should growing still be illegal

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by Hobes, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Hobes

Hobes Member

the thing on tobacco VS. weed on this is a thing of (ima) intox. it this forum i could care less about tobacco health probs. i NEVER said the license to grow should be biased and made so you could only get one if you where rich. this is a perfect world thing and many of us do not think it will ever be legal. 1 other thing

define uss

2. doom876

doom876 Member

That was supposed to be uhh. I could give a shit less if it's legal, yet I want it to be, I'll do it either way because I like it alot. May never be legal, but we have come a long way from reefer madness you gotta admit.

3. sohip19

sohip19 Member

it shouldnt be illegal but as long as pot is illegal altogether so will be growing it

4. Hobes

Hobes Member

OMG WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!!! DONT DO THIS TO ME MAN.(sorry i take being a smart ass as a good thing) once more this is all in idea. it may NEVER be legal, but if it was, is, will be SHOULD growing STILL be illegal.

5. duckyx

duckyx Member

To much fun growing it illegaly. Legal things just arnt that fun. just humorus lol

6. jerseydave

jerseydave Member

I truly enjoy the act of growing my own. I find it to be a great hobby with GREAT rewards. I really don't like that we can't grow an unprocessed PLANT. That's like saying we can't grow basil or something. I understand other 'drugs' as they are processed by humans but pot (and shrooms) are just pure nature. How can you outlaw nature?

Jersey

7. nesta

nesta Banned

actually, it doesnt require any specific license or permit to produce alcohol for personal consumption, at least on a federal level.

alcohol is produced through fermentation, and it is nationally legal to ferment your own wines, beers, sake, or mead. it is also legal to purchase distilled spirits and use them to make your own liqueurs, so long as you dont distill it.

distillation (isolating alcohol present in fermented beverages or similar fermented mediums) is what requires special permits and licenses, as well as distribution of homebrewed beer or wine. an exception is to provide homemade wine or beer for organized tastings.

but you certainly can provide yourself with personal quantities of alcohol, just not hard liquor.

it would be similar, if one really wanted to draw a comparison, to making it legal to grow pot but not to use that pot to produce hashish, hash oil, or extracting isolated cannabinoids.

either way, it should be legal to grow marijuana.

8. Puffis

Puffis Member

I don't think it should be illegal because it is a PLANT! Something that grows naturally, how can the government tell us not to grow it, the whole idea of it not being legal in the first place is absurd.

9. Bassplaya84

Bassplaya84 Member

It should be completely legal to grow marijuana. Requiring someone to have a license to grow it would be like requiring someone to have a license to grow tomatoes in their backyard. The only possible reasoning for it would be so that the government can take more of people's money. Dealing is a different story. If marijuana is made completely legal then maybe you should have a license to deal simply to prevent it from being laced with anything. However, you shouldn't be required to have a license to grow something that grows naturally.

10. johnnystillcantread

johnnystillcantread Member

I don’t think growing pot should be legal because it would take all the fun, excitement and defiance away. Cheers!

11. underground04

underground04 Member

thats like legalizing machine guns, assault rifles, RPG's etc. there comes a point where public safety trumps personal freedom and i believe its the point where you have addicts living on the street, whoring themselves/being slaves for a fix. "you ever suck dick for marijuana"? exaclty lol. in the same way that responsible citizens are trusted with pistols, rifles, shotguns and semi-auto assault weapons and arent with heavy artillery.

@ the OP- i believe growing should require a permit simply because un-regulated bud growing could lead to the same poisons that tobacco is chocked full of (maybe its just the plants themselves or the curing process that adds those, idk)

12. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

You are in Ohio a Class III state btw :) I have shot many full auto machine guns legally in good ole Ohio!

13. underground04

underground04 Member

:D
    wow. i love this state. guns everywhere and decriminalized pot. is 18 old enough to get a pistol/concealed carry permit?

14. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Not sure, I live in Michigan and the laws differ per state - I just interlope to shoot matches at clubs in Ohio here and there. The decision to apply for a ccw should not be taken lightly. There are alot of repercussions and responsibilities that are attached to it.

15. Tommy1The1Cat

Tommy1The1Cat Senior Member

i think we should be allowed to grow something mother nature gave to us

16. Shamanic Steve

Shamanic Steve Member

If MJ was legal. I wouldn't buy from shops. I bet they'd have loads of shit it. Weed is best homegrown.

17. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

corn is legal to grow but you cant grow it in your basement and sell it to people... there are certain regulations that have to be satisfied you cant have a whole bunch of people growing weed and selling it to people(the rise in fake/dirty stuff will rise because of the explosion of cultivation) maybe if you had a permit and a farm w gov inspections to make sure its not messed up :p(smoke with the inspectors lol)

18. Shamanic Steve

Shamanic Steve Member

Well i'd home grow it for myself. Others would have to buy from shops but i'd rather home grow. If you see what I mean.

19. DonVito

DonVito Senior Member

i really dont think it matters on this because even if it was illegal to grow it people are already used to growing it hidden now. if it was legal to grow even with a license then there would be even more pot then there is now. it would make it even easier for people to grow without a license because the government would have to keep an eye on the people with the licenses. i hope this makes sence lol. i personally think it should be legal to grow a certian ammount for personal use. there should be no law against growing it for personal use. in fact i would rather just grow my own then to buy from anyone else. if i could just grow my own pot with no worries about getting caught i would be in heaven.

20. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Well, I think it shoud be legal to grow for non-commercial purposes without a license.

I think commercial growth should be regulated so there is a way to keep tabs on environmental, labor, and quality standards. Every commercial business needs some sort of licensing.