonk. You know ,you're laughing at something that I think is really interesting and that I have always liked about this country. It's true that we're a young country with people and ideas from all over the world. There are people here from every country and 99 % of them all seem to know the same information --especially the kids. There are millions of people that don't even speak english very well,but when you hear their kids just after they've been to school for a short time,they sound just like me,they soon have the same info that I have and are pretty happy to be here. Sure,we've had our troubles over the years,it's getting harder to make it in some ways(mostly I believe by the republican party--just my opinion,of course--others will disagree,which is fine--that's why we're here!) We've put upon people and been put upon,but make no mistake--when the chips are down --we will come thru. We're a huge,beautifull and varied country with many great people and many ass-holes,just like anywhere. But we are americans and most of us like that just fine. So laugh away if you must--we don't mind too much. I can still get in my car and drive for thousands and thousands of miles anywhere I want to go and not show"papers" every time I turn around. I can call my president a cocksucker if I want and not be jailed or shot for doing so.There's a lot for us to bitch about these days,but I think maybe we'll be OK. I would think,regardless of how much some may dislike us--those same people might want to be damn glad to know we're here.

We have always welcomed people from anywhere,and also treated those that were here before our migrations very badly. And so it goes. We do believe that those that come now might want to adhere to our immigration laws. We don't see much wrong in that. We're are not happy with our leaders right now for various reasons--but we'll get 'er worked out. And that's the way I see it. My ancestor came here with Lafayette to help in the revolution and I'm damn glad he did. ----just so I'm not too far off the topic -------GUNS. there.

13. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I'd love for Stonk to learn the value of the US dollar during WW2 and now. "trillions of dollars"? Oh please. Back then I'm not sure they had a definition for such a large number.

14. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

I love that people think we have less guns in Canada.
    Technically there are a smaller number here in Canada, but the US has 10x more people.
    Canada has more guns per capita than the US, and we are fine.
    We are fine because of our social programs, plain and simple.

15. chihao

chihao Guest

essentially guns have no difference with knives or tennis rackets.If a criminal wanna kill someone,even shoelace could be a choice

16. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

:cuss:We can have all the opinions we want- -First you have to change the constitution ,fight the NRA- and win- -THAT aint gonna happen any time soon- -

Personally, since this was a poll- -Im for gun control not taking anyway the right to own one - and abortion- and legal buds- and health care, the envirorment and energy laws, and a lot of other shit- some popular some not- -- - but at 60 yrs old I live within the law now(pretty much) not outside -Ive learned sadly enough the only way to change things is from within- we tried to freelance our ideologies 40 plus yrs ago :peace:

Made headway in a lot of issues- -but then life just got in the way ,and many had to move on- - leaving up to future generations. issues that we couldnt or didnt complete
    I fought my battles - here and fuckin abroad- Fighting Amerikas beef overseas wasnt my idea- I went with an issue about guns,it took a few days for that to change.

It wasnt easy--but we made some points back then that stuck and are part of the fabric of Amerika today :sunny:

My kids and grandkids will have to make the changes that they believe are right for themselves and Amerika- - I do believe I tought my children well- thier fathers Hell.

Whatever you believe in- -make a difference**
    jack

17. shameless_heifer

The only thing I can see, why ppl in other countries would be against Americans having guns, is they are afraid we will use them against them?

The responsible gun owners in the US are not likely to panic and start shoot innocent ppl.

It's not just about the guns. It's about our constitution. It's about keeping our rights. If we lose our constitution things will revert into a government control issue. We will not stand and be stripped of our rights any further.

We've got a yr to figure out what/ who will be taking obummers place that will be good for the ppl and not their own greed. We need a better quaility of leadership. I think the whole world needs better leadership and less money/power grubbing.

There is enough for everyone if everyone takes only what they need to be comfortable and leave the rest for the next guy in line. If everyone was truly equail and we all had what we needed, there would be no need for guns except for hunting.

There would be no class's, just human beings, being human.

18. stonk

stonk Member

Not true at all.
    The reason that people in other countries dont want you to have guns is because they see your society is a mess and a bloodbath because of them and wonder how come their society is better without them.
    did you realise that in the USA these are the gun stats for the year 2004
    Number of people killed by guns in the United States in 2004: 29,569
    Percentage breakdown by US gun deaths in 2004, by type:
    * 16,750 suicides (56% of all U.S. gun deaths)
    * 11,624 homicides (40%)
    * 649 unintentional shootings, 311 from legal intervention and 235 from undetermined intent (4%).
    That averages out to 81 people dying everyday from guns.

In the uk where handguns are very very strictly controlled
    the figures look like this for the year 2001-2002

people killed by firearms was 23

The uk has one fifth of the population of the usa so lets see how close to the figure of 29,569 we get when we multiply 23 x 5

oh its 115

I think i like being oppressed if oppression means being free of gun crime !
    If the uk had a population the size of the usa's population but retaining the gun control the uk maintains we would have 115 deaths from guns compared to 29,569 in the usa
    LOL and they complain when a couple of 100 soldiers a year get killed in battle LOL
    theyre safer in bhagdad, now i realise why the usa attacks so many countries the soldiers feel safer in a war zone

so the people of France are all opressed, and in Germany and the UK, hahahahahah. Thats a laugh I am sure they will tell you they are as free as any american and just as oppressed.

19. walsh

walsh Senior Member

The Brits just don't understand. This is America. We tossed out you guys and adopted a constitution based on ideas by John Stuart Mill, Locke and Adam Smith, all true Americans. We want to keep that constitution thank you very much, and not change it, because that would mean changing our true Americanism. Guns were invented by the Americans and are 100% American, and we want to stay American so we will keep them. The British weren't allowed guns in their Bill of Rights and definitely not under english common law in 1776 when our constitution was made, and that's why we wanted to make the right to bear arms unique to America. Banning guns would make us un-American. If we wanted to ban guns and become something other than americans, we would change our constitution which is totally not based on British values. We would probably get rid of our three branches of government and separation of powers, which were not at all taken from Britain but from right here in America, and we would absolutely not have an executive, judiciary and legislature because those are strictly American branches of government not existing anywhere else in the world except here. If we wanted to not be americans anymore, we would certainly not have the word "United" in our name because no other country has that word, and elections probably wouldn't happen either. We might even decide to change our nation too, because that just doesn't happen here, hasn't happened since 1720. If we wanted to get rid of guns and not be american anymore, that is. Those people are just afraid because we're proud and they are not. We are special and if we changed, we wouldn't be.

20. stonk

stonk Member

you might want to revise that
    Wait LOL its irony I have been trolled LOL
    fantastic post i only wish i had, had, the ingenuity to make such a witty post
    speaking as a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

you see I know a great deal about the American constitution and how it was brought about as I was educated at a University founded by Jeremy Bentham and studied philosophy, at one of the worlds major philosophical centres of excellence UCL in London where the principles of freedom and democracy are hammered out in full by students who study there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.